• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 44 26.7%
  • Jaeger O'Meara

Votes: 85 51.5%
  • Tom Mitchell

Votes: 36 21.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep - Norm Smith medals and Ross Glendinning medals are the same thing :rolleyes:

Scott Pendlebury won the Norm Smith medal in 2010, capping off an absolutely brilliant season in which he had basically already reached the level at which he is currently playing. Maybe he's stepped it up another notch lately with some incredible play, but at the age of 22 he was already CLEARLY a superstar, and that peanut was claiming that Jaeger O'Meara is a better player than Pendles was at that age.

The Norm Smith medal was just pointed out to make that point to a Collingwood supporter who should know better.
Yep, Pendlebury was AA and 4th in the Brownlow in 2010.

O'Meara isn't even remotely close to that level this year.

Having read every response to this thread, I still can't work out why Cotchin is in this poll. :confused:

I would suggest that it's because Cotchin is a star, and he will probably be at about the same level that he is now in 5 years time, so it's basically asking will either or both of these guys reach/surpass Cotchin's level.

In other words, I think Cotchin is the bar set for the other two.

I would suggest that it's because Cotchin is a star, and he will probably be at about the same level that he is now in 5 years time, so it's basically asking will either or both of these guys reach/surpass Cotchin's level.

In other words, I think Cotchin is the bar set for the other two.

They've probably been just about better than Cotchin this season

They've probably been just about better than Cotchin this season

That might be a bit of an overstatement, particularly given the attention that Cotchin gets in comparison to the other two. The issue is picking someone who might have been better than them this year that might still be peaking in five years.

Maybe Dangerfield is another?

O'Meara overrated. Mitchell beats him in a number of key areas.
I'd be interested to know which ones as O'Meara's testing showed him to have elite speed, skill, endurance and strength. The commentators pre-season were commenting that no-one has ever been categorized as elite in all areas before. Don't take this as a slur on Mitchell, who looks like becoming an elite mid, but as Robert Walls and Tim Watson have said O'Meara could end up being the best midfielder ever!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the team I support changes the fact Mitchell does win in 4-5 categories against O'Meara.

Which categories? This isn't one of those "but jack watts has the most intercept marks eva!" things is it?
You need only watch players play to see who is better, but I'd still be interested to hear.

The original question was will be better in 5 years was it not?

I voted Cotchin back in the day, but 2013 + 5 = 2018, same year Mitchell won the Brownlow. Clearly Mitchell was the best of the three 5 years on.

Back