AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks will be starting late November. Johnno and Downsey coaching again.

Heard some Hawks talking in the bar at Harrup Park. Going for 3 in a row, something the club has never done. Have the Hawks kept all their premiership players from this year ?

Heard some Hawks talking in the bar at Harrup Park. Going for 3 in a row, something the club has never done. Have the Hawks kept all their premiership players from this year ?

I bumped into a Hawks player the other day &'he said a few have retired & moved back interstate but no doubt they will land a heap of recruits as per years gone by.

Yeah things looking positive for the hawks, looks like we are holding onto the majority of our premiership team and are going to get a couple of former premiership players back for next season. Training starts next week.

Talking of poaching heard a rumor over the weekend that the magpies had offered Nathan Peters from the saints the senior coaching job. That wouldn't go down well with the saints.

Yeah Magpies offered Peters 10grand to coach but he knocked it back cos the Hawks prez offered him 15grand to be their assistant coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

according to the Aspley website , Austin Lucy has signed to play with them in Brisbane next year
He was only in &'out of Mackay for this year as part of his exercise science degree, didn't think he had that much of an impact last season but still a quality loss for the Hawks.

Signing this time of year means jack crackers, l heard Peters goes camping with a few of the Hawks players so it doesn't surprise me he would go there.
Saints will be dirty!

He doesn't like being accountable so will fit in well at the Hawks, handy player though.

Signing this time of year means jack crackers, l heard Peters goes camping with a few of the Hawks players so it doesn't surprise me he would go there.
Saints will be dirty!

He doesn't like being accountable so will fit in well at the Hawks, handy player though.

Hasn't signed, hasn't trained, last i heard was south cairns.

Our style of play has been good enough to deliver the last 2 premierships though!!

Hasn't signed, hasn't trained, last i heard was south cairns.

Our style of play has been good enough to deliver the last 2 premierships though!!

Haha I new I'd get a bite , good to see the
Prez sticking up for his club!

Hawks would be favourites to win their 3rd in a row from what I'm hearing.

I drove past Magpies training the other night & was good to see the goal posts are up on the new ground, looks smallish to me but apparent it's the same length as the MCG.

Haha I new I'd get a bite , good to see the
Prez sticking up for his club!

Hawks would be favourites to win their 3rd in a row from what I'm hearing.

I drove past Magpies training the other night & was good to see the goal posts are up on the new ground, looks smallish to me but apparent it's the same length as the MCG.

Looks good seeing AFL posts up at another ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back