The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 5 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
amare-stoudemire-not-helping-someone-up-gif.gif
At least Amare was smart enough to know that Battier would've flopped had he actually tried to help him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise that Amar'e can actually play basketball with Steve Nash (and Felton) right?

65 million in 3 seasons worth? 23-28 with him in the lineup and 23-9 without... if you can deal him, you do it

65 million in 3 seasons worth? 23-28 with him in the lineup and 23-9 without... if you can deal him, you do it
I'm not saying the Knicks shouldn't get rid of him. Felton and Amar'e actually ran the pick and roll together very well in late 2010 and early 2011 before the whole Melo drama took over. Nash makes Amar'e very good and if the Lakers somehow get Amar'e and he stays healthy, he makes them better. Now that's not to say he's a better player than Gasol but he fits in with Nash and D'Antoni far better. If anyone doubts me, just go watch a Suns game from 2006-2010 with Nash and Amar'e.

Now that we've destroyed the Godcats, does anyone seriously still think we aren't the best in the west?

I'm not saying the Knicks shouldn't get rid of him. Felton and Amar'e actually ran the pick and roll together very well in late 2010 and early 2011 before the whole Melo drama took over. Nash makes Amar'e very good and if the Lakers somehow get Amar'e and he stays healthy, he makes them better. Now that's not to say he's a better player than Gasol but he fits in with Nash and D'Antoni far better. If anyone doubts me, just go watch a Suns game from 2006-2010 with Nash and Amar'e.

If the Lakers get Amare I dont see how he makes them better. They dont fit an MDA system now, they certainly won't with Amar'e. Sure the Suns were great back in the day, but they played Amar'e at the 5 and had great shooters. Replacing Pau with Amar'e doesnt solve their problems, tbh it just makes them worse.

Edit- just to clarify, if you have Dwight, you don't need Amare, there are far more glaring needs on the rost you can offload Pau to address

If the Lakers get Amare I dont see how he makes them better. They dont fit an MDA system now, they certainly won't with Amar'e. Sure the Suns were great back in the day, but they played Amar'e at the 5 and had great shooters. Replacing Pau with Amar'e doesnt solve their problems, tbh it just makes them worse.

Edit- just to clarify, if you have Dwight, you don't need Amare, there are far more glaring needs on the rost you can offload Pau to address
He fits in better than Gasol does. That's all I'm saying.

OMG you are right! we should base everything on those years

He's had a bad run with injuries but he can definitely still do what he did in Phoenix when given the chance and when healthy. Gasol isn't exactly worth keeping if D'Antoni can't find a way to use him.

Speaking of teams that need bigs...... trade Amar'e to Boston :D*

*yes i am aware that chicago are currently rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back