Toast Ross Lyon

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
There's a reason Swift chose to pursue a career elsewhere... he most definitely wasn't good enough.

Bad example clogged.

clogged

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 4, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would have thought there was no arguing that he played a handful of very good games in his first season, but then I forgot there is a person with a posting rate of 50 times a day who takes it upon himself to bully people off this site, so I was naive to think there was no arguing.

I prefer to think of him as a potentially good player ruined by West Coast rather than a crap player they mistakenly picked up.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Nah, Swift was the best under 16 in the country. Ask any WCE fan they will tell ya!! :p

Yeah so says Michael Voss. Hilarious in hindsight considering the name Crazy Vossy has made for himself thanks to poor talent identification.

Either an example of how poor the eagles' recruiting has been or how poor their development is. Win/win either way.

whiteoak

Cancelled
Feb 6, 2013
Uncle Ho's City.
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would have thought there was no arguing that he played a handful of very good games in his first season, but then I forgot there is a person with a posting rate of 50 times a day who takes it upon himself to bully people off this site, so I was naive to think there was no arguing.

I prefer to think of him as a potentially good player ruined by West Coast rather than a crap player they mistakenly picked up.

Yes. I bullied you so brutally and harshly by comparing him to Taylor Swift. You poor thing.

Are you ok Princess?

BTW, Koby Stevens was also s**t and only gets a run because he is with a rebuilding club like the Doggies.

He wouldn't get a start at another club.

Ebert was ALWAYS going to go home.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep, she plays for Melbourne.
oH5NYBm.jpg

She cuffs the balls ok

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes. I bullied you so brutally and harshly by comparing him to Taylor Swift. You poor thing.

Are you ok Princess?

BTW, Koby Stevens was also s**t and only gets a run because he is with a rebuilding club like the Doggies.

He wouldn't get a start at another club.

Ebert was ALWAYS going to go home.

Nope, Koby is improving may turn out to be a good player.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Yes, ok. Of course. How silly of me.

31 possession and 3 goals against the Saints on the weekend.

I wouldn't be writing him off just yet, we should know as well as any supporters that not everyone who gets moved on from their first club is a total crab.

muckypup

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Bayswater Bowling & Rec Club
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The WACA's
Your "give a f*ck" meter is currently reading 5338 5365, though it may have already increased while I was typing this.

Its amazing isnt it. Member since Feb 2013!! That, by anyones standards, is an extreme post rate. I still disagree on Swift tho. As a Claremont supporter I can say I yelled hysterically on at least 1 occassion. I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE AFL LISTED YOU CRAB! (Sorry Tom it was heat of the moment stuff).

You know sometimes commentators say "he is running up and down on the spot" ... Tom Swift is the only player I have ever seen who actually DID run up and down on the spot just waiting to be crunched and pinged HTB.

Anyways ...

whiteoak

Cancelled
Feb 6, 2013
Uncle Ho's City.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Its amazing isnt it. Member since Feb 2013!! That, by anyones standards, is an extreme post rate.

I feel deeply embarrassed and pained that my post rate has caused offence to you.

Perhaps we should swap lives for a day?

In any case, I shall try much harder to not let my personal habits get in the way of your BF viewing pleasure.

Please forgive me.

Fremantle midfielder David Mundy says his teammates are happy with their progress under coach Ross Lyon but aren't getting carried away with finding themselves in the top four near the halfway mark of the year.

The Dockers earned their place with a 90-point win over Melbourne on Sunday, overtaking Sydney on percentage and being six points clear of sixth-placed West Coast.
It is the first time the Dockers find themselves in the coveted ladder position - which means a double chance in the finals - since round seven in 2011.
But while the fans might be getting excited with recent results, Mundy says ladder positions would mean little until the end of the season.
"We don't get carried away with results or ladder positions or anything like that," he said.
"We always consistently try and improve, and there will always be things that we're trying to work on regardless of results.
"We're moving in the right direction but there's still plenty to work on."
While they took some time to get going, the Dockers have enjoyed some remarkable successes since Lyon took the helm at the end of 2011.
Mundy - who had a career-high 34 disposals in the win over the Demons - said the influence of the club's new coaching panel had been significant.
"He's got a pretty good mix," Mundy said of his coach.
"At times he can be quite demanding and aggressive in team meetings. But he's pretty good, he knows how to have a laugh and we pull the piss out of him occasionally.
"Everyone knows what's expected of them.
"With Mark Stone and Brett Kirk being the midfield coaches as well it's a very structured kind of environment we're in at the moment and I think the boys are benefiting from that."
Mundy said although some senior players were due back from injury over the next month, including skipper Matthew Pavlich and midfielder Stephen Hill, it was the progress of young powerhouse Anthony Morabito which had them most excited.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/17360270/mundy-message-for-fans/

It's good to see consistent messages coming from the players - the RTB mantra coming through. That they repeat the same lines about giving effort, not getting carried away, trying to improve, one week at a time... while it's something as supporters we like to hear, it also shows the influence of the coaching panel on the players.

The comment on Ross gives us more insight than we've had into what goes on behind closed doors, even if it's just a snippet. Structured environment, demanding yet convivial, people knowing what is expected of them. All of them signs that the group have clarity in purpose.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
From the inquirer on the AFL website.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-31/the-afls-road-warriors

From 2009-2011, Fremantle's win-loss record in interstate matches was 9-21, a winning percentage of just 30%. Since the start of 2012, under coach Ross Lyon, the Dockers are 8-5-1 away from Perth, a 57.1 per cent strike rate.

Massive cultural change under Ross.

They list all the Melbourne clubs with great interstate winning percentages, mainly because they hardly ever have to travel. Since 2009 the non Victorian clubs are at the top of the table when it comes to winning away from home. West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane and Port are all below us.

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals

Not sure that the toasters should be blamed for anything other than drafting him to be honest. I watched him play at WAFL level and all he was good for was advertising cheap spray on tan. Still, he was massive comedy value when he wore blue'n'yella...massive!

leeloo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Delusional
AFL Club
Fremantle
From the inquirer on the AFL website.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-31/the-afls-road-warriors

Massive cultural change under Ross.

They list all the Melbourne clubs with great interstate winning percentages, mainly because they hardly ever have to travel. Since 2009 the non Victorian clubs are at the top of the table when it comes to winning away from home. West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane and Port are all below us.

Percentage just went up :thumbsu:

Honestly ,as if we needed any more reason to love Ross, Luke McPharlin once again shows his man love:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-01/lyon-post-match-press-conference

McPharlin echoed his coach's sentiments, going as far as labelling Fremantle's culture the best he had seen in his 12 years at the club.
He described Lyon's coaching style as "fairly simple" but "very effective".

"In terms of the culture around the club at the moment, it's certainly the strongest it's been," McPharlin said.
"I'm really enjoying playing under Ross and the philosophies he brings to the group and it's just a really strong culture."

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
Was shocked to find out that Ross Lyon was only getting paid $450k per year while at the Saints while our old coach Mark Harvey was on $475k.

Back