Current Rye bashing resulting in tragic death *Man Charged*

Remove this Banner Ad

What about those clowns down in Rye? Some young bloke is dead and I bet it was all over nothing.

Spent NYE in Rye once it was just ****ed up, everyone standing around with no where to go so get pissed and agro, every couple of years someone gets down on NYE down that way and it's just likely to be random. Rye's a nice place but not on NYE.

They've charged an 18 year old with manslaughter arising from the Rye incident.

Such a tragic, stupid incident.

The guy charged - and I'm getting this from mates in the press - is a young bloke who thinks he hard. Might have been at high school, but not where he's going to spend the next 8 years.

Stupid ****

And the poor family who has lost a son. Just so tragic.

Such a tragic, stupid incident.

The guy charged - and I'm getting this from mates in the press - is a young bloke who thinks he hard. Might have been at high school, but not where he's going to spend the next 8 years.

Stupid ****

And the poor family who has lost a son. Just so tragic.
It is a tradegy but I doubt he will get a long sentence let alone be in a violent prison.

But having never been in prison or exposed to a prison environment I can't comment on how cozy/threating it can be. Can only go from what I've seen in the media and hear that prison are more boring than stressful or violent like the "old days".

It is a tradegy but I doubt he will get a long sentence let alone be in a violent prison.

But having never been in prison or exposed to a prison environment I can't comment on how cozy/threating it can be. Can only go from what I've seen in the media and hear that prison are more boring than stressful or violent like the "old days".

Well, I think he can expect around 8 years in prison. Or at least a sentence of that length.

18 years old?

The courts will place a significant emphasis on making sure the boy doesn't become institutionalized.

Maybe. Significant political and societal pressure over incidents like this though.

18 years old?

The courts will place a significant emphasis on making sure the boy doesn't become institutionalized.

Thats going to be up to the victorian OPP to see what they have the guts to push for. They push for anything under manslaughter and it's an invite for a soft sentence. This one clrarly needs a thread of it's own now you'd think, running hot over the glassing.

He's been charged with multiple counts of causing injury, along with the manslaughter. Now that his name has been released, I'm sure the court of Facebook will already be in session.

Him and his "group" sound like a pack of real w***ers. We're all sick of hearing of these attacks. If what's reported is true (i.e. attacked a group of people for their own satisfaction) then they should really make an example out of this dolt - he's ruined countless lifes.

Him and his "group" sound like a pack of real Moos. We're all sick of hearing of these attacks. If what's reported is true (i.e. attacked a group of people for their own satisfaction) then they should really make an example out of this dolt - he's ruined countless lifes.

This simplistic approach won't contribute anything towards stopping this from occurring again.

Society needs to address this issue at a deeper level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't say it was murder. Putting him away will however stop him whacking people in the street. Happy for other methods to be engaged to assist in changing the violent mindset in some young people but my view is that offenders guilty of crimes like these need to be doing time. Hard time.

Where did you hear the comment 'that's what we're here for'?

Do you honestly believe that this was premeditated murder?

I'd prefer the resources to go to stopping this from occurring again.

Do you honestly believe scum like this guy don't go out looking for someone to belt? It's what he was there for as he said. Whether he meant to kill him or not shouldn't matter. He repeatedly tried to start a fight and eventually killed the bloke. People (even stupid people) need to be forced to take responsibility for their actions.

Maximum sentence for manslaughter is 20 years and he deserves at least 10 (won't get it obviously). David Cassai's family have received a much longer sentence than this piece of s**t ever will.

Resources absolutely need to go to preventing these acts, but not instead of punishing those who've already committed the crime.

Do you honestly believe scum like this guy don't go out looking for someone to belt? It's what he was there for as he said. Whether he meant to kill him or not shouldn't matter. He repeatedly tried to start a fight and eventually killed the bloke. People (even stupid people) need to be forced to take responsibility for their actions.

I don't "honestly" know, but experience has taught me to avoid the tabloid media if I do want to "honestly" know all the relative facts.

Resources absolutely need to go to preventing these acts, but not instead of punishing those who've already committed the crime.

I'm not claiming that he shouldn't be punished, I claimed that if faced with a choice in utilising resources, I would choose to invest in avoiding a repeat scenario. Our culture played a role in what that kid did, but somehow this never seems to get addressed.

I'd assume that he is a very impressionable young dick head who has been influenced by the distorted flippant attitude to violence (Hello, Underbelly!) displayed in the same media outlets that are now selling advertising off the back off sensationalising this tragedy. I have little doubt that he set out to chin someone on the basis of appearing as a hard man in front of his mates and is now shattered by the immense pain he has now brought in to the lives of others, including his own family, the harsh reality of spending the golden years of his youth in a 10 x 10 concrete cell, and the rest of his life with the haunting face of a dead man on his conscience.

I don't "honestly" know, but experience has taught me to avoid the tabloid media if I do want to "honestly" know all the relative facts.

I'm not claiming that he shouldn't be punished, I claimed that if faced with a choice in utilising resources, I would choose to invest in avoiding a repeat scenario. Our culture played a role in what that kid did, but somehow this never seems to get addressed.

I'd assume that he is a very impressionable young dick head who has been influenced by the distorted flippant attitude to violence (Hello, Underbelly!) displayed in the same media outlets that are now selling advertising off the back off sensationalising this tragedy. I have little doubt that he set out to chin someone on the basis of appearing as a hard man in front of his mates and is now shattered by the immense pain he has now brought in to the lives of others, including his own family, the harsh reality of spending the golden years of his youth in a 10 x 10 concrete cell, and the rest of his life with the haunting face of a dead man on his conscience.
Cool wall of text

The kid has only himself to blame, hardly society fault he CHOSE to be a violent dickhead. Myself abd many other had had poor upbringing/bad role models and haven't turned into violent wannabe thug like this kid.

And he won't spend the rest of his days in a cell, he will a maximum of 3 years with good behaviour bond as the courts theses days hardly go hard on violent incidents like this one.

Our culture played a role in what that kid did, but somehow this never seems to get addressed.

Australia was founded on crime - sure there were a number of convicts who were sent here for spurious reasons (eg: stealing a loaf of bread to feed starving family etc.) but there were also no doubt a number of murderers, thugs and rapists who for various reasons managed to escape the gallows for crimes more serious than the ones they were shipped out here for. How do you expect to shift 220+ years of sympathy for scumbags when it is so ingrained into our psyche? We are still enamoured with the Ned Kelly story, the Squizzy Taylor story and they're what? 80-100+ years ago? Our culture even still champions "tall poppy syndrome" when it seems like one of the hoi polloi gets an idea that they are above their station, which can be translated as "MAAAAATE YOUR (sic) JUST A PIECE OF s**t LIKE THE REST OF US DONT (sic) GET TO (sic) BIG FOR YER BRITCHES". This Dylan Closter kid is just another product of that same old s**t.

Cultural change will only happen when it comes from somewhere external to descendants of "old" Anglo-Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back