PS4 The Order: 1886

Remove this Banner Ad

Trailers without game play do nothing for me. Setting and the studios behind it give me hope, especially if that trailer is in game engine. Co-op TPS is the rumour. Hopefully some gameplay at gamescom

Well well co-op hey?

Interesting.

Eh, it's steampunk. Wait and see whether it's just a modern concept with Victorian England painted over it.
SSM/Ready At Dawn seem to be pretty decent at sticking to time periods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible trailer, I was excited for it until I saw the guns and realised its probably just going to be another FPS. The setting is what will save the game.
It's a Third Person Shooter.

It's a Third Person Shooter.

Yeah I was still disappointed when I saw the guns, I originally thought it was going to be set between 1100-1400 when they first showed the start of the trailer but then they had the guns shown and the zombies in the fog and my heart sank a little bit if I'm honest.

-SSM is merely publishing, they have minimal development involvement here. This is RAD's baby. This means SSM's new IP is yet to be revealed.

-The head of RAD described it as a "third person action adventure", not shooter which I found interesting.

-Those enemies are lycans or werewolves, not zombies.

-That trailer is in engine and that is how the game is going to look. There is no cutscene/gameplay transition/difference. You can expect that level of graphical fidelity when playing, no CGI funny buggers.

-Next gen mutton chops, enough said.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/08/november-2013-the-order-1886-5830.aspx

d83w.jpg

Gamers got their first glimpse of The Order: 1886 at E3 2013, when a brief and enigmatic trailer showed off a squad of soldiers in 19th century London fighting off an attacking pack of strange creatures. Ready At Dawn, best known for its PSP God of War and Daxter games, has remained silent about the new game in the months since. With our November issue, we blow out the full story on The Order, one of Sony’s big franchise premieres and exclusive PS4 titles for 2014.
The Order: 1886 offers a fascinating glimpse into a past twisted by strange events that alter the course of history. Players step into the shoes of a knight who is part of an ancient order sworn to protect humanity from the threat of monstrous half-breed creatures. Ready At Dawn's fascinating fiction for its new franchise draws inspiration from ancient mythology and legend combined with actual historical figures; the result is a story we can’t wait to experience in full. This fiction is buttressed by an action-packed shooting mechanic fueled by awesome and unusual weapons, like a rifle that can spew blasts of lightning. The Order’s incredible visuals and technology speak to what we can all look forward to in the games designed from the ground up to run on next-gen hardware like the PS4.
Check out our cover for The Order: 1886 below. The issue features 12 pages of exclusive screenshots and info about this promising new game franchise.

So we will get some real info on this beauty.

I am obsessed with this game and there's hardly any information about it. To say I cannot wait is an understatement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back