Dayle Garlett - Overlooked

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, amazing, you saw the video and read the title, now start to believe....This kid is just what we need....

Interesting that (based on a couple of short videos, admittedly) his kicking seems to have become loopier and less penetrating over the past year.

Get used to it, remember how longy kicked the ball...This kid has the goods and he is destined to wear the number 13.......

I'd hope we give him a stupidly high number like 48 and leave 13 open as the carrot.

If he trains with us, impresses and then gets picked up by someone else I won't be very happy... almost expecting it...

If he is gone, who else would we look at? Steinberg?

I am spewing that Brent is leaving, happy that he is pro-longing his career an he will play senior footy at port, so it's the best for him.

It was nice having a mate play in the red and black, even though you view our supporters differently after sitting in the stands.

All that aside, I am excited that this kid can play.

But I hope he pulls his head in, as we need no Richard craniums at our club.

Culture brings success, I hope garlett embraces our culture and doesn't affect our culture similar to Andrew Lovett and other problem players prior.

We just weeded out reimers, now lets not go backwards.... Better people pulling in the one direction will bring more success than talented individuals pulling in different directions.

I'd hope we give him a stupidly high number like 48 and leave 13 open as the carrot.
I can see him in Rioli's 43...But I would just slot him straight into 13.......The kid has more skill than Longy at the same age, trust me I saw every game Longy played......Please let us have a Garlett Fletch cannot run down...

I can see him in Rioli's 43...But I would just slot him straight into 13.......The kid has more skill than Longy at the same age, trust me I saw every game Longy played......Please let us have a Garlett Fletch cannot run down...

Pig won't give up 43 for the world. I'm saying he should be forced to eat some humble pie before we start deifying him. His attitude thus far suggests he thinks he's God's gift to footy. IMO, the way he needs to be treated early in his career is a combination of tough love and close support. Let him know he's just one of 45 guys, but make sure he gets the mentoring he needs. If he commits all through 2013 and onwards, number 13 will be there waiting for him. Let's not give him anything on a silver platter just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pig won't give up 43 for the world. I'm saying he should be forced to eat some humble pie before we start deifying him. His attitude thus far suggests he thinks he's God's gift to footy. IMO, the way he needs to be treated early in his career is a combination of tough love and close support. Let him know he's just one of 45 guys, but make sure he gets the mentoring he needs. If he commits all through 2013 and onwards, number 13 will be there waiting for him. Let's not give him anything on a silver platter just yet.

productimage-picture-nathan-lovett-murray-22323_png_426x600_q85.png

Just became an even better investment for 2013.

Longy clearly...Legend....The only true fond memory I have of Lovett is Jake Carlisle...

Some of those demolitions of Carlton under Knights were fun.

A spot on our list is the greatest silver platter of all....Arise young Garlett....your destiny awaits....
Put him in Barry Besanko's #49, just put him in a red and black jumper!!!!!

Hang on...

49 was good enough for Hirdy to start in, good enough for this fella...

Some of those demolitions of Carlton under Knights were fun.
You're right, Lovett played some great footy for us, pity he finished as he did, at least we got something for him.....Was great to watch him run rings around the scum....That's another reason i want Dayle....We could have the good Garlett......

A spot on our list is the greatest silver platter of all....Arise young Garlett....your destiny awaits....
Put him in Barry Besanko's #49, just put him in a red and black jumper!!!!!

Hang on...

49 was good enough for Hirdy to start in, good enough for this fella...

I agree, I want him in the red and black. But I also want him to be a premiership player in the red and black, and IMO the way that can happen is if he gets some humility into him.

He gets far too much height on his kicks, especially his short kicks. No way known you can have that in the backline. Defenders need a flatter trajectory on their kicks to ensure they don't get intercepted.

longdaveyjetta he could play midfield if he had the tank. Long way from that though.

I think the more important thing is that every one of those kicks were weighted to perfection.

The problem with a lot of the young Noongars I see playing footy over here in the west is their ego's don't seem to match reality. A young indigenous boy in my sons U16's team has such a large inflated ego of himself that he thinks he doesn't have to train to get a game. Sad thing is this kid could be anything ( left footer dropping 60m+ bombs regularly and just can't be tackled ) if he just tossed the ego aside and trained hard and often but all the mentors just keep pissing in his pocket and its gone to his head.

Hope Garlett can pull his head in because he is very talented.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=149028
"It was a mistake that I made that got me kicked out, it was a bad choice that I made, but everything has been good since," Garlett says.​
"I definitely understand why [they ask me those questions]. I did mess up a fair bit, so I know why.​
"I understand why it happened and it made me want to fight for my footy even harder. I really wanted to let everybody know that I was going to change.​
"I'm doing much better now. I think I'm more switched on, which is good.​
"I reckon I have been able to show recruiters that I'm a better person on the field and off it."​
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=149028

Give the kid a chance. If he stuffs up once off field (as stated in his contract), piss him off. I'm sure Nat Rat will be his mentor, and getting him out of his current environment can only work in his and EFC favour. Well worth the risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back