Welcome New (and old) BigFooty Cats supporters - introduce yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

GMTA Copernicus! Atlanta hey? I had an Aunty in Maryland and she used to watch AFL! But agree, Atlanta is way more isolated than Sydney :)

Great place to be if you like football of the American variety, anyway. I don't mind it but nothing beats watching with the rest of the ferals down at Kardinia Park.

My sentiments EXACTLY. To even contemplate barracking for them lot... I'd be HIGHLY SURPRISED if any Cat fans went for Hawthorn last year. The 'Victorian' thing was null and void as far as that was concerned.

Exactly Sicko.. the w***er / Dickhead conversion sheet is 3 to 1 against maintaining the Victorian thing... and the Hawks w***er Dickhead meter was off the charts....( Les and Buddylebo excused) It was Swannies all the way....

Go Catters

My sentiments EXACTLY. To even contemplate barracking for them lot... I'd be HIGHLY SURPRISED if any Cat fans went for Hawthorn last year. The 'Victorian' thing was null and void as far as that was concerned.
I'm sure I read a few Hawk supporter's posting on BF who couldn't believe the amount of support Sydney were receiving leading into the GF, especially in Melbourne.

I'm happy to go on record as saying - the only reason I went for Sydney was because of Hawthorn's massive band of flog-supporters.

Of course I watched the GF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I devour every single game of AFL I can!
Well I supported Sydney, cause my 90 y.o. mum is a Swans fan, we used to go to every Swans game! Plus I absolutely despise the Poos+ Wees, with a passion! I think I'd support any other team to beat them, except the Wiggles, who tie with Hawks for my hatred lol Probably not what most Victorians would have wanted ;) So Sydney Swans all the way! Was delighted Melbourne won the League GF!!! It was sooooooo good to shut the NSW NRL's right up!
How about you - Sydney or Poos+Wees?
Bad luck boys looks like Pussy Galore aka KittyA is in my age bracket,now rack off and give me room.:D

Have met a few; great blokes. (Partridge, Sttew, P.O.)
Think it could be an interesting get together if us nostalgics, ie >50 yo, managed to do so. But I'm not ageist. Still trying to coax my 19yo son to join BF. Very reticent. Tells me to get a life.
Smart kid.

Back in the day meet-up before/after games used to be pretty common with Geelong Board posters. Looks like someone might have to organise a revival.
I'll happily organise a get together at one of the matches, any takers?

I used to meet ppl at Lamby's Tent, but what will replace it when the new Players Stand is completed?

I propose those who wish to get together meet at our first night game at Kitty Park

Round 10 - Saturday 1 June 2013 - 7:40pm - Geelong Cats v Gold Coast Sun

It seems a long way off but who's in?

Sounds like a plan MD lol I usually stay at the Sheraton Four Points and have been know to frequent Lingy's Edge and Billy's Pub! Always looking to find new watering holes!

Speaking of which, wonder what will replace Lamby's Shed when the new Players Stand is finished?

I contacted the club and asked if there would be a Lamby's tent or something similar post game at K"Park so that people could have a drink at the ground without having to go into the gaming room.

The replay was:
Thanks for your email.

There is a bar situated behind the new Players’ stand, in a similar location to the Lamby’s bar of past years.

There will be something similar post game as pervious years; however, we are still working out the details of where and how long etc. We will make sure we communicate this at the game.

Thanks and GO CATS!

Julia O'Keeffe Events Coordinator
Geelong Cats

Had to laugh at the spelling slip. "Pervious years"
Originally posted at http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/simonds-stadium-stage-3-redevelopment.717900/page-22

I contacted the club and asked if there would be a Lamby's tent or something similar post game at K"Park so that people could have a drink at the ground without having to go into the gaming room.

The replay was:
Thanks for your email.

There is a bar situated behind the new Players’ stand, in a similar location to the Lamby’s bar of past years.

There will be something similar post game as pervious years; however, we are still working out the details of where and how long etc. We will make sure we communicate this at the game.

Thanks and GO CATS!

Geelong Cats

Originally posted at http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/simonds-stadium-stage-3-redevelopment.717900/page-22
Anything at the Grace McKellar Centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The replay was:
Thanks for your email.

Thanks and GO CATS!

Geelong Cats

Thanks Rabbi, will look forward to hearing what and where our new watering hole will be :)

Anything at the Grace McKellar Centre.
YPO, what is the Grace McKellar Centre?

I'll happily organise a get together at one of the matches, any takers?

I used to meet ppl at Lamby's Tent, but what will replace it when the new Players Stand is completed?

I propose those who wish to get together meet at our first night game at Kitty Park

Im thinking of making the trip from Perth for this one, should be an awesome night.

I'm guessing it will be below 0 that night down in Geelong, so I'm RSVPing...... no.

Welcome to the board. :thumbsu:

most previous meet ups were before mcg/jihad games organised by such luminaries as shell and ninty.

Yet we still havent met the one, the only D. Forssman, no matter how many we organise.

hahahahaha....maybe, maybe not. i am very shy and reserved so for me to turn up was a lot for me.

i spoke to artist, mdk, bdp and i think maybe partridge and a few others who arent here anymore.

Me too... i remember being scared of BDP when I first met him, lol. That fear quickly turned into something else when he said he thought i'd be "butch". :rolleyes:

Ah the memories...

Me too... i remember being scared of BDP when I first met him, lol. That fear quickly turned into something else when he said he thought i'd be "butch". :rolleyes:

Ah the memories...

i find that hard to believe...you're not shy, you love these social gatherings.

i remember walking past bdp after the prelim game with ttc and ttc was so drunk he starts calling out bdp...i was thinking, oh no, clobbered by fellow bf posters. good times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back