Scott's Not Going Anywhere

Remove this Banner Ad

That's players on list, if you click average games of players that have played this year, we are 8th. So going by that we are behind, essendon, richmond, carlton, adelaide. We don't have any excuses anymore. I had us challenging a top 4 spot next year, I now have us struggling to play finals. Those of you that think we are improving are delusional!

Apologies. I didn't even take notice of that section.

probably an optical illusion, but it seems during every one of our broadcast games the cross to the coaches boxes during the game shows A, opposition box with assistants, injured/suspended players, statisticians etc, etc, B, cut to our box, and there is brad all on his lonesome, looking all forlorn, or pulling silly faces while checking the tv replay, can anyone confirm or deny ?

probably an optical illusion, but it seems during every one of our broadcast games the cross to the coaches boxes during the game shows A, opposition box with assistants, injured/suspended players, statisticians etc, etc, B, cut to our box, and there is brad all on his lonesome, looking all forlorn, or pulling silly faces while checking the tv replay, can anyone confirm or deny ?

I've noticed this also, it has always struck me as being a bit weird.

What shits me is that none of us truly know where the team really stands. We speculate on the issues as we see it from afar but currently we are taking two steps forward and big step back. We are stagnating. We improve in one area but drop away in another. We push top 4 sides but get blown away in a quarter.

This is the thing that frustrates me the most. Time to get back to basics and tell all players they need to earn their spots again and that includes everyone.

This week there should be no week off, with an eye to next year training needs to be stepped up physically including tackling, gut running, one on one drills and boxing. If we sustain injuries then so be it, time for players to start training how they should play.

Is anyone else annoyed whenever they show training at North they show all the players coordinating a stupid drill where they each hold a footy above the heads and they walk with knee high movement. Look like a bunch of pansies preparing for the mardi gras instead of a game. What the * is that s**t?

Get tough or get out, including the coach and board.

Bitch and moan all you like about Brad Scott, but the reality is he's contracted and we cannot financially afford to pay him out. I know there'll be some rhetoric about "can we afford to NOT pay him out", but that bullshit doesn't pay the bills.
There's also whining about why we extended his contract. You can't change the past, so there's no point in even debating it.
The whole club needs to be focused on can be changed, That is what we're not doing well, why we're not doing it well and fixing it. For weeks now, we've heard about players going away from structures. Players who are consistently not adhering to instructions or underperforming need to be dropped!

We just do not have the players in form in the side atm. Look at the side that we fielded, I counted 8 players that are in form, a third of your side is not enough to execute ANY gameplan.

The weakness of our gameplan is it is either on or off, there is no middle ground. It does not revolve around stoppages or contested possession or clearances, because we usually turn the ball over from a stoppage/clearance anyway with a mindless bomb out of the pack.

What we do lack is enough warriors on the field. Guys like Cunnington, Ziebell and Swallow (when not hurt) tackle and put the body in and make the effort. Nobody else does. The others are weak tacklers who can't lay effective tackles, this forces 2 or even 3 guys to go to the ball carrier and it allows others to sag off and receive. We continue to make the highlights reel for players breaking multiple tackles and having a shot on goal.

We have too many flankers in the side, too many soft footballers, they just need to be hardened the * up. If Scott calls off a training or practice match again because it is wet, he should be told not to come back the following day.

Am a huge fan of Brad Scott and his coaching. It didn't take me long to work out that our list at the moment is a developing one. We were rebuilding the club since he got appointed.
My strong suggestion is that you lower your expectations of finals or else to something like middle of the range. We could still finish 8th as you don't know what might happen after the bye. The man in question did tell us all to be patient and I can clearly see that many of you don't even know what patience is. Aaron Black played his 11th game of AFL footy. J Mac played his 40th game of footy. If Maj had of played that would have been his 6th game of footy. It goes by experience guys. I'm guessing some of you have never gone from state level footy to AFL level and don't realise that it's a huge jump.

Am a huge fan of Brad Scott and his coaching. It didn't take me long to work out that our list at the moment is a developing one. We were rebuilding the club since he got appointed.
My strong suggestion is that you lower your expectations of finals or else to something like middle of the range. We could still finish 8th as you don't know what might happen after the bye. The man in question did tell us all to be patient and I can clearly see that many of you don't even know what patience is. Aaron Black played his 11th game of AFL footy. J Mac played his 40th game of footy. If Maj had of played that would have been his 6th game of footy. It goes by experience guys. I'm guessing some of you have never gone from state level footy to AFL level and don't realise that it's a huge jump.
Don't give me that. Gold Coast fielded a far younger list with far less experience, they are already ahead of us.

It comes down to a arrogant stubborn coach who lacks flexibility in structures and refuses to make the hard call on players that are out of form. Look how long it took him to drop Harper, Adams has been a shadow of his former self yet is no danger of being omitted and those are just a couple of examples. There is no set standards at the club, the players have an armchair ride and to me don't respect the coach.

I don't believe we will come close to a premiership with the current state of this list and I'm even more certain that Scott won't be the man to lead us to one. Some drastic changes need to be made if are ever going to go anywhere.

Starting lecturing me about patience...1999 sunshine...patient enough?

Is anyone else annoyed whenever they show training at North they show all the players coordinating a stupid drill where they each hold a footy above the heads and they walk with knee high movement. Look like a bunch of pansies preparing for the mardi gras instead of a game. What the **** is that?.

I usually disagree with everything you have to say but got a good laugh out of this. I too would like to know why they do it - looks ridiculous.

I usually disagree with everything you have to say but got a good laugh out of this. I too would like to know why they do it - looks ridiculous.
I'm pretty sure it's a warm up exercise related to core strength and balance.

I'm not a mod anymore, you can put me on ignore now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't give me that. Gold Coast fielded a far younger list with far less experience, they are already ahead of us.

It comes down to a arrogant stubborn coach who lacks flexibility in structures and refuses to make the hard call on players that are out of form. Look how long it took him to drop Harper, Adams has been a shadow of his former self yet is no danger of being omitted and those are just a couple of examples. There is no set standards at the club, the players have an armchair ride and to me don't respect the coach.

I don't believe we will come close to a premiership with the current state of this list and I'm even more certain that Scott won't be the man to lead us to one. Some drastic changes need to be made if are ever going to go anywhere.
LT 120 games
Thompson 104
Wells 200
Drew 230
Loose 115
Swallow 140
Spud 204
Goldy 90
Hansen 88
Adams 73
Boomer 350
That's half the team!
Then +50 games there's Wright, Atley, LA, Basta, Cunnington, Grima and of course JZ. That's a starting 18. This team isn't rebuilding, it's time is now.

They have a similar experience level as what North do. It's not about how young they are it's about how many games they have played. Most of the Suns younger players have played close to 50 games with their 10 experienced players leading the way with the form. I knew this before you even realised this yourself. You haven't learned anything really about North Melbourne

Listen you still have to be patient with the newies coming through at all times. Everyone has to be. IF you aren't going to listen to me I will alert the club and they will make you listen.

The experience thing is a cop out, the developing thing is a cop out.

We were beaten by a team that wanted it more, and they were coached better tactics on the day, it is really that simple.

This year has shown us that our high end is pretty close to good enough, but that when its really really hot in the game we melt, its happened repeatedly. It is now fact.

Brad is with us for a significant amount of time because we ain't paying him out. To win something has to change.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I dunno about anyone else but the first half of the year has driven me a little nuts.

The experience thing is a cop out, the developing thing is a cop out.

We were beaten by a team that wanted it more, and they were coached better tactics on the day, it is really that simple.

This year has shown us that our high end is pretty close to good enough, but that when its really really hot in the game we melt, its happened repeatedly. It is now fact.

Brad is with us for a significant amount of time because we ain't paying him out. To win something has to change.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I dunno about anyone else but the first half of the year has driven me a little nuts.
Agree with you on all of your points however by me pointing out that half of our list are still developing those players need to bulk up and get really strong so that they can tackle experienced guys like Ablett who is strong all over his body and doesn't even go to ground. We are so skinny compared to what the Suns are.

Agree with you on all of your points however by me pointing out that half of our list are still developing those players need to bulk up and get really strong so that they can tackle experienced guys like Ablett who is strong all over his body and doesn't even go to ground. We are so skinny compared to what the Suns are.

Size and endurance meant next to nothing in the loss last night, Brad was out coached and the team was shown to be lacking the desire to win. Nothing more.

Size and endurance meant next to nothing in the loss last night, Brad was out coached and the team was shown to be lacking the desire to win. Nothing more.
Sorry but I will have to agree to disagree with you there.

If Scott calls off a training or practice match again because it is wet, he should be told not to come back the following day.
Strongly disagree with you there. You can't sack a coach just because of not allowing the players to train in bad weather conditions.

You know what makes me f****** sick to my stomach?

The fact that we have Melbourne and GWS coming up, which means that Scott can get away with zero changes, which I assure you will happen, they will win like the flat track bullies they are and after two wins all of a sudden "our season will be starting to get back on track". F****** infuriating.

Yet it's wins against those teams that have put some other teams ahead of us.

You are infuriated that some wins might mean our coach isn't sacked after one poor game in a row? Like we are Melbourne or a terminally crap team, instead of a middle ranking, mostly very good but uneven team that is heading in the right direction?

Some quite psychotic overreacting going on around here at the moment.

I like you. Welcome to Bigfooty - your arrival is timely.

Tell me about it.

I remember walking out of the "G" after our win.

Never did I believe it would be the last great North team I would see.

14 years ago !

I am with Gas. We have been patient. And I like many others, (I am sure Gas included), year after year, I have handed over my hard earned to buy a membership, to support the club, hoping that one day, the greatness would return.....

But after the crap the team has dished out this year, week after week. I am starting to seriously doubt that...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back