List Mgmt. Magner Elevated

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to happen. Won't be a world beater out there but will have a crack and provide a mature body.

I agree with everyone else who have called for him to be left in the guts.

Right move. Like everyone has said, a fit and firing Grimes would be preferable, but then so would a fit and firing Mitch Clark and Jack Watts. Unfortunately as Melbourne supporters, we don't usually get whats preferable in recent times. So long as Neeld plays him in the midfield and not forward, it's a good inclusion.

Magner wasn't getting picked due to disciplinary reasons, not form, that's a fact.

Care to elaborate? He couldn't have been picked prior to this week anyway as he was on the rookie list and there wasn't a spot for him. Grimes is injured, placed on the LTI and Magner is elevated. Not sure what you're getting at.

Take your pic ..

I would like to see Taggert and Tynan given a go (mind you on our list nearly everyone else has had a run except a handful)

I would love to get a good look at those blokes as well.. But with our struggling for contested footy, and Viney out - surely Magners senior body is a must in the middle?

Take your pic ..

I would like to see Taggert and Tynan given a go (mind you on our list nearly everyone else has had a run except a handful)

I'd like to see some of these guys actually develop properly in the 2s before being thrust into the seniors just so we can have a look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people play at the level they are at.

If you pick them in VFL you will get that standard .. thou if you play in AFL they rise to that level .. some take time to feel like they are right to play there and may require time in the 2's.

This is where you develop them, our current coaches aren't doing this and is a massive failure. Sam Blease could be a excitement machine but he is rotting in the 2's. They might be making him work hard but they also maybe losing him - I know he has no fun playing under Neeld (and I would bet he is no Lone Ranger there) when a team is having fun - working hard for each other you can see the results (Cats, Hawks)

We look like we have as much enthusiasm as a corpse ..

Some people play at the level they are at.

If you pick them in VFL you will get that standard .. thou if you play in AFL they rise to that level .. some take time to feel like they are right to play there and may require time in the 2's.

This is where you develop them, our current coaches aren't doing this and is a massive failure. Sam Blease could be a excitement machine but he is rotting in the 2's. They might be making him work hard but they also maybe losing him - I know he has no fun playing under Neeld (and I would bet he is no Lone Ranger there) when a team is having fun - working hard for each other you can see the results (Cats, Hawks)

We look like we have as much enthusiasm as a corpse ..

Yet he signed a new 2 year deal under Neeld?

Imagine if you had no other offers and someone wanted to sign you up for two years .. hmm wonder what I would do ..

Nice excuse but the fact remains he still signed up to play for the club. I'm sure there would have been interest for Blease elsewhere with his pace. Worse players have been given a second chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back