Oppo Camp The Kent Kingsley Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

With the opening round approaching, I was having some mental flashbacks to the Melbourne vs Port Adelaide game in Darwin last year.

Not only was it one of the worst quality games of AFL football I have ever seen, but I do remember a spud playing extremely well. Stewart.... Stewart... was it Paul Stewart? Was it Daniel Stewart? Who the **** can tell the difference? But alas, Striker had already beaten me to the punch...

That's correct ladies and gentleman, Paul Stewart had 15 possessions, 5 marks and kicked 5 goals straight last year against us.

He kicked 20 for the season, playing 21 games.

Paul Stewart, welcome to the society. Something tells me you will have a similar performance this week.

stewart_daniel_o.png

Yes Port supporters I realise that is Daniel Stewart, and to quote McBain - "That's the joke"

Sorry but wrong Stewart in the photo, that's Daniel :)

Sorry, just noticed the footnote :p

What about a sister thread of "guns who surprisingly don't dominate Melbourne"?

Jack Riewoldt is the first player to come to mind, but luckily full back is one of the few positions we have covered well on the ground.

We have our own version of this thread on the Port board. Thanks for delisting Bate and Petterd, both would be strong contenders for captaincy of our memorial 'spuds who play well against Port' all-time side.

Also, the reason Paul Stewart kicked so few goals last season is because he spent the first couple of months in defence. Just sayin'.
Bate is a donkey, but unfortunately Petterd can play

Bate is a donkey, but unfortunately Petterd can play

I was disappointed in Bate. I really thought he could make it as a midfielder. How wrong was I... ?

I was disappointed in Bate. I really thought he could make it as a midfielder. How wrong was I... ?
pissed off we didn't take the offer from the Dogs

Neeld must have had the same hope I did. We missed out big time.

Bate also missed out with a different opportunity to further his career unfortunately. But like you I had high hopes for him, always thought he had potential, but he just never seemed to progress from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Underrate Monfries at your own peril i say.

Never been a star but can play a few A grade games.

Exactly, he'll flourish at Port, when he's given a more attacking role he is generally quite good, check out his games for us when Watson went down in 2011, played some a grade games for sure!

Monfries isn't anywhere near as bad as the tag he has copped from supporters. He hasn't been averse to ducking over the journey but has been an honest footballer mostly besides that. He'll play some important roles/games for Port this year.

It makes a difference which team you're in though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back