Tom Mitchell or Jaeger O'Meara

There's been nothing I've seen like early Judd as far as just crapping yourself as an opposition supporter when he got the ball.

Judd was very good, very quickly.
I think people forget that because of how he has been recently, ask Chris and Brad Scott.

Catsace

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I don't have time at the moment, maybe if there's anyone that is interested and can be bothered , it would be interesting to see how Mitchell's game today or even first 2 stack up against anyone else's debut or first couple of games ??

Dean Polo got three brownlow votes in his first game i think....although it was a game he debuted in some 1.5 seasons after being drafted in 2004. However, his career didn't exactly progress quite so well hence.

i_need_a_pencil

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Jaeger O'Meara looks like a scary prospect... maybe its the dark hair or his general posture but reminds me a lot of Lenny Hayes with the way he moves. Might be just me.

Blood Bath

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2012
Norf Shore of Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich, Detroit Pistons
Lol. People who are saying "O'Meara in a heart-beat" "Mitchell is nowhere near O'Meara". "O'Meara easily" are all kidding themselves.

Tom Mitchell has played two games for a high-standard premiership team and, in both of those matches, has been among the best. People are saying this guy will be the next triple Brownlow medalist, I won't be surprised if they're proven right either. In the league below, he was averaging something like 52 disposals, and he played last week as the sub and got 18 disposals, 6 marks, 6 tackles, several score assists and a breathtaking goal on debut.
Yesterday he played a full game and got 31 disposals, a goal, 144 dream-team points and 10 tackles.

Don't get me wrong, Jaeger O'Meara is without any doubt one of, if not the best young rising star players in the league and is someone who every team wants.

This comparison is far too early to assess.

I am Jack

Premiership Player
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team GGG Golovkin
What is there to not like about Mitchell, he's a tough nut, ball magnet/inside-outside player who has just slotted into the reigning premiers and was arguably best on in his second game.

This kid will win more than one brownlow.

Swanhotels

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
O'Meara looks to have some serious class and polish to his game where as Mitchell is more inside so doesnt appear to have the skill set that Jaeger has.

Chewy

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 16, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jaeger O'Meara looks like an absolute champion in the making but still a long way from his physical peak. Tom Mitchell is a good player, but like most of the Swans, the kid is so pumped-up, it makes me wonder what they're putting in the water up in Sydney.

O'Meara for me. A natural talent.

Lol. People who are saying "O'Meara in a heart-beat" "Mitchell is nowhere near O'Meara". "O'Meara easily" are all kidding themselves.

Tom Mitchell has played two games for a high-standard premiership team and, in both of those matches, has been among the best. People are saying this guy will be the next triple Brownlow medalist, I won't be surprised if they're proven right either. In the league below, he was averaging something like 52 disposals, and he played last week as the sub and got 18 disposals, 6 marks, 6 tackles, several score assists and a breathtaking goal on debut.
Yesterday he played a full game and got 31 disposals, a goal, 144 dream-team points and 10 tackles.

Don't get me wrong, Jaeger O'Meara is without any doubt one of, if not the best young rising star players in the league and is someone who every team wants.

This comparison is far too early to assess.
Far to early to assess, yet you don't mind likening him to a triple brown low medallist. Lol, ******* lol

Blood Bath

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2012
Norf Shore of Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich, Detroit Pistons
Far to early to assess, yet you don't mind likening him to a triple brown low medallist. Lol, ******* lol

I'm just going off what I've heard. He's said to be the next Gary Ablett Jr, from what I've heard (and dare I say seen already.)

I'm not assessing the issue at all, in my post taking the piss at people who are assessing the issue already and letting the OP and the people in this thread know how pre-maturely they are speaking.

Back