Those who missed out...looking ahead to the rookie draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers?? Where can we see the updated training lists?

So we are looking at only having one pick in the rookie draft? Gee that sucks really wish we still had the 6 spots!

I reckon we should have a good look at Tom Schneider. Very good player.

Other possibilities:

Mitch Banner?
Sam Lonergan?
Jacob Surjan?
Lucas Cook?
Ben Saunders?
Billy Driscoll?

It's not auskick. The clubs don't go through the whole draft combine thing for shits and giggles. These kids need to show a modicum of right attitude. Even a rookie pick is a significant financial investment. This Garlett kids issues clearly go way beyond some gangsta pics on facebook.

How would you know? He only fell out of favour recently, not post combine interviews. If it was because of the picture with the smoke and a can of alcohol then I think that is pretty extreme.

How would you know? He only fell out of favour recently, not post combine interviews. If it was because of the picture with the smoke and a can of alcohol then I think that is pretty extreme.

Considering WC and FREO passed on him I think it stems a lot deeper than that.

The kid got kicked out of the AIS didn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Gribble please - kid can definitely play but just seams to have flown under the radar

a few more names that haven't been mentioned, Jacob Ballard, Louis Herbert, Tyler Blake, Shannon Taylor, Jack Hannath, Darcy Fort, Braedon McLean, Jarrod Stokes, Dylan Alice.

a few more names that haven't been mentioned, Jacob Ballard, Louis Herbert, Tyler Blake, Shannon Taylor, Jack Hannath, Darcy Fort, Braedon McLean, Jarrod Stokes, Dylan Alice.

Alice? Who the f*** is Alice? ;)

Haha Tas, your way off mate. The kids been on the nose for 2 years.

He is going to train with the Bombers in the lead up to the Rookie/PSD draft.

I think if you take players out of a bad environment you can turn them around. I don't think you need a whole squad of altar boys as long as the team is very well grounded.

Alice? Who the f*** is Alice? ;)

Small rebounding defender with excellent repeat speed and the ability to provide very good counter attack. His willingness to take the game on is a real feature of his game, as is his ability to go forward if required. Played 3 games for the Northern territory at this years NAB AFL U/18 Championships, his best came against NSW/ACT where he gathered 16 possessions and kicked 1 goal.

I probably shouldn't of added his name to that previous list, cause he looks like he'll be a real outside chance of being selected.

Small rebounding defender with excellent repeat speed and the ability to provide very good counter attack. His willingness to take the game on is a real feature of his game, as is his ability to go forward if required. Played 3 games for the Northern territory at this years NAB AFL U/18 Championships, his best came against NSW/ACT where he gathered 16 possessions and kicked 1 goal.

I probably shouldn't of added his name to that previous list, cause he looks like he'll be a real outside chance of being selected.
So, he's a bit of a smokie then?

Fair enough. Been a fairly sharp whack to the indigenous kids this year i reckon, 2 or 3 drafted only. Can't help but think if Garlett wasn't indigenous* he'd be on a list as of today. 2012 been a shocker of a year for indigenous players with the Rendell thing, Lovett, Jurrah and even Nathan Krak going home. There's been a few others also like Troy Taylor etc.

*inb4racistcall....just the way it kinda looks IMO.

Perhaps the AFL and that squealing twit they have working for them owe Matt Rendell an apology. He was simply saying aloud what every club has ultimately done.

How do we know he fell out of favour recently? The AIS incident wasn't that recent. And given all 18 clubs passed , its more than a few fb pic.
Good luck to the kid, hope he makes someday.

Can also confirm, that other teams are interested in rookie-ing Ben Speight.

But the roos have told he will be our last rookie pick. Richo will be our 2nd last rookie pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back