tumblr_lc3ykj9PYf1qa1xnko1_500.gif

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
Hey guys anyone here know of any good UFO doco's that you can recommend??

Well, best place to start would be aborigonal dreaming stories. then if you study whats known of the DNA of some of this island ancient inhabitants, those stories become more relevant. Then if you cross the indian ocean and see some of the more moderate docos on ancient egyptians and extra terrerstial clues, you'll see things add up to stories here. In fact you'll find similarities with ancient greek references to aliens.

But the black fella DNA is mindboggling. thousands and thousands of years ago they bred with someones DNA, thousands and thousands of years old from a large population, at that time. Possibly a completly different specie and if you understand mythology, after a war with possibly nuclear weapons.

woopedazz

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
I quite like docos that discuss UFOs/paranormal and then completely debunk them. Haven't ever watched one that supports the notion for very long though.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
I can give you one that is so bad it's good. Ancient Aliens.

That is a scholarly and well researched treatise compared with the Nazi UFO Conspiracy which gets a run on the war channel once a month. Would be a top name for a band or album

UFO Hunters wasn't too bad. 3 guys would investigate different topics each episode, sometimes they'd interview absolute wackos but would also get the credible witnesses like passenger airline pilots or cops. 3 guys, one a scientist and a skeptic, another who was more moderate and, fatally for the show, an older guy who was an absolute nutcase, believed anything.

One ep they climbed a mountain so they could get a view of Area 51. They mustn't have heard of google maps!

They also had some....entertaining eps about Giant UFOs and USOs (submerged)!

Avoid another series "Chasing UFOs" like the plague.

I've watched everyone of them, I reckon.There is so much crap out there.

'Out of the Blue' is decent. Jamie Foxx made it off memory.

If you can get hold of it, the Walt Disney produced doco (supposedly to soften us plebs up for disclosure) is also interesting.

There's a very good French one too. Can't remember its name though.

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
There's a good one from 1996 called "Where are all the UFO's" which is narrated by Michael Dorn and pretty much shows that UFO's are nothing more than Mass Hysteria and even gives an interesting explanation for those alien abduction stories.

It tells how the phenomenon is comparable to mankind's fears about witches and demons in the past and it began after the infamous 'War of the Worlds" radio broadcast by Orson Welles in the 30's and was fuelled by cold war paranoia of the 50's.

It is an interesting take on it.

Theres a good doco on the UFO that was spotted Victoria at South Clayton school back in the 60s.

No footage but interviews with people who saw it in their later years. They saw SOMETHING, they appear legit.

Its called, Westall 66: A suburban UFO Mystery.

Worth watching especially if you are a skeptic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westall_UFO

There's a good one from 1996 called "Where are all the UFO's" which is narrated by Michael Dorn and pretty much shows that UFO's are nothing more than Mass Hysteria and even gives an interesting explanation for those alien abduction stories.

It tells how the phenomenon is comparable to mankind's fears about witches and demons in the past and it began after the infamous 'War of the Worlds" radio broadcast by Orson Welles in the 30's and was fuelled by cold war paranoia of the 50's.

It is an interesting take on it.

Cultural tracking. What people see and how they visualise it is informed by the culture of the times. All of those UFOs from the 50s were quite ornate in a Cadillac kind of way. There's little doubt, in my mind at least, that this is a huge influence in what people report they see. Jacques Valle amongst others has written about it too.

Theres a good doco on the UFO that was spotted Victoria at South Clayton school back in the 60s.

No footage but interviews with people who saw it in their later years. They saw SOMETHING, they appear legit.

Its called, Westall 66: A suburban UFO Mystery.

Worth watching especially if you are a skeptic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westall_UFO

A very good friend of mine grew up in the area - the UFO incident was before his time though. Anyway, his uncle was there that day - not at the school - but nearby. He saw strange things he can't explain. It's a very interesting case.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Hey guys anyone here know of any good UFO doco's that you can recommend??

Check out one caqlled "I Know What I Saw" - I've seen a tonne and this is probably the best one I've seen, has a bunch of people from different credible fields (cops, air force pilots, airline & military pilots, astronauts, mayors, other government reps etc) all detailing their experiences with witnessing UFO's. Came about following a press conference a group of them held which was broadcast on one of the US cable news networks.

I love the Ancient Aliens series as well though some of the episodes are horrible. One of the best ones though was from season 4 earlier this year and was about Puma Punku in South America.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
New doco on Netflix - Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers. Some of you may know his story, I'd sort of forgotten about him as it had been so long since I'd heard of him but some recent digging around by a filmmaker has helped support Lazar's original claims so he's come out to give air to what is an undeniably interesting story. Make of it what you will but I'm a believer.

He just did a podcast with Rogan which is also fascinating af.

New doco on Netflix - Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers. Some of you may know his story, I'd sort of forgotten about him as it had been so long since I'd heard of him but some recent digging around by a filmmaker has helped support Lazar's original claims so he's come out to give air to what is an undeniably interesting story. Make of it what you will but I'm a believer.

He just did a podcast with Rogan which is also fascinating af.

i listened to this over the weekend, awesome podcast.

I watched the first half an hour of the doco last night

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Back