Welcome New (and old) BigFooty Cats supporters - introduce yourself here!

Joined Big Footy to learn more about AFL and esp our magnificent Boy Cats. I 'try' to have an open mind and do consider others' opinions, from which, I wish to learn. I suppose my point is, I'm happy for guidance from ppl on the Geelong Board and if I'm wrong, appreciate assistance correcting incorrect factual stuff I say, and enjoy constructive discussions about the game, players, coaches and opinions etc.

I go to games, Club functions, interstate games and enjoy catching up with friends I've met through Geelong Cats, in Geelong, Melbourne and interstate. I hope to move to Geelong Surf Coast and wish to establish a group of friends when I eventually move from Sydney.

Although I joined Big Footy in 2010, just started commenting and hope to broaden my knowledge and circle of Geelong friends.

Cheers
Kitty :)

Cattery

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Joined Big Footy to learn more about AFL and esp our magnificent Boy Cats. I 'try' to have an open mind and do consider others' opinions, from which, I wish to learn. I suppose my point is, I'm happy for guidance from ppl on the Geelong Board and if I'm wrong, appreciate assistance correcting incorrect factual stuff I say, and enjoy constructive discussions about the game, players, coaches and opinions etc.

I go to games, Club functions, interstate games and enjoy catching up with friends I've met through Geelong Cats, in Geelong, Melbourne and interstate. I hope to move to Geelong Surf Coast and wish to establish a group of friends when I eventually move from Sydney.

Although I joined Big Footy in 2010, just started commenting and hope to broaden my knowledge and circle of Geelong friends.

Cheers
Kitty :)

Realise you've been a member here since 2010, but welcome aboard just the same Kitty.

From reading some of your posts I don't think you'll need much guidance, made a lot of good points in the NAB Cup thread. :thumbsu:

From reading some of your posts I don't think you'll need much guidance, made a lot of good points in the NAB Cup thread. :thumbsu:
Well, to be fair, she had plenty of attempts. :p

Now, can she work out the best approach to achieve equality in the AFL?

Who the hell is Trapper?

If you think you're isolated in Sydney - try living in Atlanta!

Call your Hotlanta and raise you a LA...;)

Go Catters

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Who the hell is Trapper?

trapper.gif

I can help you out with guidance, navigating Geelong KittyAilurophile. I generally charge less for Geelong supporters, so $50 an hour is money well spent. I will show you every pub and club in Geelong, and even let you shout me all day and night, then i'll chaperone you to the most exquisite cuisine menus on the surf coast, and let you watch me eat the finest foods at your expense.;) I await further reply at your convenience, and look forward to the forthcoming arrangement.:thumbsu:

Realise you've been a member here since 2010, but welcome aboard just the same Kitty.

Gosh Cattery, thank you for that *blushes* but there is always a lot more for me to learn :) Yes, been a member for a while, but only began commenting last year, and haven't spent much time in Big Footy. Thanks for your encouragement :)

Who the hell is Trapper?

If you think you're isolated in Sydney - try living in Atlanta!

GMTA Copernicus! Atlanta hey? I had an Aunty in Maryland and she used to watch AFL! But agree, Atlanta is way more isolated than Sydney :)

I can help you out with guidance, navigating Geelong KittyAilurophile. I generally charge less for Geelong supporters, so $50 an hour is money well spent. I will show you every pub and club in Geelong, and even let you shout me all day and night, then i'll chaperone you to the most exquisite cuisine menus on the surf coast, and let you watch me eat the finest foods at your expense.;) I await further reply at your convenience, and look forward to the forthcoming arrangement.:thumbsu:

Sounds like a plan MD lol I usually stay at the Sheraton Four Points and have been know to frequent Lingy's Edge and Billy's Pub! Always looking to find new watering holes!

Speaking of which, wonder what will replace Lamby's Shed when the new Players Stand is finished?

I have been wanting to start an 'introductions' thread for a while. This could be it...

I like to introduce myself when meeting new ppl, and get to know them. Perhaps you might be kind enough to each tell me a little about yourselves, if you'd like :)

Sounds like a plan MD lol I usually stay at the Sheraton Four Points and have been know to frequent Lingy's Edge and Billy's Pub! Always looking to find new watering holes!

Speaking of which, wonder what will replace Lamby's Shed when the new Players Stand is finished?
Welcome on board Kitty (be it a few years later on)
Fairly sure the club has come out an said there will be something similar to Lambys shed set up after the new stand has been completed so don't worry too much there;)

Hi Kitty, as a Geelong supporter living in Sydney, did you watch the grand final and who where you hoping would win?
Of course I watched the GF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I devour every single game of AFL I can!
Well I supported Sydney, cause my 90 y.o. mum is a Swans fan, we used to go to every Swans game! Plus I absolutely despise the Poos+ Wees, with a passion! I think I'd support any other team to beat them, except the Wiggles, who tie with Hawks for my hatred lol Probably not what most Victorians would have wanted ;) So Sydney Swans all the way! Was delighted Melbourne won the League GF!!! It was sooooooo good to shut the NSW NRL's right up!
How about you - Sydney or Poos+Wees?

Jun 13, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Hi Kitty, as a Geelong supporter living in Sydney, did you watch the grand final and who where you hoping would win?

I am a Geelong supporter living in Sydney and went to watch the GF at the Alexandria Hotel. Had to line up for 2 hours to get in, but the atmosphere was awesome and the pub, a big one, was packed (but still easy to get drinks). Needless to say, as a Geelong supporter, I was very much on the Sydney bandwagon. It was an awesome day.

I first met my GF, a Sydney gal, in March 2009. Since then she has seen the 2009 and 2011 Geelong grand final wins which we went down to Geelong for, and the 2012 Sydney win, which we were in Sydney for. Then we watched the 2010 GF on TV, which was a thrilling draw. She has been lucky! We now go to the GWS games together, but she still has a love of the Cats as her second team.

Back