Wellcome to WCE Brant Colledge. Adam Carter & Mark Hutchings

The more I look over our picks, the happier I am with Colledge and Carter! Think we've done really well there.

I was very harsh on Hutchings, but I don't want to turn on our own players, so I'll cut him some slack. I suppose he adds ready made depth, which can't be a bad thing!

Well done Vosso and co.
I think we've done very very well this offseason considering the "flippers" that pitched our way. ;)

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
I dunno, I guess I always saw him as fitting into the 'too good for WAFL but not up to AFL' level. He's obviously a hard worker and gets plenty of the ball, skills could use a bit of improving but as an inside mid that isn't the biggest problem in the world. Think he has a bit more pace than I credit him for so all in all he probably will add better depth than Swift and Stevens.

Don't forget he is the same age as Stevens and younger than Swift, and he's s**t all over them for output at WAFL level. :p

And yep, his skills are average but not atrocious from what I can see. A 2.83 is very quick over 20m, and a phenomonal increase from his previous 3.10.

LordHaart

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
We've played him as a key forward before though

If he didn't really feature as a forward last year with Kennedy, LeCras and Nicoski out of the forward line, I'd imagine that we wouldn't see him there this year in all likelihood.

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Didn't he get injured for the part of the year?

Lycett - twice during the year - knee , missed probably 12 weeks all up

Adam Carter was a promising fast baller in the Aust junior 16s team but went footy after suffering bowling related stress fractures in his back , also suffered Swine Flu in a cricket tour to Deli and spent a week in isolation in a Hospital in a paddock . Looks a good get Carter for WCE especially as we were interested in Carter as a Mini draft pick last year ( it was runoured we were talking to him last year , re mini draft ) . Pick 59 is good .

Goldfish

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
West Coast
Lycett - twice during the year - knee , missed probably 12 weeks all up

Adam Carter was a promising fast baller in the Aust junior 16s team but went footy after suffering bowling related stress fractures in his back , also suffered Swine Flu in a cricket tour to Deli and spent a week in isolation in a Hospital in a paddock . Looks a good get Carter for WCE especially as we were interested in Carter as a Mini draft pick last year ( it was runoured we were talking to him last year , re mini draft ) . Pick 59 is good .
I see what you did there...
images

INSANE

Club Legend
Jan 28, 2009
deranged
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arjen Robben
Realistically who looks most likely to get the call this year, Fraser, Colledge or McMuffin?

My tips fraser

I think Fraser too. Watching his NAB and his televised WAFL games I noticed he just keeps leading over and over, great work-rate. If his Perth teammates had any idea how to deliver a ball he'd have kicked a lot more goals. Can take a mark on the lead, in a pack, or one out and is good on the ground.

No contest Fraser>>>>Colledge/McGovern.

erbenz

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
^ Correct me if I'm wrong I think Fraser had some dominant aerial games but struggled to convert... Would that be fair to say?

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
^ Correct me if I'm wrong I think Fraser had some dominant aerial games but struggled to convert... Would that be fair to say?

Not unless he's kicking them out on the full.

He's strongest pack mark of the three, but gets the least marks of the lot. Which suggests he's playing a little deeper than the other two and Perth can get the ball to him.

erbenz

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Not unless he's kicking them out on the full.

He's strongest pack mark of the three, but gets the least marks of the lot. Which suggests he's playing a little deeper than the other two and Perth can get the ball to him.

Yeah, that's what I meant (The shanking of goal shots).

Thanks for the figures too, kane249.

It would be interesting to see a comparison between McGovern and Fraser based on the amount of forward 50 delivery that each received.

Double the Fist

i wull eet yur fayce karnt
Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
Back