Solved The Original Night Stalker/East Area Rapist

Remove this Banner Ad

I've listened to it a couple of times, I get nothing, no chills, no nightmares.

I've listened to it a couple of times, I get nothing, no chills, no nightmares.
That's a relief, I thought I must just be really disturbed that I slept like a baby after I listened to it, no doubt it's completely ****ed up, but I slept just fine.

Well Im a card carrying wuss. Back in the day there was a period of time where I would get weird heavy breathing/whispering phone calls late at night - but only when my housemate wasn't there..I'm pretty sure it wasn't her! I'm a bit sensitive to "I will kill you" being whispered at me :p

Good link^^^, lots more clues given in those youtube vids, a few different sketches, the jacket clue, the belt buckle, but I think the main clue that seems to have been missed is the night he shot and killed the Maggiores, I didn't realise that Brian Maggiore was a military cop, they were just out walking their dog and happened to see this guy and confronted him, is there a possibility that Brian Maggiore recognised the EAR, why else would he chase them both and basically execute them?, especially the wife, as she was shot second, maybe Brian Maggiore mentioned the EAR by name. This also ties in with the suspected military training with which he is said to have, Santa Barbara is near Vandenberg AFB, the OC murders are close to San Diego, which is another large military installation. Not sure why he was in Sacramento as afaik there is no military connection, although it has a large government employee population, could have been based there as a military cop protecting the State Government, which is based in Sacramento.
Fascinated that of all the cops working on the case and all the crimes he committed that they don't even have a suspect, seems they have missed something simple, even down to the fact he rode bycicles a lot from crime scenes, was he involved in bike riding clubs or a competition rider.

Just listened to it at work with heaps of people around. I was going to listen to it late one night but then read some of the warnings...glad i didnt. Chilling.

The recording has had no affect on me whatsoever...?

I think on it's own it doesn't, but if you put it in context after reading it's very creepy. Particularly after it was a number of years after the crime. I think he managed to track down victims after they moved and had silent numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes you wonder where the dog worked.
As soon as I read that I though "Police", maybe intelligence. I read another theory he might be in the forces which also makes sense - he tracks his past victims down (part of the fun, sort of like a normal person's crossword or Sudoku) and then taunts them.

- There was a town hall meeting where the police gave information on how to avoid being a victim. One guy stood up and was acting the hero, saying he didn't believe the guy was so scarey and that he'd kill him if he ever tried to come to his house. The EAR was at the meeting, followed the guy home and a few nights later broke into his house, tied him up and raped his wife. There are some pictures of the town hall meetings but it didnt lead anywhere
They should check the cops present that night.

Facts: The early attacks had a strong real estate connection. Houses for sale or recently sold. The main focus of the investigation was interview and profiling every real estate agent who fit the criteria.

Fast foward almost 10 years... the last known murder victim of the EAR, her house was for sale. In fact her dead body was found by her real estate agent.

The later attacks / murders had a strong medical connection. Victims who worked in a hospital, had recently been to hospital, or in the case of one victim, her husband was in hospital for a short over night stay while she was murdered.

Police: He knew so much about avoiding the police it is impossible he either wasn't a cop, or had a very close connection in the police force

Drug dealers: A witness reported the license plate of a suspicious vehicle hanging around at the time of one attack. When the cops traced the license plate they found the car belonged to a small time local drug dealing criminal........... Who had been murdered a few weeks before :O

A woman not too far from my house was sexually assaulted by an intruder early on the morning a few weeks ago, and they haven't caught him. Shouldn't have watched the posted documentary....

Guys back in the news in California.

The LA magazine is taking a shot at solving the mystery again http://www.lamag.com/killer/

Two articles have stated either that investigators think this guy could still be alive or in the case of this radio station

http://www.scpr.org/programs/airtalk/2013/02/27/30692/la-magazine-hunting-the-golden-state-killer/

Police believe he is still alive and not yet caught.

If the latter line is accurate and not radio hyperbole do some of the detectives actually think they might have a clue just never been able to have a reason to run a dna test because there has never been evidence or has been too well protected.

The photo fit pics are of two different people, thats part of the problem, could be a copycat as well involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back