Arsenal FC: Out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

Born losers? They win a major trophy at least every ten years. One of the most consistently succesful clubs in the UK and the biggest in London...they also make an absolute fortune from their stadium, they wont be down for long.

If the board had any balls amongst them he'd be gone in the morning. Time and time again he sent out kid XI's and that was his excuse for going out in the QF & SF of the Carling Cup and that it would be good experience for the kids. Well this morning that wasnt the case, and of those apparent kids who would take the club to the next step apart from Wilshere and to some extent Ramsey where are they?

Too much of a boys club in the board room, and they are slipping further and further away from the top 3

Here are some of the kids that were blooded in the cups when the money wasn’t spent.

Anthony Stokes, Arturo Lupoli, Kerrea Gilbert, Djourou, Justin & Gavin Hoyte, Seb Larsson, Denilson, Aliadiere, Matthew Connolly, Armand Traore, Fabianski, Mark Randall, Henri Lansbury, Fran Merida, Nacer Barazite, Carlos Vela, Amaury Bischoff, Mannone, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Frimpong, Giles Sunu, Sanchez Watt, Rhys Murphy

All of these kids where blooded at the expense of having a dip at the cup and Arsene time and time again said it would leave Arsenal in a better place. While at the same time 3 or 4 captains where sold and gate revenue hit all time highs.

20u8nkj.jpg

Looks at his eyes, I think he might have been crying just before the post-match interview.

What? You guys lost to Bradford? WTF?

Wow... well it's not even really a football club anymore, it's more of a money making business. With their resources they should be a heck lot better than they are

Plus Wenger's been more of a businessman than football manager recently, completely lacking in ambition and just going through the motions. The exodus of players over the past few years kinda tell ya something. He will probably do the right thing and walk at the end of the season though

Arsenal should throw lots of dirty cash at Pep, think he'll seriously entertain the idea

Arsenal were in a similar bad state last year and you ended up comfortably finishing third. Plus you are still in the last 16 of the Champions league which us and city would give up a lot for. Not exactly all doom and gloom.

Arsenal were in a similar bad state last year and you ended up comfortably finishing third. Plus you are still in the last 16 of the Champions league which us and city would give up a lot for. Not exactly all doom and gloom.

Arsenal last season had RVP to turn to in order to get us out of this state. Who are we turning to this season? Gervinho? LOL. Giroud and Podolski aren't there yet in terms of impact and it may be a little while before they do get there.

Having said that, I think a win/win would be Wenger going to PSG and Guardiola to Arsenal. I'd like to see how Wenger goes when given money, plus I heard a couple of murmurs about it, and Guardiola would love this challenge I reckon. And furthermore, we get him now, with January just around the corner, maybe a couple from Barca would entertain the thought of receiving his tutelage again...

Getting Wilshere, Arteta and Cazola to string some games together will help. But they need to spend some money to get going.

If they lose Sanga and Walcott though... massive trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Wilshere, Arteta and Cazola to string some games together will help. But they need to spend some money to get going.

If they lose Sanga and Walcott though... massive trouble.

Sagna will hurt.

Theo ... nah.

My team hasn't won a trophy in over 17 years and I wasn't alive in the 80's to experience the glory days. I was also way too young to remember 1995. How do you think I feel? I've also only seen my team make the CL play-offs.

Quit whinging FFS. I'd love to see my team in the CL every year and be old enough to remember my team's last trophy.

You guys also have 13 League titles, that is 4 more than us.

Feel sorry for them. Are a good club but they just have no money. They have been overtaken by City who aren't a good club but they have a shitload of money not to mention Chelsea who are just a more advanced version of City

They have plenty of money. They'd just rather it goes into shareholders pocket than the team.

Arsenal choose not to compete with the likes of City.

This is just ridiculous. Wenger has made this club self-sufficient, self-regenerating and one of the top clubs in Europe. Now their fans have become soft and entitled like Carlton supporters. Fans are so mercenary these days they're not happy unless some biillionaire comes in, fills the club with debt and/or makes the club wholly reliant on their cash to survive - and effectively buys them trophies.

I hope Daniel Levy follows the Arsenal path with the prudent fiscal policy and consolidation of club finances and on/off field power. As the West Ham fan earlier said: you don't know you're alive...

This is just ridiculous. Wenger has made this club self-sufficient, self-regenerating and one of the top clubs in Europe. Now their fans have become soft and entitled like Carlton supporters. Fans are so mercenary these days they're not happy unless some biillionaire comes in, fills the club with debt and/or makes the club wholly reliant on their cash to survive - and effectively buys them trophies.

I hope Daniel Levy follows the Arsenal path with the prudent fiscal policy and consolidation of club finances and on/off field power. As the West Ham fan earlier said: you don't know you're alive...

I don't think thats the case. Whether you've got no money at the bottom end of the table or are minted at the top all supporters want is a bit of hope that the club is working toward winning things.

I don't think Arsenal offers that hope, and I don't think it would take a billionaire and a load of debt to make it the case. Remember Arsenal fans pay one of the highest ticket prices around, they should be able to expect that their club values success over dividends.

Everton, I made it and I support the club, this is no troll thread.

Wenger is living on past glories. He has done nothing in the last seven years. I never said I wanted a billionaire to take over, I want us to be competitive again and use the money everyone knows we have and go out and spend it on world class players that would make Arsenal a force once again.

Their financial policies aren't exactly prudent and fiscally responsible though, they're making a heck lot of money but not a lot of it goes into helping the squad win things. Shareholders pocket it

Read this on another forum, echoes my thoughts exactly

Look Arsenal have been mentally weak now for many years when the heat is turned on or when the game doesn't suit. Keeping going on about these current players doesn't cut it. They were mentally weak 6 years ago with different players, they are mentally weak today. I see that you are trying to put the blame solely on Kroenke and Gazidis. That's just plain wrong. Arsenal had the same problems and issues long before those two turned up. There has only been one constant figure at the club throughout these years of the team showing these weaknesses and it's the manager.

And before anyone says he's done a great job in finishing fourth in the league every season or if he is lucky third just fvcking get a grip. The team finished 19 points from the top last season and that points gap will probably be extended even more this season. The chasm is massive from Arsenal's position and the top of the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back