What are Australia's most chilling crimes?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to call bullshit on that.

There are protection wings in prisons. Usually inhabited by rock spiders and people who can't pay their prison drug debts. When rock spiders are outed for being in the general prison population there are always people who will bash them. There's always junkies who only think of themselves, others who just want to do their time, and then there's the ones who will slam a rock spider's head inside a prison door.

You don't know what the **** you are talking about.

This is true, in Victoria anyway. They never even make it into general population. Straight into a protection unit with other like minded people where they can all swap stories.

Mate, I used to see them all when they'd come in for visits. Mothers are probably the worst.

Look up what Luke Gill did. Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth according to his mother. I'm not sure how much you'll can find on the web about what he did, but I've read pretty graphic details. The speculation amongst officers of what he'd done was bad enough, what it turned out that he actually did was horrifying.

Who are these people, seriously?

"Oi mate, do you mind tying me up and burning off me fingertips for me? Cheers."

Who are these people, seriously?

"Oi mate, do you mind tying me up and burning off me fingertips for me? Cheers."

Nah, did it himself on the bbq then had sex with his missus. To give her credit, iirc, she's the one that put him in.

Pretty rare, they usually stick with them thick and thin.

The Greenough Family Massacre has got to be the worst crime in Australias' history.

This guy drove up to the family's property in Greenough and was greeted by Karens' son Daniel. He hacked the Daniel to death with an axe and then went inside the house. He then turned his axe to Karen, and then went into the bathroom. He found some cream he could use as lubricant, returned to Karens' corpse and raped her after she was dead.

He then walked into the little girls room and murdered them. Police won't release anything else on the matter- apparently what he did to those little girls before/after the murder was sickening...

My mum was doing TAFE with Karen at the time she was murdered, she didn't show up for class that day... Apparently a lovely women.

This absolute piece so s**t is still alive today and is due for release in 2013.

Makes me wonder how someone can do this to another human being? What if Karen or her daughters were your mother, sister, wife, daughters?

CurbStomp.gif

I'm going to call bullshit on that.

There are protection wings in prisons. Usually inhabited by rock spiders and people who can't pay their prison drug debts. When rock spiders are outed for being in the general prison population there are always people who will bash them. There's always junkies who only think of themselves, others who just want to do their time, and then there's the ones who will slam a rock spider's head inside a prison door.

You don't know what the **** you are talking about.
In the face of such incontrovertible evidence of nothing, I'll have to ignore you.

Wasn't there talk at the time that Dante Arthurs was actually one of the Bulger killers, living out here on his new identity? Some dots were connected and some similarities drawn, I remember.

It was denied, I guess they'd deny it regardless, but nothing ever came of it so I assume it was BS.

Wasn't there talk at the time that Dante Arthurs was actually one of the Bulger killers, living out here on his new identity? Some dots were connected and some similarities drawn, I remember.

It was denied, I guess they'd deny it regardless, but nothing ever came of it so I assume it was BS.
It was BS.

In 1966, Keith Ryrie ****ed a five year-old to death. He served his time and has been released into the community.

In the late 1970s, Alex Tsakmakis murdered a runner called Walker, over a dispute about the sale of a vintage car. Walker sold the car to Tsakmakis and was never paid. He made the mistake of harassing Tsakmakis's family. After considerable research of the tides and currents at Point Lonsdale, Tsakmakis ended up having Walker at his mercy at a factory in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. He tied Walker up with chicken wire, weighted down his body and used a block and tackle to lift Walker's body into a boat. He then towed the boat to Point Lonsdale and tipped Walker's body out of the boat. At this stage, Walker was still alive.

It has been alleged Tsakmakis was responsible for at least seven other murders. He was convicted of the murder of Walker. He escaped conviction for the other seven murders because there was no consistent modus operandi in them. He was an opportunistic murderer and an unremmitingly evil man. He once murdered three people whom he'd robbed of diamonds, because they would have been able to identify him, not because they refused to co-operate with his armed robbery.

To fund his defence in the Walker case, he left his girlfriend at a pizza place in South Yarra and went to rob a Hawthorn Tattslotto agancy. Once again, the two elderly proprietors co-operated, but he had them lie on the floor behind the counter, so he could lean over and shoot both of them in the head. Fortunately, they both survived. Tsakmakis went back to South Yarra and resumed his pizza with his girlfriend. This occured on the day before his trial for Walker's murder commenced.

The highlight of his career was definitely his eighth murder, that of Barry Quinn, in 'H' Division in Pentridge. Quinn had been convicted of complicity in a murder arising out of an armed robbery at the Car-O-Tel Motel in St Kilda. Quinn made some comment about Tsakmakis's girlfriend being raped. The next day, Tsakmakis sprayed Quinn with a plastic squeeze bottle filled with accelerant. He then sat back and flicked matches he'd joined together in batches of six (with a rubber band) at Quinn until he set him alight. Quinn died because he inhaled deeply at the shock of catching fire and the flames destroyed his oesophagus. It took him 12 hours to die. It was alleged that Tsakmakis played 'Light My Fire' on the guitar, as Quinn burned. Tsakmakis was convicted of this crime.

Craig 'Slim' Minogue, the Russell St bomber, murdered Tsakmakis in the late 80s, when they were both in Pentridge. Because he wanted to be the 'top dog' and main drug dealer in the gaol, Tsakmakis was threatening to kill Minogue, who was serving a thirty-year sentence. Craig couldn't afford to have somebody trying to kill him for that long. Life would have been impossible. For this reason, he belted Tsakmakis over the head with a pillow case filled with lifting weights, smashing his skull.

Tsakmakis's was a very small funeral. There were no mourners.

Craig Minogue should be able to apply for parole soon, he got his PhD in applied ethics, human and social services recently. Clearly far too late to help Tsakmakis ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alexander 'Sandy' McRae killed at least 5 people. He was being assessed by a visiting psychologist for suitability to do an Anger Management course or Violent Offenders course. When he declined the psychologist is believed to have said
' but you killed 5 people surely that indicates a violent nature'
''nah that was business''

IIRC, weren't his rape charges dropped? If yes, WHY?

....I thought he raped at least one of those girls in the dunes.

God, they were lucky, thank god those fishermen were there to help them. Had they not been, or the girls had ran the other direction, this creep would've got away and probably done it again somewhere else...

....and at his age, I'm tipping he has done this sort of stuff before and if it's a tourist, we wouldn't even know about it. Hope they are looking into missing people from years past.

I really like this thread. Sounds very creepy saying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cairns women butchering 8 kids has to be up there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairns_child_killings

Pity people do not care as much when a parent murders their own kids compared to someone else's. If she goes to a school with a gun while of "unsound mind" and shoots 8 kids dead do you really think the public would accept the ruling.

Look at Bryant.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant
Psychological and psychiatric assessments[edit]
Descriptions of Bryant's behaviour as an adolescent show that he continued to be disturbed and outlined the possibility of an intellectual disability. He was revealed to be borderline mentally disabled, with an I.Q. of 66,[4] equivalent to an 11-year-old. Further testing following his arrest indicated a verbal I.Q. of 64 and non-verbal reasoning and cognitive functioning of 68, giving a full scale I.Q. of 66, an age equivalent of 11 years in the 10th percentile (90% of 11-year-olds would score higher).

On leaving school Bryant was assessed for a disability pension by a psychiatrist who wrote: "Cannot read or write. Does a bit of gardening and watches TV... Only his parents' efforts prevent further deterioration. Could be schizophrenic and parents face a bleak future with him." Bryant received a disability pension, though he also worked as a handyman and gardener.[5]

While incarcerated (pre guilty plea) Bryant was examined by court-appointed psychiatrist Ian Sale, who diagnosed Bryant with Asperger syndrome. Psychiatrist Paul Mullen, hired at the request of Bryant's legal counsel, also examined Bryant. He found that Bryant was socially and intellectually impaired, but did not display signs of schizophrenia or a mood disorder. Mullen disagreed with Sale's analysis of Bryant; Sale believed that Bryant showed a combination of conduct disorder and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Mullen concluded "Though Mr. Bryant was clearly a distressed and disturbed young man, he was not mentally ill."[3]

It seems a lot of these disturbed mind rulings go opposite ways depending on whether the murder victim was a random compared to a family member.

It seems a lot of these disturbed mind rulings go opposite ways depending on whether the murder victim was a random compared to a family member.
Or the killer is male or female

There are other threads for the argument surrounding these crimes :(

what are Australia's most chilling crimes.....?
snow town murders body's in barrels at snowtown
the granny killer
the backpacks murders
the moorhouse horrors
the Anita cobby murder
and the gangland killings

some pretty sick and chillings crimes right there l know its a bit morbid but what do you think are Australia's most chillings crimes....?

Elmer Crawford - (Crawford family murders) is by far the most chilling for me as he has never been seen or heard from since. It still sends shivers down me thinking about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back