Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha that would drive me crazy.

What about the blokes who take 10 minutes to line up 2ft putts (plum bobs, looks at it from every angle) and then misses it. Rinse and repeat.

how about pricks who hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, putt, putt and go 8 for 1?

lol!

got 36 balls for a watery course tomorrow. wont worry about strokes, just lost balls.

https://www.facebook.com/AnnabelRolleyGolf

seen her on the golf show. very tidy sort
558243_286857738088900_8662260_n.jpg

yeah, you could say that.

Was going to get a set of Cleveland CG16 Tour Irons 3-PW off global golf last night. Excellent Conditon for $345 with Shipping.

if you are shooting high 70s to low 80s but you want to shoot more consistent scores you would be absolutely mad to buy new clubs without getting fitted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone use AFL Club golf bags? Are they any good?

I guess it would be just like any golf bag I suppose. Just all depends what you want out of it really.

I guess it would be just like any golf bag I suppose. Just all depends what you want out of it really.
Really just don't want it to tear apart I guess. Being new to the game im not sure how all these things hold up.

You won't have any issues with the bag, I've had mine for about 5-6 years (just a syntheitic maxfli bag) and it still looks brand new. As long as you use a pull buggy/cart it'll be fine. Maybe a plastic cover if you play in the rain a bit but apart from that you'll be fine.

Would i want steel shafts or graphite shafts?

Graphite shafts are so much more expensive, but i do like the extra bit of flex and "whip" they have compared to steel shafts.

Also what are some cheap sites to get good quality clubs, still looking at a set, my game is getting a lot better playing 5 s**t clubs including putter and driver.

Graphite shafts are so much more expensive, but i do like the extra bit of flex and "whip" they have compared to steel shafts.

Also what are some cheap sites to get good quality clubs, still looking at a set, my game is getting a lot better playing 5 s**t clubs including putter and driver.

http://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/

Some good deals here.

A male with a reasonably quick swing speed should always go steel shafts I've been told from pro's, the guys at ray drummond, etc. Graphite shafts are basically for women or old men who struggle to generate enough swing speed themselves, hence needing that little bit of extra "whip".

Make sure you get yourself fitted for your new clubs correctly, then you can go looking online. My brother recently bought a couple of wedges and a 5 wood from http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/discount-golf-clubs.html and they look fine/showed up on time.

Just brought my first proper set of clubs, cant wait for them to arrive! Took a while to put together, 4 different online shops

Callaway Razr Black driver
Callaway Razr Black fairway wood
Callaway X Hl Hybrid
Ping G20 4 to PW
Cleveland CG15 Tour Zip satin chrome SW
Odyssey white ice 2 ball putter

Just brought my first proper set of clubs, cant wait for them to arrive! Took a while to put together, 4 different online shops

Callaway X Hl Hybrid
Ping G20 4 to PW

Nice Set
Tried those clubs. The G20 Irons are great. Anybody can use them heard of Pro's on the tour using them and people new to the game. The Cleveland CG15 wedges are great and cheap.

When you hear of pros playing this and that and you go into a shop and buy the 'same clubs' it's not the case.

pros play with customized clubs that are not really anything like the ones you buy from a golf store.

Callaway X Hl Hybrid
Ping G20 4 to PW
Not a fan of Callaway at all, but G20's are okay for the mid-high handicapper.

Odessey make decent putters as well. Not a fan of the 2 ball putters, but i have a Oddesey Black Series and it does the job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back