Game Day Round 1 - Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've already eaten my face and predicted that Williams will be top 8 in our B&F this year, how much more must I be shamed?
Until you've reached the level where we can attach the stone of shame.

Can't agree with some of that at all, Dannnnnnnnnnn :eek:. Smith is way more in and under than Stevens. I think I can even recall Koby saying he prefers playing outside, and used to do more of that earlier in his career, but he can do both.
Would put the vest on Stevens, personally. Higgins or Cooney if one of them play and still aren't right.
Stevens is a certainty to play, so is Smith.

Wood still not 100% fit, would give the vest to him. Him on fresh legs, would be good compared to others.

Hopefully him, Stringer and Higgins can get up for the game. That'll make our team look a whole lot stronger.

WUTTTTTT! YESSSSSSS oh and NOOOOOO at the same time boyd :(

In saying that, and yes this is massively underselling Boyd but it could be a bit of a blessing in disguise, it will give us a chance to see how the younger guys go without him and to see who steps up (IMO Wallis will have a massive game, calling it, seems like the kind of player who will step up when needed and fill that hole)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wood still not 100% fit, would give the vest to him. Him on fresh legs, would be good compared to others.

Hopefully him, Stringer and Higgins can get up for the game. That'll make our team look a whole lot stronger.
Wood still a week away according to the medical update video on the Dogs site.

Higgins, Cooney and Stringer all in full training and in contention to play.

Wood still a week away according to the medical update video on the Dogs site.

Higgins, Cooney and Stringer all in full training and in contention to play.
If we want a like-for-like replacement, who would we be looking at? The coaches seem to like Christian Howard, but it could open up a spot for Pearce, or maybe we won't play anyone extra on half back. Though I think with the amount of small forwards that Brisbane play, we need to play another small defender, where I think Pearce could be handy.

If we want a like-for-like replacement, who would we be looking at? The coaches seem to like Christian Howard, but it could open up a spot for Pearce, or maybe we won't play anyone extra on half back. Though I think with the amount of small forwards that Brisbane play, we need to play another small defender, where I think Pearce could be handy.
Howard isn't going for a spot on the half back flank anymore, as far as I can tell. Since the 2nd half of last year he's been developed on the wing.

I think we'll end up having Lower tag Rich and having Picken take that spot in the backline and put him on Zorko.

Howard isn't going for a spot on the half back flank anymore, as far as I can tell. Since the 2nd half of last year he's been developed on the wing.

I think we'll end up having Lower tag Rich and having Picken take that spot in the backline and put him on Zorko.
I reckon that Picken will take Rockliff, not Zorko - though I could easily see another player in the backline also play negatively on Zorko. Rockliff can be too dangerous if you leave him alone.

I reckon that Picken will take Rockliff, not Zorko - though I could easily see another player in the backline also play negatively on Zorko. Rockliff can be too dangerous if you leave him alone.
Rockliff will probably play mostly in the midfield though, and there's no way we'll tag two people in the midfield. Can't see us playing 3 players in negative roles either.

If we do in fact intend to play Lower as a tagger as it seems we do, I reckon this will happen.
Lower - Rich
Picken - Zorko

I really don't know how to line up this week, at least it shows we have pretty good depth at the moment.

Something like this for me though.

Morris Roughy Picken
Goodes Talia/Young* JJ
Griffen Libba Stevens
Murphy Jones Dickson
Dahlhaus Cordy Gia
Minson Smith Wallis
Cross Lower Higgins Stringer

*Talia if we think we need more stopping power on the big blokes and Young if we think we need more rebounding ability, not fussed here really.

Probably missing a few but I'm tired :p

I want Dahlhaus to play something like 75% forward 25% midfield, I think in the future he could become a good mid but at the moment he just looks so much more dangerous up forward, he also is one of the few players who look capable of kicking a few for us as well. Also with Cordy at FF he always makes sure to bring the ball to ground if he cant mark it (which lets be honest, at the moment is not very often) so we need him there at Cordys feet at every contest.

Gia to play the deep leading medium forward, again one of the more dangerous players in our forward line. With Murphy and Dickson the high half forwards and Jones the leading CHF, that forward line actually looks capable of kicking a score.

Gordan has said many times that we are trying to get a full house to the Brisbane game and even the players have been told to tweet #gatherthepack to build excitement and get as many people as we can to the game. 100's maybe even 1000's of tickets have been given away for free to the community to inflate our supporter base for the game.

With the odds drifting out to $3 dollars for us to win at home against an interstate club and our captain injured things do not look like they are going to plan.

What this does mean is that Stringer is a certainty to play if he's ankle is OK. The decision won't be Macca's on that selection.

What this does mean is that Stringer is a certainty to play if he's ankle is OK. The decision won't be Macca's on that selection.

If we have admin staff picking players ahead of coaching staff that have had 5 minutes of a preseason game, especially a player as important as Stringer to get a few extra people through the gate we might as well give up, that would be pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back