Tom Mitchell or Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

These guys are easily the hottest young property going around in the AFL at the moment. Jaeger has had a great first AFL season, slotted in well with the GCS and played pretty good. He racks them up, plays hard and disposes the ball well. Tom Mitchell played his second game tonight against the Crows, was amazing, should pick up 2 brownlow votes. Finished with 31, a goal, 10 tackles & 2nd in DT points.

They'll both be around for a long time, club leaders and potential club champions. I can't pick which one will win the rising star. Jaeger has an 8-9 game advantage over Mitchell, but Mitchell has been excellent in his 2 afl games.

Haha. O'Meara comfortably.

Need Mitchell to play more than a game and 3 quarters to make an intelligent prediction.

I don't have time at the moment, maybe if there's anyone that is interested and can be bothered , it would be interesting to see how Mitchell's game today or even first 2 stack up against anyone else's debut or first couple of games ??

Barlow had 67 possessions and kicked three goals in his first two games, doubt anyone will be able to match that.

Yep and 10% better than everyone else this year.

OOPS 9.8 %

cartman_tears.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I hate to say it O'Meara is better. They really are two different players O'Meara is a Judd like player and I can't stop mistaking Mitchell for ROK still very happy with Mitchell tho

Jaeger O'Meara or Tom Mitchell? Hmmm.

I'll take Lachie Whitfield thanks.

highest disposal efficiency in the competition among mid-fielders (including a number of brownlow medallists) not only can he get the ball, he can do something with it too.

Jaeger O'Meara or Tom Mitchell? Hmmm.

I'll take Lachie Whitfield thanks.

highest disposal efficiency in the competition among mid-fielders (including a number of brownlow medallists) not only can he get the ball, he can do something with it too.
Mitchell is way behind Whitfield :rolleyes:

We should do Mitchell vs your whole list
Pretty bold post after 1.5 games ... ;)
O'Meara is ahead Judd at this stage but Judd really ramped up in his 3rd year which I'm sure O'Meara will.
Interesting theory, how did you conclude that? Do you recall Judd's game in 2003 against the Lions? One of the best games I've seen him play in his career let alone for a second year player.

Oh is this one of those threads where we just nominate a young player who's better than everyone elses young players?

In that case Paul Seedsman is the bestest out of everyone.

In all honesty though, give these kids a break and stop comparing them to Judd or Ablett or any other gun midfielder you can find. These kids will create their own legacy in due course and nobody wants egg on their face like what was created by the over-hype of Scully/Trengove/Watts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back