Religious players in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I think evo bought Tim Tebow's Toyota Prius back in the 80s in Denver.

we know evo is religious. he also put a deposit down on TT's evangelical doctrine. Its like a bootleg after a play action on the astroturf, but sectarion v secular. ;)

Bronco's ftw, God, ftw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow

tim-tebow-tebowing1_crop_exact.jpg

120109045741-tebow-kneel-story-top.jpg

Hey! it was John Elway and it was a hoopty mobile!

T-bowing isn't fit to lick the great man's boots.

hoopty 298 up, 128 down

In reference to cars: a vehicle in poor condition, often large, boatlike, and aided by duct tape or bungee cords. Comes in two flavors, White Trash and Black Ghetto. See also: hoopty mobile.
Oh my god, check out the chick in that hoopty!

Hey! it was John Elway and it was a hoopty mobile!

T-bowing isn't fit to lick the great man's boots.

hehehe :D

dont be a hater. God is his leftback offensive linesman. whose got your back? :p

the last time I saw or was interested in football, jerome bettis was still called the bus, a melbourne footballer played for the steelers did not he, and there were no shootings at highschools. (whoops, conflating san diego with pittsburgh)

As soon as a player kisses his cross or crosses himself or kneels to the east I'll take an interest in having all religious symbolism removed from the field.
Until then I care less than nought about the religious beliefs of every human being who ever pulled on a footy boot to play Aussie Rules..

Haven't read most of the thread, but I could care less if the Swallows or Shaun Hart were Christians. Houli's example is a positive as it encourages Muslims to embrace Aussie Rules.

It's when religion curtail critical thought that I worry.

a lot of athiests in this thread telling people what they should and should'nt believe :rolleyes:
Well, it's not like the religious have ever damned atheists and non-believers to hell, I guess. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Swallow, like his brother, is also a Christian.
A little more specific than that. The Swallow brothers are both members of the very weird Pentecostal (avoid this branch of faith) PLANETSHAKERS that do have a grooming youth focus. I think A is a little less fervent than D these days

This threads going well

Since when were Catholics not Christians?
Catholics ARE or course Christians but when applying Socratic logic, many other branches or Christianity fail a few Catholic tests, and even though under Pope JP2 the Vatican permitted our faith to recognise Coptic baptisms in permission or "approved" marriages, this does not work in reverse. Matter shmatter anyway, no AFL player who agrees to play on a Sunday would be considered a Christian by the word of God (especially a Pentecostal interpretation!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back