Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I probably should have let it go through to the keeper. I was under the impression that you were just trolling for a bite.
I could do the same with your club if I knew who you played for, its easy to snipe under the protection of a big footy alias.

Lets say for arguments sake you are correct, and he isn't getting that. Not good for him then to be selling himself to his old club, thats the reason he is going don't you think?

Lets say for arguments sake you are correct, and he isn't getting that. Not good for him then to be selling himself to his old club, thats the reason he is going don't you think?

I know exactly who gets what at our club.
You would have to ask Ben about what he has said to Hutchins, not really my concern.

What does it matter anyway if DOSA are giving him $500 or $5 a game? Isn't that their choice?

Well barge i agree, it is DOSA's business. But i'm also entitled to give an opinion on it????

Besides, unless Van TITSMAN has been signed as a coach, he can't be paid anything can he???

Former Brighton reserves coach Nathan Senior the new coach of Channel and I'm told took a dozen potential recruits down there for a look and a chat last week. Mind boggling numbers being thrown around!

Surely someone's got some OSFA goss in the two months since my last post?

Well it was announced last night that DOSA have signed Simon Wiggins for 6 games plus finals. Whilst I'll say well done on that signing, GEEZ they're desperate for a Premiership. Throwing so much $$$$ will eventually hurt you at some stage, and how much more have they got to throw around. Look at UNI when they spent up big a few years back and what it has done to them now.
I thought DOSA could win the Premiership already without Wiggins but this will make it a dirty win... BUT it 10years their Footy Club will be in the record books having won the flag in 2013 and no one will remember they bought their way to it.

Haven't got any news on Richmond at all.
Haven't heard anything from OHA since Britten signed as coach.
St Virgils are also quiet since Robinson and Hall signed up. Hall moving well at training after a year off.
Haven't heard a thing on UNI besides Joyce joining them.
Nothing else on Channel besdies what was on here earlier.

As for Hutchins. A few of their good players (Lister, Wilson, Kingston) are having a crack at training with Clarence which I think is great for them (as individuals ) to test themselves instead of hiding in Old Scholars at that young age (Fisher from DOSA should take a look at that - Gilmour did the right thing). If they get a game with Clarence great for them, if they don't it's a bonus for Hutchins as they'll be fitter, stronger and faster than before with all that solid training they would've done.

And finally. I hope the Wiggins deal goes well for DOSA and his inclusion in their finals side means one would to have miss out! Lets all hope that Van **** knob is that one that misses out on participating in finals again!! At least then most people could stomach a DOSA win a little easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for Hutchins. A few of their good players (Lister, Wilson, Kingston) are having a crack at training with Clarence which I think is great for them (as individuals ) to test themselves instead of hiding in Old Scholars at that young age (Fisher from DOSA should take a look at that - Gilmour did the right thing). .

No quiet right but, Fisher has played senior football at North Hobart since he was 18 and played over 50 senior games, closer to 100 games. Dont think there is to much wrong going down a level to learn the coaching caper! And Gilmour was drafted by Richmond, so him playing Old Scholars was going down a rung or 5 totally different situations

Well it was announced last night that DOSA have signed Simon Wiggins for 6 games plus finals. Whilst I'll say well done on that signing, GEEZ they're desperate for a Premiership. Throwing so much $$$$ will eventually hurt you at some stage, and how much more have they got to throw around. Look at UNI when they spent up big a few years back and what it has done to them now.
I thought DOSA could win the Premiership already without Wiggins but this will make it a dirty win... BUT it 10years their Footy Club will be in the record books having won the flag in 2013 and no one will remember they bought their way to it.

Haven't got any news on Richmond at all.
Haven't heard anything from OHA since Britten signed as coach.
St Virgils are also quiet since Robinson and Hall signed up. Hall moving well at training after a year off.
Haven't heard a thing on UNI besides Joyce joining them.
Nothing else on Channel besdies what was on here earlier.

As for Hutchins. A few of their good players (Lister, Wilson, Kingston) are having a crack at training with Clarence which I think is great for them (as individuals ) to test themselves instead of hiding in Old Scholars at that young age (Fisher from DOSA should take a look at that - Gilmour did the right thing). If they get a game with Clarence great for them, if they don't it's a bonus for Hutchins as they'll be fitter, stronger and faster than before with all that solid training they would've done.

And finally. I hope the Wiggins deal goes well for DOSA and his inclusion in their finals side means one would to have miss out! Lets all hope that Van **** knob is that one that misses out on participating in finals again!! At least then most people could stomach a DOSA win a little easier.

I suggest you get your facts right before posting. Did you ever think that Wiggo' being a Dominic old boy might want to come back home & play footy with his best mate who just happens to be playing with DOSA? And calling any win with him in the side as "dirty" is completely laughable. It's called good recruiting & clubs have been doing it for over 100 years. I don't understand why you think Fisher should go back to TSL to prove himself, he's played over 120 senior games with North Hobart & i don't think he's got anything to prove. And your remarks about Van Krannen are petty and vindictive. Are you the kind of person that cheers from the sidelines when someone you don't like ruptures his ACL or worse?

I suggest you get your facts right before posting. Did you ever think that Wiggo' being a Dominic old boy might want to come back home & play footy with his best mate who just happens to be playing with DOSA? And calling any win with him in the side as "dirty" is completely laughable. It's called good recruiting & clubs have been doing it for over 100 years. I don't understand why you think Fisher should go back to TSL to prove himself, he's played over 120 senior games with North Hobart & i don't think he's got anything to prove. And your remarks about Van Krannen are petty and vindictive. Are you the kind of person that cheers from the sidelines when someone you don't like ruptures his ACL or worse?

Well Frank-Ly, i don't believe any information placed on these forums are based around facts. Although it could be argued that DOSA did pay out some money last year they haven't in the past hoping that would get them a premiership. But failed.

Given clubs are only suppose to be paying a few player-coaches, what does Mr Wiggins fall under? He may be coming to play with a mate, which he's not he first player to do mind you, but i bet he still comes with a price tag attached that would be far above what other players in the comp are receiving? And i'm pretty confident of that and would put Spaceball 1 up against it.

Fisher never proved himself at TSL level, he may have proved potential, but that was it.

Fisher never proved himself at TSL level, he may have proved potential, but that was it.

I dont care who the player is, or what team you play for but..... over 100 senior games doesnt count as " proving yourself " I guess you have to play 300 games, win 10 premierships and win 8 best & fairest and represent Tasmania 15 times???

Well Frank-Ly, i don't believe any information placed on these forums are based around facts. Although it could be argued that DOSA did pay out some money last year they haven't in the past hoping that would get them a premiership. But failed.

Given clubs are only suppose to be paying a few player-coaches, what does Mr Wiggins fall under? He may be coming to play with a mate, which he's not he first player to do mind you, but i bet he still comes with a price tag attached that would be far above what other players in the comp are receiving? And i'm pretty confident of that and would put Spaceball 1 up against it.

Spaulding added him to the Devils squad in 08, made state squad 09. Copped a 3 match suspension for a bump on Andre Miar, no chance after that, but i suppose yoir still correct tho'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back