Moved Thread Malthouse almost imploded with rage during interview.

bad setanta

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Textbook Malthouse. Has always been a massive megalomaniac...combine that now with senility and the game he loves having long gone past him, and this unfortunately is the result.

On the positive side though, it's nice to see Carlton reaping what they've sewn. :thumbsu:

Not as nice as watching Sydney win last years grand final :thumbsu:

theduckfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Mar 31, 2007
GB
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Inter,Victory, Liverpool
Sook, excuse maker, etc.

whatever is said about brad scott during a losing NM press conference i gues..

Feb 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Celtics, AC Milan
He wanted to keep coaching Collingwood, we turfed him as our COACH. So yeah, he was pretty much sacked. We just tried to be nice and good the old man some way to earn income after his coaching life had expired, but instead he sooked and left to continue his awful coaching ways.

And you guys are well, not beneficial of it but yeah.

Mate seriously we are a 10x better and more consistent side than last year under ratten, we are 6 and 6 and have lost all of those games by Under 3 goals, 4 under 10 points..I've watched us every week for 15 years live and we are more consistent now week to week than any time since 2000, 2001.. we will start winning the close ones... and all of our players judd, Simpson, Waite included have plenty of good footy left in them for 2-3 years ..plenty...your mob the pies are on the downward slope and bucks has lost control, pies are feared by nobody under Buckley and you'll be rebuilding in a year, 1 forward in cloke, couple of a grade midfielders and losing more cohesion by the week under master bucks.....back line is dysfunctional...since mick left you've gone backwards...

Yes the umps affected the result last night and that was as clear as day, mick is calling a spade a spade, * the afl and their dictatorship fines, I'll pay it for the club myself, we just want consistency that is all, how our players were pinged for holding the ball and theirs weren't, how our players were pinged for deliberate out of bounds and theirs weren't, how our players didn't get chopping the arms in front of goal and theirs did is all beyond me!! If this was Europe there would have been a riot at etihad last night....it was that bad ....it cost us the game...we were better than them for longer and the umpires won them the game...clear as crystal...

I'm disappointed but pleased with where the club is heading under mick....under ratten hawks would have kicked the first 3 goals and belted us by 10 goals plus, under mick they kicked the first 3 and relied on afl assistance to get them over the line...heads up blues

Feb 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Celtics, AC Milan
MMs team is 0-5 against teams in the 8 = deflection and excuse time

0-5 by under 2 kicks in all of those games...not far away at all...I am more positive now about our prospects now than i have been for a very long time...still plenty of footy left in this year..if we make the 8 you wouldn't want to play us given our form this year suggests you don't get an easy win...

While I agree a free shouldn't have been paid (although this situation should never be allowed to occur again) these rules, like so many in the AFL, are ambiguous enough that you could claim they were broken. Most definitely his presence interfered with general play; the question would come down to whether him wearing those colours and in standing in that position was negligent or not. It's all just interpretation.

Interfered with general play - how??? He had been out to shiels who had received a knock to the knee and was returning to the boundary. I saw worse instances of this a couple of weeks back when GWS players on more than one occasion were kicking directly to the runner because he was in orange and apart from commentary on the day not one mention of it in the media and yet here we are 50m + off the ball and the hawks trainer is interfering with play - what a load of shite.

And for the record MK, those colours you speak of are the colours of the HFC and allowable. Your own support crew were wearing there club colours on Friday night but because there were no cases of mistaken identity, that's okay.

As for Mickey and his umpiring rant, he should be careful what he wishes for when talking about lack of free kicks for incorrect disposal - EVERY club does it and its getting worse - maybe we will see it paid more when they front Sydney.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate seriously we are a 10x better and more consistent side than last year under ratten, we are 6 and 6 and have lost all of those games by Under 3 goals, 4 under 10 points..I've watched us every week for 15 years live and we are more consistent now week to week than any time since 2000, 2001.. we will start winning the close ones... and all of our players judd, Simpson, Waite included have plenty of good footy left in them for 2-3 years ..plenty...your mob the pies are on the downward slope and bucks has lost control, pies are feared by nobody under Buckley and you'll be rebuilding in a year, 1 forward in cloke, couple of a grade midfielders and losing more cohesion by the week under master bucks.....back line is dysfunctional...since mick left you've gone backwards...
For clarity, Pies have been rebuilding for the past 18 months. You may notice we are playing our 8th debutant for 2013 this afternoon. You don't necessarily need to bottom out to rebuild. It's easy to appear to go backwards from a Premiership and a 23 and 3 season. Very happy with what I'm seeing and excited about our prospects for the short, medium and long term.

Meanwhile, Carlton are meant to be at the absolute peak of their powers right now - 2012 and 2013 - and are likely to miss the finals in both years. Good luck with Judd, Waite and Simpson carrying you for the next 2 to 3 years.

The difference between Carlton's peak and Collingwood's peak in the modern era - Pies win a flag whilst Carlton have everything go right for them in a specific year to win a final.

brew

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2003
Strefi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
0-5 by under 2 kicks in all of those games...not far away at all...I am more positive now about our prospects now than i have been for a very long time...still plenty of footy left in this year..if we make the 8 you wouldn't want to play us given our form this year suggests you don't get an easy win...

And in all your wins.... Only one has been impressive

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
And how is Buckley working out for you :thumbsu:

Pretty damned well. Bringing a lot of kids through while we suffer injuries, looking at the long term as well as the medium and short term. Despite that we are only a game and a half out of the four and in the middle of a softer run in the draw where we can consolidate before meeting the better sides in late July and August when our injured players return.

We have two more kids to promote plus Beams Young Keeffe to play their first games of the season, and Thomas and others to bring back later. All good. Thanks for asking.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
How many games is that in total now that are the worst umpired games you've ever seen?

Perhaps the more relevant question is: have you ever seen a well umpired one?

Your opinion about umpiring has about as much credibility as Gieschen or KB, no matter how s**t or biased the umpiring is you'll be rushing in here to defend it at all costs.

Your opinion about umpiring has about as much credibility as Gieschen or KB, no matter how s**t or biased the umpiring is you'll be rushing in here to defend it at all costs.

Perhaps you'll now point me at all of these posts where I've "defended" the umpiring?

I don't mind a coach commenting on it. I understand how it feels as a coach to lose a game and think you've been done no favours. I also know that we can't avoid a selective bias when watching our own teams, so I try to temper my views. I've also umpired plenty of Footy and I know how hard a job it is.

What I can't stand is people who are so focused on the umpires that they fail to even see what's happening in the game that's unfolding before them. The sort of people who think every game they've ever watched is the worst umpired game they've ever seen. The sort of people who contend that there is some sort of conspiracy afoot because their team concedes more free kicks than it wins. Do you know anyone like this?

Prestigerrycomo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
All I can picture when I see the title "Malthouse imploding with anger" is this

tumblr_lft5iwPthu1qbj46wo1_400.gif

Please someone shoop his face on it

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Perhaps you'll now point me at all of these posts where I've "defended" the umpiring?

I don't mind a coach commenting on it. I understand how it feels as a coach to lose a game and think you've been done no favours. I also know that we can't avoid a selective bias when watching our own teams, so I try to temper my views. I've also umpired plenty of Footy and I know how hard a job it is.

What I can't stand is people who are so focused on the umpires that they fail to even see what's happening in the game that's unfolding before them. The sort of people who think every game they've ever watched is the worst umpired game they've ever seen. The sort of people who contend that there is some sort of conspiracy afoot because their team concedes more free kicks than it wins. Do you know anyone like this?

It's hard not to focus on the umpires when they deliberately make themselves a big part of the game and influence results, Ch7 have even started interviewing umpires during the game FFS. It's beyond a joke.

If you had any semblance of intelligence you might realise that but you clearly don't so it's a waste of time discussing it with you.

May 16, 2007
coffs
Other Teams
chess
Yes the umps affected the result last night and that was as clear as day, mick is calling a spade a spade, **** the afl and their dictatorship fines, I'll pay it for the club myself, we just want consistency that is all, how our players were pinged for holding the ball and theirs weren't, how our players were pinged for deliberate out of bounds and theirs weren't, how our players didn't get chopping the arms in front of goal and theirs did is all beyond me!! If this was Europe there would have been a riot at etihad last night....it was that bad ....it cost us the game...we were better than them for longer and the umpires won them the game...clear as crystal...

Maybe, you would have more credibility if you complained about umpiring after carlton played Adelaide this year when the free kick count favoured carlton 21 to 12. Or maybe, complained on 8 other occasions, during Hawthorn's 10 game winning streak against carlton, when the free kick tally has favoured carlton. This includes 22 to 11 in 2005, 21 to 12 in 2006, 28 to 18 in 2008, 23 to 14 in 2009, and 23 to 15 in 2010. The only other occasion Hawthorn has come out on top in the free kick count against carlton during this 10 game streak was in 2012 with a count of 23 to 20.

If anything the free kick count should have gone any further if Franklin was paid the free kicks deserved for having his arms held in marking contests. Like everything associated with carlton there is a sense of entitlement, i.e. why shouldn't the AFL give us interest free multi-million dollar loans that don't get re-paid, why shouldn't carlton have the number one draft pick every year, why shouldn't umpires preference our football team everytime they play, etc.

It's hard not to focus on the umpires when they deliberately make themselves a big part of the game and influence results
And yet, plenty of people manage not to. Not you, though. Ever!

Ch7 have even started interviewing umpires during the game FFS. It's beyond a joke.
Hard to ignore?

If you had any semblance of intelligence you might realise that but you clearly don't so it's a waste of time discussing it with you.
Your ironing is delicious. As are your tears. I always enjoy them. :thumbsu: Thanks for the chat, as always.

Unlike Clarkson Pfft.

Who is happy to acknowledge he is a twat

All this talk about jumpers and umpires but nothing about how they are doing no better than when rats was at the helm - well done mick. No surprise you and sheeds have gone the distance with the amount of deflecting they do.

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Interfered with general play - how???

Geez ... does this question even need to be asked? The guy had the ball kicked directly to him FFS.

And for the record MK, those colours you speak of are the colours of the HFC and allowable.

Hopefully good sense prevails and this isn't the case for much longer.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
You have the same avatar, very similar name, and the same (umpire blaming) posting style. A reasonable question. Even Plugger35 would agree.

I'm flattered to have an impersonator, even I keep thinking his posts are mine.

Back