The Simpsons - Best Episode and Best Season

Which season is the best of the simpsons?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ABitWoofy

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
hank scorpio.png

You only move twice, def one of my favourites

Donners

Cancelled
Ex-Moderator
Sep 1, 2002
AFL Club
Sydney
I was just reading a book on the making of the series. It's fascinating to see how it all came together, particularly with some of the personality clashes behind the scenes. It also highlights how much the nature of the show changed over the years.

Cape Feare, Who Shot Mr Burns pt 1, Last Exit to Springfield (DENTAL PLAN, Lisa needs braces, DENTAL PLAN), Treehouse of Horror 1, 4, 5, 6 and Marge vs The Monorail are all up there.

However, I think my favourites are Bart Gets an F and Lisa's Substitute. Not just funny, but also remarkably touching - something the series really lost over the years.

I say "'Tis, replied Aunt Helga!" far too often...

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC
I was just reading a book on the making of the series. It's fascinating to see how it all came together, particularly with some of the personality clashes behind the scenes. It also highlights how much the nature of the show changed over the years.

Like what?

The only big internal clash I know much about is over Principal and the Pauper.

Donners

Cancelled
Ex-Moderator
Sep 1, 2002
AFL Club
Sydney
Like what?

The only big internal clash I know much about is over Principal and the Pauper.

The feud between Sam Simon and Matt Groening stood out as a pretty major issue, even after Simon left.

I'm currently going through my Simpsons box sets, seasons 7 and 8 at the moment. So much brilliance, between seasons 4 and 8 IMO.

Picking an an actual series is tough, picking an episode is even harder. I will say one thing; the Skinner/ Chalmers story in the 22 short films about springfield had me literally crying with laughter.

Its the individual moments I remember.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm currently going through my Simpsons box sets, seasons 7 and 8 at the moment. So much brilliance, between seasons 4 and 8 IMO.

Picking an an actual series is tough, picking an episode is even harder. I will say one thing; the Skinner/ Chalmers story in the 22 short films about springfield had me literally crying with laughter.

Its the individual moments I remember.
One of the funniest five or so minutes of televsion

"Seymour the house is on fire"
"No mother its just the northern lights"

bomberswarm2

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
West Coast, University
"Homer, why did you buy this house?" asked Marge.
"I'll show you! Come on, look at this!" he said, as he lead them a bit futher down the hall to another closed door.
"Feast your eyes on this!" he said. He opened the door.
"How do you like those multi-million dollar views?"
"Dad, that's a picture of Castle Mountain"

"DO'H!"

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I always loved the music, like this gem by Lurleen and Homer.

You work all day
For some old man
Sweat and break your back (yeah)

Then you go back to your castle
But your queen won't cut you slack (that's true)

That's why you're losing all your hair
That's why you're overweight (uh huh)
That's why you flipped your pick-up truck right off the interstate
(That's right! Except for the pick-up truck)

There's a lot of bull they hand you
There's nothin' you can do
Your wife don't understand you
But I do
Your wife don't understand you
But I do
I said no one understands but I do!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bomberswarm2

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
West Coast, University
Last Exit to Springfield is the best episode. It's just the perfect mix of humour and sentimentality that made the show so good.

That was once a general consensus, but now the order has changed:
1. Cape Feare
2. Who Shot Mr. Burns - Part 1
3. Last Exit to Springfield

Source: www.nohomer.net

Silgni

Senior List
Jun 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I enjoy Season 7.
Favourite episode would have to be Lisa the Vegetarian.
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lisa on Ice as the best episode for mine. Couldn't pick a best season.

Yes, yes I would.

You think your Simpsons quoting ability is special? I got a puppy last year and didn't know what to name it, then after a few days I noticed it spent half its life on its hind legs trying to jump on people. So I started calling it Rory, after Rory Calhoun. I challenge anybody to beat that Simpsons reference.
Can't beat it, but a few people at our workplace the special plague ... that's right demotivational plaque ... DON'T FORGET YOU'RE HERE FOREVER over their desk

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
1 - El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer) - as a fellow 'dude with a fire-proof stomach' I sympathise completely with Homer as the insidious Wiggum tries to bring him down with Guatemalan insanity peppers. Trippin' balls!

2 - You Only Move Twice - Hank Scorpio should turn up more often.

3 - Homer the Great - Who keeps the Martians under wraps? They f*cking do...

4 - Homer Badman - Mmmmm, her sweet, sweet can...

5 - 22 Short Films About Springfield - Just brilliant how they weave all the different stories together.

Season 4 or 5 are probably my favourites, but an episode I absolutely love (maybe from season 12 or 13) is "Weekend at Burnsie's". It's the one where Homer is prescribed medicinal marijuana after being attacked by crows. He goes on to do the stereotypical 'stoner' behaviours-wants Flanders to read the bible to him, thinks Lisa's sax would make a great bong etc.....it's a really good ep :thumbsu:

Next two favourite eps would be "The Mysterious Voyage of Homer" as Geelong_Sicko nominated, and "Lisa the Vegetarian", as a few people have mentioned:thumbsu:

Back