Toast Ross Lyon

I just happen to be in France at the moment and just happened to be talking to a Saints supporter while waiting in line this morning. He stated that he thought we had got a great coach in Ross and wished him well. Absolutely no bitterness to Ross for leaving rather bitterness to the club for letting him go.

Did he say non regrette rien to you?

Tazmania

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2007
Back in WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I work with a fellow who is a scout for the saints here in wa. He tells me that the saints CEO still believes rtb is by far the best coach and they know they made a big mistake in letting him go. They are still friends apparently too.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Really interesting article.
Look at the puppet master gong about his work:
423060-ross-lyon.jpg

Rhino1966

Senior List
Feb 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ross signed on as we gave him a firm extensive contract.......is it too early to extend for another 2.....

As gerard said on 360 "Ross Lyon is building a Monster" ,

BananaOnTheRun

Cancelled
Sep 12, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why does Ross Lyon seem to have many posters on this site criticise his coaching and game style. Going beyond the obvious he draws a bit of heat from the BF mobs. Why? He was within a minute of a premiership with StK. Why the hate?
From their side of the fence, all they see us their team being strangled, which makes it boring/frustrating for them. From our side all we see is the defence working well and our being able to kick goals. Sucks to be them.

andrew99

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why does Ross Lyon seem to have many posters on this site criticise his coaching and game style. Going beyond the obvious he draws a bit of heat from the BF mobs. Why? He was within a minute of a premiership with StK. Why the hate?

The title of that article yakka man posted says it all . "
Field Marshall: How Ross Lyon's Fremantle leaves sides moored in misery"

Imagine kicking 29 points in a whole game of footy, having your entire team grinded down , slowly. Your star players hassled and drained of freedom to move.
And at the end of it you lose by a crushing margin.

Fremantle is a team at the forefront of the AFL conversation. I like it that way. Even if we notorious rather than loved.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder

Maybe because your signature translated is what he does to oppositon clubs week in week out.

andrew99

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
From their side of the fence, all they see us their team being strangled, which makes it boring/frustrating for them. From our side all we see is the defence working well and our being able to kick goals. Sucks to be them.

Precisely. The hate we receive is really a compliment. If we really were this team that has no chance of ultimate successes, then no one would care about us, or Ross Lyon. They are worried. They know we have the tactics to win, everything, but if we do win, it could change the way the game is played.

andrew99

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure the Saints are looking like winners out of the deal yet.

To spend the entire off-season trading for the now, only to then turn around 5 games into the season and announce you need to start a rebuild looks eerily like the same misjudgement Harvey made when he first started at Freo.

It would serve the Saints right, if Watters falters, for all the mud slinging they did in the Ross Lyon saga. They stuffed up and should have accepted their mismanagement was the reason Lyon left.

Cheesewheel

All Australian
Aug 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Neutral supporters hate him because they feel like they're entitled to a spectacle shootout whenever they turn on the tv and Ross never lets his games turn into them.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers

Because people are upset we aren't easy beats anymore and when you look closely it's supporters of teams we've embarrassed over the last 18 months.

leeloo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Delusional
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, I no longer go onto opposition boards for a bit of banter and game discussion. You are only met with the usual 'Lyon boring game plan' crap. Don't need it!

Last week, I read a post (I think it was on the List Board) that said Freo can't win games away from Subi and treat derbies like they are our GF's :eek: Yep, someone posted that last week!!

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Welcome to "the Bubble" happens when people are threatened by you. Does anyone hate GCW or GC ? no, why because they're not a threat.

Time to grow up and stand up for the purple Haze, footy is about winning premierships and not friends just ask Ballas and Crowley, these blokes would get abused if they walked down a street in Melbourne. Cats fans hate Crowley for his time on Ablett, funny thing is their captain at the time was the best tagger in the AFL( wonder if he ever pinched? He was very quiet during this whole Crowley v Boomer thing?) Cats fans hate Ballas because he got punched twice once by Scarlett, once by Steve Johnson (Not Stevie J because I hate the guy just like Scarlett hates Ballas).

I digress, unless every other team hates us then we are not doing it right.

Step up, barrack hard and don't take a backward step to any other supporters. Go Freo.

Pusswah

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Welcome to "the Bubble" happens when people are threatened by you. Does anyone hate GCW or GC ? no, why because they're not a threat.

Time to grow up and stand up for the purple Haze, footy is about winning premierships and not friends just ask Ballas and Crowley, these blokes would get abused if they walked down a street in Melbourne. Cats fans hate Crowley for his time on Ablett, funny thing is their captain at the time was the best tagger in the AFL( wonder if he ever pinched? He was very quiet during this whole Crowley v Boomer thing?) Cats fans hate Ballas because he got punched twice once by Scarlett, once by Steve Johnson (Not Stevie J because I hate the guy just like Scarlett hates Ballas).

I digress, unless every other team hates us then we are not doing it right.

Step up, barrack hard and don't take a backward step to any other supporters. Go Freo.
Yep. We're cheating, scragging *s, whereas the cats are the symbols of all that is hard and tough about football. Still remember *s like Mooney pushing our young blokes' heads into the ground with his forearms in tackles a few years back.

* them, time to make some real enemies.

Tazmania

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2007
Back in WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep. We're cheating, scragging ****s, whereas the cats are the symbols of all that is hard and tough about football. Still remember ****s like Mooney pushing our young blokes' heads into the ground with his forearms in tackles a few years back.

**** them, time to make some real enemies.

You forgot righteous...

Back