the_fresh

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
dowdenphotography.com
100% w@nker!

I will sometimes listen to him if theres nothing else on because I love when others give it to him.

I know Richo quite well through horse racing, asked him about Finey one day and said he's a flea who would live at the station if he could, but then again Richo hates everyone

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
100% w@nker!

I will sometimes listen to him if theres nothing else on because I love when others give it to him.

I know Richo quite well through horse racing, asked him about Finey one day and said he's a flea who would live at the station if he could, but then again Richo hates everyone
Are you being serious? Would Richo be "fine" with you sharing this info? What does he say about criticisms/opinions directed at him and others on the station?

Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
You always get a fair hearing from Finey in his own show.

He probably anchors 2 of most knowledgeable segments on radio however, alongside Troy Zantuck and the journalist Steven Milne (as opposed to the footballer).

Initially Speaking on Tuesday nights from 10-midnight and the GBU Crew from 10-11 Wednesday nights.

Blueyboy74

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Flog. It's ok to have an opinion - that's what he's paid for but thinks his is absolute gospel. Rude, arrogant and generally talks crap

TheTigerEffect

Team Captain
Sep 11, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Plenty
IMO, Finey's brilliant. He is aggressive with his opinion but really backs it up. He doesn't plain argue with callers if they don't agree with him. He lets everyone have their say. Plenty of people just ring up and tell him he is a flog, then tell their point of view. I like the fact he says what he says, backs it up and doesn't care what others think.

ibra

All Australian
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea
Didn't get into radio for football, he got into it because he loves the sound of his own voice.

He only takes on the moron callers who can't think past the sentence they are speaking, as soon as someone with half a brain goes him he mutes them, speaks obnoxiously and acts as if they have hung up and calls THEM gutless.

tattooedswan

All Australian
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne City
Anyone on here saying he's too agressive or this and that should just switch over to ABC or 3AW, I'm sure you'll hear some bulls*it spin about how Sydney's midfield rotation is elite or something.

Finey is the only football person on radio who speaks his mind whether people like it or not. Soft minded people can't handle it.

You try having drunk morons ring in and see how you would handle it after 10 years.

Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He is mates with some of my mates. I only met him really briefly at a party. He has seemed to calm down since St. Kilda has fallen away. I do find him rude to some callers who don't agree with him and try to debate him. He doesn't give them a fair go and just hangs up on them

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
He is mates with some of my mates. I only met him really briefly at a party. He has seemed to calm down since St. Kilda has fallen away. I do find him rude to some callers who don't agree with him and try to debate him. He doesn't give them a fair go and just hangs up on them

Agree with this. Viney is now bearable.

the_slurpee_man

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Philadelphia Phillies
I hear a lot of callers who have reasonable opinions that are completely dismissed. Fine just assumes that if an opinion differs from his, it's because the caller barracks for a certain side and is wearing rose-coloured glasses.

95% of the calllers are just biased supporters that need validation thats why they ring up Finey... But if finey doesn't agree, the caller will just chuck a hisssy

Hodgepodge

Hall of Famer
Suspended
30k Posts 10k Posts
Apr 28, 2008
Erin Riley's air mattress
AFL Club
Hawthorn
95% of the calllers are just biased supporters that need validation thats why they ring up Finey...

lol that's true his callers are quite pathetic in that way.

But if finey doesn't agree, the caller will just chuck a hisssy

In my experience they just get hung up on while Fine talks for about 5 minutes without taking a breath and while going off on a few tangents, by which time the original argument is forgotten.

Back