Official Match Thread Season 16 Round 10: West Coast Wonder vs Geelong Gumbies @ The Colosseum (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonders vs Gumbies
And here we are, the much anticipated clash between the top four sides the West Coast Wonders and the Geelong Gumbies; both teams sit at six wins and three losses this season, so this game is effectively an eight pointer with the winner jumping ahead in the race to grab a home final.

Charlie the Wonderdog has been working his special brand of magic down at Wonderland this season, with the Wonders having come off the absolute belting of the Baghdad Bombers last week to sit on top of the SFA S16 Ladder.

The Geelong Gumbies themselves have just come off a very convincing performance against a finals contender in the Alberton Swaprats at Alberton Oval, the performance all the more impressive considering the 'travel factor' - although it could easily be argued that there is not all that much difference between Geelong and Adelaide....

JP Sauce is fresh out of the oven after his instrumental performance against the Baghdad Bombers with a brilliant all round game, one Baghdad fan observed that 'he has balls.... I like balls', while the ever spritely DemonJim kicked another bag of four.

The Geelong Gumbies have some players in a rich vein of form too, don't you worry about that! whoopsman and Tayl0r turned in excellent displays during the dismantling of the Swampies.

It's hard to go past the Wonders at their home of pain, war and conquest - Wonders by 8.

Captains, remember to tag boncer34 in your team list submissions - teams due Friday.

MASSIVE GAME!

Can we make it 5 wins on the trot or will a side full of quality players end or run....

Looking like it going to be a cracker....hopefully the weather is fine so both sides can play their best football.

We have been killing teams with the long ball out of defence so Wonders will have to watch out for that.

Expecting the likes of whoopsman Mr Gor and Tayl0r to continue their rich vein of form from the past month.

Let's do this Gumbies!

Huge game.

Hopefully we can exploit the Gumbies leaky defence and really pile on the goals again this week. And at the other end our back line is the 2nd tightest in the league so we'll be well suited to handle the Gumbies' attacking, high-scoring game plan.

Greeting Gumbies and welcome to our Wonder, The Colosseum.

We have matched up very well against you in recent encounters but it's been a while since we have come across Gumbies, the contenders, rather than Gumbies, those guys that melt under any pressure.

I'm excited to see what you've got on the big stage, MOTR, at our blood soaked arena.

Bring it on!

Seems like the Gumbies have improved a fair bit this season. However they are up against the reigning champs and just like in Round 1 we will be securing another 50 point win.

We have improve a hell of a lot since round 1 both on and off field.

I'm excited to see what you've got on the big stage, MOTR, at our blood soaked arena.

Im trying to remember the last time we have been in a MOTR game, its been a while.

I do however know that we have had a pretty good record when it has comes to wins on MOTR games in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonders should sit atop the ladder after this round as well after collecting 4 points with the bye here.

Feel free not to turn up on Monday. .. Although, I'll miss saluting you when I kick my 5th. ..

Who are your midfield starters these days?

Who cares, as long as they kick it to the new supreme commander of all men and Sam's at Full Forward. .. ;)

2 Moobs medalist from the past 2 season, neither playing in the middle. How bout that.

Its called the likes of Mr Gor and the other youngsters in the squad keeping the more experienced and seasoned campaigners out. Plus the two mobb medal winners wanted positional changes. Our midfield is something special at the moment.

Its called the likes of Mr Gor and the other youngsters in the squad keeping the more experienced and seasoned campaigners out. Plus the two mobb medal winners wanted positional changes. Our midfield is something special at the moment.

I didn't realise you had another MM (who?). I meant Clay and I. The talent at the Wonders has kept me on the flanks. I'm actually looking to trade half the team so I can get back into the centre square.

Dear Gumbies,

Haven't looked at our GG v WCW SC league lately, which teams players are winning? ;)

Whoever it may be is clearly a superior footy mind. No doubt there knowledge will play a huge part in winning this game.

Your curious pal,

Wise Guy Sam

P.s lol that could be Mt Buller Demons first and only premiership.... Equal 1st :p

Our centre line is really starting to gel.

That's cute.
Our centre line has gelled for years and it is one of the many reasons why we are the reigning premiers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back