Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

lol come on, i think half their goals came via Hine turn overs/poor decisions, well, the ones that weren't gifted by the umpires.

You mean Hine cost us two goals? ;)

Hard worker, improving all the time, showing some good leadership and a very smooth mover. He looks great when running at full pace, just glides across the ground.

Missed that tackle on Motlop and ran over the ball early, but other than that very important link player.
He's been a bit of a tease so far, but JMac is a great decision maker with ball in hand and that is his big strength.
He also seems to be completely team oriented in that he is more than willing to get into positions where he knows he won't get the ball if it helps the team.
Also a bit of an onfield leader with his voice.
Jmac seems to start every game poorly then gets better as the game goes on.

I still don't rate him, for me he lacks talent. He does however give his all and does the team things

Of those that people suggest could move down the ground, I wonder if Jmac isn't a possibility at some stage, having done an apprenticeship in the back line.

Ordinary footballer, was ok tonight. Still makes too many errors and is soft.

McKenzie has already gone past him, Mullet is miles ahead of him.
We also have MacDonald to come in.

Has no future beyond in this year.

He can't touch the ground. Seriously, how can you play AFL when you can't reach the grass???????????????

He over-ran the ball again last night, he needs some hard core Pilates and Yoga in the off season.

If you don't think this is a serious issue, just watch Selwoods goal against us the first encounter this year. It was the perfect example of a bloke not being able to bend and it cost us the game.

He was good other than that.

"Wet Lettuce Arms" McMillan, still think he reeks of spudliness. It's funny how his missed tackles always seem to result in goals. Good decision maker, WTF?!?!?!!? I cringe every time he gets the ball. I've said it once and I will say it again, looks ok when we are going good and players are brining him into the game, but when we are down is invisible.

Missed that tackle on Motlop and ran over the ball early, but other than that very important link player.
He's been a bit of a tease so far, but JMac is a great decision maker with ball in hand and that is his big strength.
He also seems to be completely team oriented in that he is more than willing to get into positions where he knows he won't get the ball if it helps the team.
Also a bit of an onfield leader with his voice.

It's not just willingness, it's actually his job - while others are being sucked in to that whole see-ball-get-ball mentality, Jmac is the one who stands off the contest and blocks the opposition release.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ordinary footballer, was ok tonight. Still makes too many errors and is soft.

Yep. As butter.

I haven't exactly been leader of the JMac Fan Club over the course, but calling him soft - especially off the back of some hard as nails attacks on the ball all of 24 hours ago - just tends to make people think that you mightn't actually have a clue what you're on about.

Granted, TT probably put it better than me.

In Hine's defence he had a tough job guarding Motlop, it would be hard to make decisions when you're fatigued from chasing him around and the game was finals-like intensity, which he's not used to.
I don't get bashing players so early, just like MacMillan, I always thought he was doing his job each week.
Hine is going to make mistakes like Jacobs and Gysberts will adjusting to a new style, but we don't have too many players with his closing speed down back to play on those quick forwards, so I see him as developing into quite a handy player going forward.

I've always defended him in the past and I admit he has been ok this last month but, some of his poor efforts or attempts at tackling an opponent have been beyond awful this year. He is obviously a valued member of the "leadership Group" but he really needs to sort that s**t out.

He is certainly no lock for 2014 or at least shouldn't be if we are fair dinkum.

He is one player who will only improve with experience, how good he will be? I honestly don't know, I just hope he continues to improve and repays the faith that the coaching staff have invested in him.

He has gotten better every year. If he continues to develop this way he will be a very good footballer for us for a long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back