Not open for further replies.

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree on Rischa/Brennan.

Their best football has always been in the midfield, put them back in there? Play the likes of a Swallow as a half forward perhaps?
Brennan, well - this version, could and should play in the middle or as a utility. Risha.... I reckon at his current form he isn't up to standard.

CQSUN

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Imo Brennan needs to be on 1 year contract from here on in. Seem like a dude that cant motivate himself, hopefully having to play for a new contract will help him find some consistency.

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Imo Brennan needs to be on 1 year contract from here on in. Seem like a dude that cant motivate himself, hopefully having to play for a new contract will help him find some consistency.
Seems like a guy struggling with depression. I think the stability may aid him. Long bow I'm drawing though.

adambrown

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah nah i'm not Armitage's biggest fan but don't wanna lose him. Anyone else?
I cant see the Saints trading their first round pick this year and i cant see Gold Coast wanting a second round pick when you have to cull the list again at seasons end and have 2 first round picks at your disposal.

Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Patriots/Colts
That would give us 4 picks in the top 25ish, we have to draft at least 3 anyway. May as well cut someone who won't be part of the future (Horsley/Gillbee) and take a punt on a young gun. :D

adambrown

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
That would give us 4 picks in the top 25ish, we have to draft at least 3 anyway. May as well cut someone who won't be part of the future (Horsley/Gillbee) and take a punt on a young gun. :D

Yeah right, going to be a force in the next few years the suns i think, might have to re-jig that offer can you throw in Prestia too please.

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
We've got a few players who are almost certainties to be on the trade table this year,unless drastic improvement occurs in the next 10 games.

Jarrad grant: 192cm 87kg, 23 years of age. 57 goals from 50 games. Tall utility who hasn't come on as we'd have expected. Can play as a leading forward, tall wingman and even a Medium/Tall defender. Is very fast, probably is in the top 5 for pace at the club. has had trouble putting any muscle on, therefore he's struggling with Macca's highly contested game plan.

Dylan Addison: 186cm 89kg, 25 years of age. 18 goals, 76 games. Formerly a HBF but last year was very effective as a defensive forward. Very contested player, macca loves him. has been injured for the first 4 rounds, but expect him to be back in the team soon. So brave, its scary.

Christian Howard: 185cm, 84kg, 22 years of age. 17 games, 3 goals. former first round pick who is another who hasn't done well with Macca's contested game plan. I like him as a player, has elite foot skills, isn't overly slow, although by no means has express pace, and has a massive tank. Is capable of playing HBF, wing and outside midfielder. Probably needs a fresh start.

Lukas Markovic: 193cm 96kg, 25 years of age. 25 games. Was a mature age recruit about 4 years ago, has been in and out of the side for various reasons, including form, injury and team balance. One of the coaches favourites and has a fantastic attitude. Great leader. Knocks on him are his pace and isn't overly tall for a gorilla defender.

Jason Tutt: 177cm, 80kg. 9 games and 8 goals. 21 years of age. Fast outside midfielder with a big tank and a penetrating kick, is a ball of muscle. Was critisised for his hardness, but to his credit has come back this year and hit the contest hard. wasn't afraid to tackle a bigger opponent. Was injured last year and lost opportunities that he certainly could have taken because of it.

Patrick Veszpremi: 182cm, 85kg. 22 games, 17 goals. 23 years of age. I love Patty as a player, and hate the fact the club wont give him a proper go. Has all the skills and ability in the world,just struggled a little with his tank and ability to run out games. This was partly due to the club trying to make him into a midfielder, when he is clearly a natural forward, which is what we lack. Is an excellent kick, knows where the goals are, and as stated before, is a natural footballer. Has improved his tank considerably, as evident by his VFL performances this year, in which he has tallied 37 disposals, 3 goals 5 behinds, before that was 18 disposals, 3 goals 2 behinds, and in the first round of the VFL, he snagged 1 goal,2 behinds and 18 disposals. Very good start by Patty.

Interested in any of these blokes? or does someone else on our list tickle your fancy...

adambrown

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would Tom Simpkin tickle your fancies? Seems to be out of favour would be a very handy 3rd tall option. I really like him but is behind Roberton, Fisher, Gwilt, Gilbert and Dempster atm.
He is also out of contract at seasons end.

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Honestly, I can't see us trading any players for anything other than an established high quality player.

yeah gotta agree there, we have a plethora of talent and high draft picks over the next couple of years. If anything the clubs on the slide should be offering up someone in their starting 18 who probably only have 3-4 years to go in their career. That would be my start from an oppositions perspective.

You can't hope to bundle trash to get a gold nugget.

Considering Tape, McKenzie, Gorringe, Bennell are out of the side at the moment and top talent's we will have quite a bit of depth once we start getting to that 70-100 game mark in the young fellas.

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So true. And that's when. We can really weed out the clutch big game guys and players who are bright and shiny from an opposition perspective who might have a really high trade value.

Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Patriots/Colts
We've got a few players who are almost certainties to be on the trade table this year,unless drastic improvement occurs in the next 10 games.

Jarrad grant: 192cm 87kg, 23 years of age. 57 goals from 50 games. Tall utility who hasn't come on as we'd have expected. Can play as a leading forward, tall wingman and even a Medium/Tall defender. Is very fast, probably is in the top 5 for pace at the club. has had trouble putting any muscle on, therefore he's struggling with Macca's highly contested game plan.

Dylan Addison: 186cm 89kg, 25 years of age. 18 goals, 76 games. Formerly a HBF but last year was very effective as a defensive forward. Very contested player, macca loves him. has been injured for the first 4 rounds, but expect him to be back in the team soon. So brave, its scary.

Christian Howard: 185cm, 84kg, 22 years of age. 17 games, 3 goals. former first round pick who is another who hasn't done well with Macca's contested game plan. I like him as a player, has elite foot skills, isn't overly slow, although by no means has express pace, and has a massive tank. Is capable of playing HBF, wing and outside midfielder. Probably needs a fresh start.

Lukas Markovic: 193cm 96kg, 25 years of age. 25 games. Was a mature age recruit about 4 years ago, has been in and out of the side for various reasons, including form, injury and team balance. One of the coaches favourites and has a fantastic attitude. Great leader. Knocks on him are his pace and isn't overly tall for a gorilla defender.

Jason Tutt: 177cm, 80kg. 9 games and 8 goals. 21 years of age. Fast outside midfielder with a big tank and a penetrating kick, is a ball of muscle. Was critisised for his hardness, but to his credit has come back this year and hit the contest hard. wasn't afraid to tackle a bigger opponent. Was injured last year and lost opportunities that he certainly could have taken because of it.

Patrick Veszpremi: 182cm, 85kg. 22 games, 17 goals. 23 years of age. I love Patty as a player, and hate the fact the club wont give him a proper go. Has all the skills and ability in the world,just struggled a little with his tank and ability to run out games. This was partly due to the club trying to make him into a midfielder, when he is clearly a natural forward, which is what we lack. Is an excellent kick, knows where the goals are, and as stated before, is a natural footballer. Has improved his tank considerably, as evident by his VFL performances this year, in which he has tallied 37 disposals, 3 goals 5 behinds, before that was 18 disposals, 3 goals 2 behinds, and in the first round of the VFL, he snagged 1 goal,2 behinds and 18 disposals. Very good start by Patty.

Interested in any of these blokes? or does someone else on our list tickle your fancy...

Only one I'm half interested in is Higgins. Dog's contemplating trading him at all?

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Only one I'm half interested in is Higgins. Dog's contemplating trading him at all?
Dogs supporters are certainly contemplating trading him, would love to. whether the club would let him go is another story. Bucket loads of potential there, but just can't get on the park and bloody use it. Was supposed to be our next captain and comparable to Brad Johnson, but hasn't gotten anywhere near there. We'd have a fairly steep asking price for him so that'd scare most clubs away. I'd imagine the club would be asking a pick between 12 and 20. No clubs would pay that, quite rightly and thats why he'll almost definately not be traded.

Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Patriots/Colts
We've got a pick at the bottom of the first round which could be interesting. Love Higgins kick, looks so good. could add some class coming out of the backline/midfield.

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
We've got a pick at the bottom of the first round which could be interesting. Love Higgins kick, looks so good. could add some class coming out of the backline/midfield.
Yeah, kicking is his major strength. Overhead mark is also very good. He really isn't bad at anything, with decent pace, a good tank and is good in contested situations. Played at half back when Eade was in his final years at the club and I loved him there. Class disposal can't be argued with. Thought he could have played the Luke Hodge role, but once again, injuries got the better of him and he was moved into the midfield when Macca got the job.

Wouldn't argue with a pick between 13 and 16 if you guys were willing to part with it.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
herald sun ran an article and mentioned adelaide and port adelaide are interested in gorry.

seems an unlikely move.

jacobs commands the #1 ruck role and majority ruck time and gorry wouldnt really fit in too well with that and port have 3 good young rucks. gorry could prove an eventual upgrade but dont see how having four ready rucks is enticing to gorry or works for port. also a risk if port have to give up something good for him then lose another ruck looking for more opportunity for not much value its pretty inefficient way to handle a list.

cant see port using their first round pick on something not a need, and not yet afl established. our pick would be top 15 maybe top ten. cant see our 2nd round pick satisfying gc who might get better offers from some melb teams who might have a mid-late teen pick if they can convince gorry to take their available number 1 ruck role.

what do you guys think? will he stay or seek opportunity elsewhere? can he put together some games and form for you guys before the end of the year?

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Has been injury plagued first couple years. Was a top pick so I expect more time invested into Gorringe.

I do expect Hinkley to nab someone though being familiar with our list and a good relationship had here.

Considering Hickey got us pick 12 I think it was? I would imagine somewhere around that mark again probably. But I stress I doubt he will be shopped round or want to go just yet

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
im not sure st kilda should be used as the measuring stick. they were shockingly generous last year. gorry is out of contract with not much exposed form. can understand gc wouldnt want to let him go lightly though. its why i think a trade for him from ports perspective is almost certainly unworkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back