Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just been announced in the March edition of Game Informer. No release date but it will be coming out on next gen consoles and PC.

w32_zpsacfaa6a8.png

World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim’s D:
30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
Geralt’s Memory is restored
No chapters/acts
Dude is DONE fighting for everyone else
Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
Coming out on “all top-of-the-line” consoles

More info here: http://gamingeverything.com/39177/witcher-3-confirmed-is-next-gen-featured-in-game-informer/

FGMPR

Club Legend
Aug 24, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
More news here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511690

Some highlights from "INDIGO CYCLOPS's" GAF OP (copy/pasted - none of this is my writing):

World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's, says development team. [Tentative, obviously]

30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback

New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)

Geralt's Memory is restored

No chapters/acts

Dude is ******* DONE fighting for everyone else

Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters

Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.

So it's saying that they had to change up their design philosophy when developing TW3, due to the open world structure. So NARRATIVE comes in three forms:

Lowest level = free form activities like crafting, monster slaying (seems to be much more extensive this time around) and questing.

Next level = Political situation of Nilfgaardian invastion is resolved through a core plotline for each area. These areas? -> Skellige, Novigrad and No Mans Land!

Final level = Geralt's main plot line, his search for his loved ones, and the chase of the Wild Hunt.

Sounds like a lot of interwoven plotlines, decision making. You can skip things if you really want, but there will be consequences to your actions if you do so.

So more about the monster hunting:

Clues build up information (like a Bestiary perhaps?)
Books garner information about monsters
Townsfolk provide information
Potions and such are important
Time of day and other conditions affect where monsters appear, and their abilities

[Some combat info]

Critical strikes in areas that matter depending on how much you learn about said monster
You can disable a vampires poisoning attack by hitting its venom gland (Vampires are poisonous?) or skewer BOTH ITS HEARTS with a thrust attack (instant kill)
Monsters drop loot like unobtainable alchemical and crafting ingredients for unique potion, mutagen and item crafting.
Provides income as well

Enemy AI completely rebuilt, scripted bosses out
Environmental combat 'contributions' (a dozen types of interactive objects)
---> Wasp hive irritated using Aard

Magical signs retooled
Igni = new flamethrower effect
The magic tree advancement allows secondary sign forms = ie. Igni and a 360-degree blast
Yrden = small trap can be modified into a larger field that slows any enemy

Other trees, Swordsmanship and Alchemy
New strikes under Swordsmanship, boosts like improved stamina and parrying
Mutation mechanic under a different development path
Not much information given about Alchemy path, other than it being based on potions

Horse could be used to access long term stash, as well as Inns
Team aware of frustrations of inventory management in The Witcher
Committed to a less tedious process

Crafting critical to maximize Geralts potential, but weapons and armor can be found in many ways
Players can customize their crafted weapons with some components, ie, monster scales for leather in armor

Each armor piece has unique appearance, new cloth simulation tech.
Barber is in from the get go. Dyeing hair is OUT OF QUESTION, White Wolf.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've professed my love for this series many times on this board. The idea of marrying an Elder Scrolls size world with a narrative focus similar to CDPR's previous Witcher game is true next-gen stuff, imo. A distinct evolution for the genre and a real challenger to Bethesda's all conquering TES series (in sales that is, quality wise they accomplished that with TW 1).

Valentino Dmitri

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2008
69 Bosoms Lane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Rokeby GP Dancesquad
Sounds promising enough. Obviously won't happen, but I'd like to play a witcher game without, er, the witcher. just can't get behind geralt. won't stop me having a crack at part 3 one way or another though. very nice traditional fantasy world, fun to play in.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ending of 2 was very dissappointing. Needs a better story. And less action in combat. Realy disliked all this stuff like "quick time event" they did to add action to the game, but only creating annoyance. But really like the feel of the world, the emphasis on mature audience and most story elements.

Played number 2 on PC and thought it was great apart from the controls which I found a bit clunky (admittedly, I'm used to playing RPGs on consoles). Hope 3 is awesome

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Still haven't played 2 as I cbf turning on my xbox.

It's wasted on the Xbox anyway.
The only way to play it is PC.

Just been announced in the March edition of Game Informer. No release date but it will be coming out on next gen consoles and PC.

More info here: http://gamingeverything.com/39177/witcher-3-confirmed-is-next-gen-featured-in-game-informer/

It's going to be difficult to pull off the open world in this type of lore but I think it will be worth it.
The previous games felt like they were missing open expanses.

"There won't be any arm-wrestling in the new game. Aw! But also… okay, that's fine actually."
http://kotaku.com/everything-ive-learned-about-the-witcher-3-468670725

Never really understood how to arm wrestle properly anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this generation as well I believe.

Good form, certainly a way to get it out there - hopefully the game won't suffer from being developed on multiple platforms.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Not sure if i'll be getting this on PC or PS4.

Redengine3 should still be a lot better than Redengine1 and for that reason i doubt the either console especially the Xbone is going to get anywhere near running this on ultra at 60fps, Redengine1 was poorly optimized but it's going to be time for a new GPU. :mad:

Back