Australian music

Remove this Banner Ad

But Wild Beasts are rad.

Tame Impala would comfortably be my favourite Australian band. I dig them immensely.

Otherwise Nick Cave is my favourite Australian songwriter (Liddiard probably second) and I like a handful of Australian bands.

I have always had a soft spot for Eddy Current Suppression Ring. I love their DIY sound. I think The Jezebels are pretty cool as well; write cool lyrics and come up with genuinely interesting arrangements.

The Middle East came up with one impressive Ep then made a mediocre first album and disbanded.

This Is Your Captain Speaking, Sleepmakeswaves and Laura are all really cool post-rock acts. I've seen all quite a few times and they sound so good in a live setting.

Bands like Children Collide and British India bore me.

This. A lot of people here not realising that every era prior to today looks like a golden one solely because at.

That will always be the case. I think it has a lot more to do with the music that inspires you during your formative years. For me, that period of the late 80s and early 90s will forever be the golden years. I was in my late teens, early twenties and I look back at some of the gigs at The Old Greek Theatre (Cosmic Psychos, Mudhoney, Seminal Rats, Butthole Surfers), Sarah Sands, Punters Clube etc. as some of the best.
Now I'm middle-aged, set in my tastes and

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These guys are Aussie:

They are great.

Also Boy & Bear:

But basically if you go on Triple J Unearthed you can find the best Aussie bands. Some are crap but some are very good.

Plus these guys, The Seekers, were heaps popular in the 1960s both here in Australia and internationally:

can anyone here post a clip (either video or song only) of chris wilson doing "born under a bad sign" if there is one in existence,have searched high and low and come up with donuts :(
Hey muttley45,

If you listen to Max Crawdaddy's show on RRR every Thursday, he opens with this song every week. 10pm Thursday, Son of Crawdaddy

Hey muttley45,

If you listen to Max Crawdaddy's show on RRR every Thursday, he opens with this song every week. 10pm Thursday, Son of Crawdaddy
cheers,i have been listening to max for years,just want to get hold of that song,i think it is on a 5 track promo cd for 3JJJ live at the wireless called alimony blues,but strange there is no video anywhere of this classic

The best Aussie band I have seen in ages (actually probably the best live Aussie band since The Powder Monkeys) is Bitter Sweet Kicks. Not sure if Hipster J are playing them though, as that would mean I would have to listen to it.
Some other great bands doing the rounds I have seen are Vice Grip Pussies, Beat Disease, Valentiine and Mesa Cosa.

The best Aussie band I have seen in ages (actually probably the best live Aussie band since The Powder Monkeys) is Bitter Sweet Kicks. Not sure if Hipster J are playing them though, as that would mean I would have to listen to it.
Some other great bands doing the rounds I have seen are Vice Grip Pussies, Beat Disease, Valentiine and Mesa Cosa.
Yeah JJJ plays Bitter Sweet Kicks. Well at least the do on the Unearthed Digital station but i've heard them on the Aus Music Show as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back