Remove this Banner Ad

pepalenko

rolling with my cronies
May 4, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, SanFransisco 49s, Yankees
Well some great marking around the ground from the young fella and I think he may have earnt a run of games based on that performance.
Although I didn't give him best new blue tonight ( thought Cach did a very important job on Jobe), I loved his attack and his tank. There's one positive.

Well some great marking around the ground from the young fella and I think he may have earnt a run of games based on that performance.
Although I didn't give him best new blue tonight ( thought Cach did a very important job on Jobe), I loved his attack and his tank. There's one positive.

Agreed. And as Dramoth said, he may just be the CHF we've been looking for. His kicking is penetrating around the ground... he get's good position... and damn does he hit packs hards...

If he can play a lead up role and continue holding marks like tonight, and we can get Henderson and Waite together up forward without robbing our back, geez our fortunes could really turn around.

Took a few defensive marks and plenty of marks around the ground and I love his willingness to crash the packs. Only played his tenth game and shows that he has plenty to work with for the future.

I can actually breathe when I see him going for a mark, unlike a lot of our other players! Really like him rucking too. If he can just kick some goals, he'll be a bloody star.
Agree with you Pep and MEB, it was great to see Levi repeatedly taking contested marks. Something we have really needed. The other components will come as he progresses.

How good was Jarrad overhead as well? Bright signs for the campaign ahead.

I said to my friend tonight his hands must have glue on them every mark he goes for he clunks them its amazing

There's a lot to like about Levi and certainly a lot to work with. Only question mark over him and whether he can ever improve it enough is his goal kicking. Having said that Travis Choke managed a pretty huge improvement, among others, so it can be done.

But his work around the ground is very handy.

Standed up to the pressure did young Levi. Very good to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I like about Levi is he can stand his ground really strongly, it's not easy to bump him out of the way. And while he can take a flashy mark every now and then, he doesn't try to do it every single time a la Walker last year.

What I like about Levi is he can stand his ground really strongly, it's not easy to bump him out of the way. And while he can take a flashy mark every now and then, he doesn't try to do it every single time a la Walker last year.

I'd love to see his size up close ( :eek: ) , he must be a fair massive unit.

If the playmakers can provide overlap run for Levi, then his marking prowess can be used to attacking advantage. As it stands his field kicking is hit and miss at best, so we can only rely on him kicking long down the line. This ultra-predictability will hurt us agains good defensive sides.

The question is can we afford playing a guy we don't want with ball in hand?

He's probably the best we've got (bar Henderson) for the CHF position, so maybe we have to persist with him. Whether this is viable long term is dependent upon whether Levi can reach a 'dependable' level with his field kicking. I see his field kicking as a seperate (but obviously connected) issue to his goal kicking, which is as much a mental issue as it is technique.

Awesome game by Cas!!!! Definately took a few people by suprise that's for sure.I also think Casbolt prefers the bigger ground of the MCG,seems to struggle a bit at Ethiad. Well done!!

I'd love to see his size up close ( :eek: ) , he must be a fair massive unit.
He has to shave down, coat his body in grease and think openly and creatively about Lean Cuisine marketing campaigns just to get inside a phone box.

He has to shave down, coat his body in grease and think openly and creatively about Lean Cuisine marketing campaigns just to get inside a phone box.

I believe the club has confiscated his mobile phone from him until this is no longer the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back