AFL.com.au is a disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

This site is beyond a joke. Still having major problems with the smart replay, it still thinks I am out of Australia/NZ :mad: Also, there are no proper contact details on the website, only the ability to send an email query to Telstra Bigpond which I have done several days ago and have received no response.

This site is beyond a joke. Still having major problems with the smart replay, it still thinks I am out of Australia/NZ :mad: Also, there are no proper contact details on the website, only the ability to send an email query to Telstra Bigpond which I have done several days ago and have received no response.
This! I used the site two years ago to watch matches when I was working in Beijing. Now I'm in Melbourne and it's telling me I'm overseas.

This! I used the site two years ago to watch matches when I was working in Beijing. Now I'm in Melbourne and it's telling me I'm overseas.

Managed to get hold of an email address for the AFL and have sent in a complaint to them about this. Will post here if and when I get a response.

Is the site loading up old home pages for anyone else? Went in today and it had the possible ins for round 5 and a preview to the ANZAC game.

A workaround for the Smart Replay problem (where it thinks you are outside Australia/NZ) you can access the replay via the Fixtures & Results section (just go to the appropriate round and click on 'Replay' next to the match you want to watch). It will still give you the outside Australia rubbish if you try to do anything like go back to the small screen or whatever but at least you can go back in and start again. Seems to be OK to move to one new place at the start of the replay too with out giving you the error screen.

Thanks to a couple of posters on the Hawks board for this tip :thumbsu: :)

I can't get the audio to work tonight through the website... I usually give channel 7 one quarter on Saturday night before they've pissed me off sufficiently, and go with the radio stream/pause tv trick.

But tonight AFL.com has thwarted it.

The app seems to be working, but the delay on that is nearly 20 seconds, it's insane.

I have been streaming footy all day through triple m and 5aa websites. Haven't had to go through the useless AFL site. bliss

1. Audio never works for me.
2. The videos don't even bloody match up with the descriptions. Says Grimes injures shoulder, shows murphy kicking a goal. Other video was also wrong.
3. Advertisments for videos WILL NOT ALLOW you to close the window. Forces you to watch the add. * you!

Another thing that makes me unhappy is the change of the player list. The version before allows me to rank the players by different categories(eg. DOB, height, games played). In the current version, the list can only be ranked by the jumper number.
It's the club website issue, but from the same producer though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the "form" column on their ladder, showing the recent LLWLW record.

If only it showed the last five games of the season instead of the first five.

More quality work from Tesltra - I bookmarked Bigpond Sport as a back up for when the AFL site tells me I live in Kazakhstan - except every time I click on the bookmark it loads the bigpond banner with a completely empty page.

I bet the Amish have a better internet presence than Telstra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back