Moved Thread Malthouse almost imploded with rage during interview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton blaming the umpires, classy Mick.
The umpiring was horrendously inconsistent and favored Hawthorn for the most part though...and I hate Carlton's guts.

Personally I don't find anything wrong with his rants, the most infuriating thing as a supporter is when your coach is too much of a wimp to call out a player, umpire or so on.

There would be nothing worse than a league of coaches that after copping the short end of the straw umpiring wise, end up saying nothing in the presser.

Just a bitter angry man. Then again I would be too if I got sacked and had to coach a rabble like the blues.

Personally I don't find anything wrong with his rants, the most infuriating thing as a supporter is when your coach is too much of a wimp to call out a player, umpire or so on.

There would be nothing worse than a league of coaches that after copping the short end of the straw umpiring wise, end up saying nothing in the presser.

I've always ignored everything he has said in press conferences. He is megalomaniac, he is overbearing, he is short tempered, he's not particularly articulate, and at times hes an outright liar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was sacked now was he?

Must have missed that.
He wanted to keep coaching Collingwood, we turfed him as our COACH. So yeah, he was pretty much sacked. We just tried to be nice and good the old man some way to earn income after his coaching life had expired, but instead he sooked and left to continue his awful coaching ways.

And you guys are well, not beneficial of it but yeah.

I saw a Carlton runner dressed in a navy blue top with a white number, just like a guernsey. I had to do a double take to ensure it wasn't a player. Carlton are basically rubbishing Hawthorns performance and saying we were the better team. Screw you Carlton!

On the Ch 7 coverage, Malthouse was being interviewed by Richo in the rooms. After a amiable chat for a few minutes, Malthouse stiffened and unleashed on the fact the Hawks doctor was in blue, implying it resulted in two wayward kicks leading to turnovers.

He was livid. Stared a hole through Richo and when Richo cut him off, e kept going. Then when they finally did wrap it up, Malthouse ignored Richo's thank you and walked off. Richo was visibly taken aback by how angry Malthouse was.

Does he have a point? I love Mick, absolute legend and I loved the passion. Called it straight and spot on as usual.

Could have been a bit nicer to Richo though, Richo's a bit of a softie.

You are trying to be funny aren't you? Is this sarcasm or irony? Malthouse is the biggest bullshit artist involved in the AFL. He never answers a direct question with a direct answer. He is a liar and egotist.
What a silly post.

He wanted to keep coaching Collingwood, we turfed him as our COACH. So yeah, he was pretty much sacked. We just tried to be nice and good the old man some way to earn income after his coaching life had expired, but instead he sooked and left to continue his awful coaching ways.

And you guys are well, not beneficial of it but yeah.
Yes, we're such a big failure under Malthouse, eleven games into a 66 game tenure and we're already doomed..........

Right because I'm going to find an actual quote where he says that. Hardly heard a word out of Collingwood fans during Malthouse's time at Collingwood about his views when talking to the media. Now every Collingwood supporter wants to act like they were one of the rarities.

Yes, we're such a big failure under Malthouse, eleven games into a 66 game tenure and we're already doomed..........

Right because I'm going to find an actual quote where he says that. Hardly heard a word out of Collingwood fans during Malthouse's time at Collingwood about his views when talking to the media. Now every Collingwood supporter wants to act like they were one of the rarities.

Maybe if he didnt act like such a grumpy old sook since leaving, then the fans would actually still like him or miss him.

The umpiring has been fixed - its been fantastic for a couple of weeks.

I can't beleive the sooking here - there were a couple of dodgy calls but there is in any game. It didn't impact the result.

FFS the sooking... Carlton got done because Hawthorn are a better side.

People have to realise one thing: the umpiring is never going to be perfect. They're human beings - they have human interpretations and they make mistakes. ******* deal with it everyone.

They're always going to pay too many or not enough. I think most agree its best when they leave the contests alone and just pay the obvious ones.

It doesn't decide the game - the game is decided by which team is better, tougher, smarter and makes less errors. Last night that was Hawthorn.

So every game a doctor dressed in opposition teams colours should get mistaken for the opposition? It's expected and it people need to suck it up.

The fact that the umpiring last night was considered 'normal' is a disgrace. The Hawks beat us because they're a damn good side and ran over us, but to say the umpiring had no impact on the game is bizarre. It impacted the game by stopping momentum - both ways. I don't think we would have won if the umpiring was better, but it still impacted it nevertheless.

I'm sure if Essendon were playing West Coast and a West Coast doctor who was on the ground for unknown reasons was dressed in black and mistaken for a player, twice, you would be upset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back