Millewa FL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

great win by werrimul over the weekend. Yes i heard bambil had a few out but i also heard that the pies had one fit player left on the bench going into the last quarter where they were 3 goals down.
Nothing personal against Bambil, but i think its great for the competition to see them at a similar range to the rest of the clubs.

well an interesting start to the year. werrimull 2 from 2. Bambill still the team to beat and Gol gol will be right up there again. Who does everyone think will be the 4th team?

Nangiloc struggling to start the year but there side looks better on paper, and where overran by bambill in the second half. Euston had a huge win round one and a huge lose this weekend. They might continue there trend from previous years and struggle away from home. Cardross have been up and down already this year. There big test will be this friday night again werrimull and define whether they are a top 4 side.

well an interesting start to the year. werrimull 2 from 2. Bambill still the team to beat and Gol gol will be right up there again. Who does everyone think will be the 4th team?

Nangiloc struggling to start the year but there side looks better on paper, and where overran by bambill in the second half. Euston had a huge win round one and a huge lose this weekend. They might continue there trend from previous years and struggle away from home. Cardross have been up and down already this year. There big test will be this friday night again werrimull and define whether they are a top 4 side.
agree bambill the team to beat still not full strenght yet and golly will also be hard to beat top 3 are very close, good for the leauge not a one horse race like the past few years, still think euston will make up the top 4 nangi will struggle bit of a shame thought they were ment to be the power house of the comp this year:confused::confused: cardy will be a close 5th still should be a good game friday night under lights against the pies:thumbsu:

If your not playing footy this weekend i suggest you make the trip out to Nangy and watch Ben Duscher have a run around. It's not often you get a player of his calibre (VFL Captain) slumming it with us Millewa boys.

Hes got a few tricks and will be good to see the 3 Duscher boys trying to outdo each other!

Bambil close to announcing a coach and recruiting quick legs, werrimul to lose half of their premiership side, euston losing gun full forward to robinvale, cardross spending all their flood recovery money on players, nagiloc named a young bloke as coach who couldn't get a kick in a street fight, not sure about yhe roos but gol gol for premiers in 2013 :D

Bambil close to announcing a coach and recruiting quick legs, werrimul to lose half of their premiership side, euston losing gun full forward to robinvale, cardross spending all their flood recovery money on players, nagiloc named a young bloke as coach who couldn't get a kick in a street fight, not sure about yhe roos but gol gol for premiers in 2013 :D

Golly on a spending spree early which is no surprise as they dont like coming 2nd!
Apparently they have signed Hayden Cook, Matt Birthisel & Jarrod Roberts and are keeping Sonny Lindsay & Co.

Who is coaching Cardy as have heard they've thrown out Rolfe and appointed Ransome & Spicer?
Joey Wright & Ryan McCaig (Assistant Coach) have also signed for Cardy.

Dont right off Werrimull as they are in pretty good hands with Danny Thorton and are talking to some pretty handy players to replace those they have lost.

Pretty big call early on Golly but onething that i can guarentee is the Nangy & Meringur will b a distant last!!

Golly on a spending spree early which is no surprise as they dont like coming 2nd!
Apparently they have signed Hayden Cook, Matt Birthisel & Jarrod Roberts and are keeping Sonny Lindsay & Co.

Who is coaching Cardy as have heard they've thrown out Rolfe and appointed Ransome & Spicer?
Joey Wright & Ryan McCaig (Assistant Coach) have also signed for Cardy.

Dont right off Werrimull as they are in pretty good hands with Danny Thorton and are talking to some pretty handy players to replace those they have lost.

Pretty big call early on Golly but onething that i can guarentee is the Nangy & Meringur will b a distant last!!

just new to the area who are the good players and teams, l ve watched a couple of sfl games and have been told its between seniors and reserves quality

I think you would find every club in the millewa more than accomodating, a bit more of a relaxed/social environment than our afl neighbors

I think you would find every club in the millewa more than accomodating, a bit more of a relaxed/social environment than our afl neighbors
I reckon that the top four SFNL reserves teams would beat all the millewa sides. (controversial?? Do you think?? )
Many years ago a Millewa league rep side was beaten by a Ressy rep side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon that the top four SFNL reserves teams would beat all the millewa sides. (controversial?? Do you think?? )
pretty sure that was millewa vs sunraysia under 21s 1999. so one of my new mates just told me.

From what I seen in last years grand final and the games I seen in the sfl I would think the side werrimul had last year would have finished close to tge top 4 in the seniors not reserves!!

From what I seen in last years grand final and the games I seen in the sfl I would think the side werrimul had last year would have finished close to tge top 4 in the seniors not reserves!!

I agree, very handy side last year probably the only side that would push a SFL side wouldnt think cardy bambil or golly would have. someone correct me if im wrong but i do recall merbeins twos being beaten by cardy this year and meringur the year before.

would be interesting to see something like this in the future.

Many years ago a Millewa league rep side was beaten by a Ressy rep side.[/quote
I hear Werrimull to loose a fair few can see them struggling, gol gol wil not get beaten , Nangiloc and there never heard of coach will struggle to win a game, Nath lawson Courtney Moore and co to meringur will finish above Nangiloc, cardy to be handy will finish 3rd bambill to pick up late recruits and will finish 2nd. Also hear Jamie (fat) roberts to coach MILDURA ressies and half will walk apparently

Couldn't create a thread, so I'm just posting in this already made Millewa thread!!

My name is Michael Still, i'm a full forward who spent two seasons on Essendon's list, before heading to Werribee in the VFL, I played for West Adelaide Bloods last season. I played a season with them and kicked a few goals to top off a great year!

I have met the love of my life and she has since wanted to move home to Mildura with her family, so I decided to follow!! I may be looking for a team to play for, and stay committed too for the coming seasons. If I do decide to play footy here, I will sign for a two year contract to show that I am committed. I am willing to fit into an 'assistant coach' role, with my playing experience I feel that this may be wanted around here!

I am willing to speak to any clubs interested in some players! Also having talks with my mate who looks like he is moving down here aswell! A forward and a quick midfielder!!

Wanting to do a preseason ASAP to keep fit! (I know that clubs have just started!)

PM ME IF INTERESTED

(Copied from my post in the SFL thread)

Pretty quiet on here for the silly season lads!!
Whats news with Meringur? havent heard much apart from the lawsons heading there, they make a move every year to leave wenty but always end up back there..... werrimul lost a few, cardy picked up a couple, euston picked up steven denaro, might as well give him the medal now. lindsays body surely wont hold up golly looking a little seasoned need some young blood in there. nangi flying under the radar? Bambill still poaching from merbein from all reports?

whos coaching euston
Pretty quiet on here for the silly season lads!!
Whats news with Meringur? havent heard much apart from the lawsons heading there, they make a move every year to leave wenty but always end up back there..... werrimul lost a few, cardy picked up a couple, euston picked up steven denaro, might as well give him the medal now. lindsays body surely wont hold up golly looking a little seasoned need some young blood in there. nangi flying under the radar? Bambill still poaching from merbein from all reports?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back