Opinion What to do if we finish last

What should we do with the no 1 pick

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep with a PP we trade it to the highest bidder get a dal santo (type), go after Sewell and Daisy as free agents and convince Adams to walk into the PSD.

Add those 4 players to our midfield, plus P3 and Hogan, the natural progression of Viney and Toumpas and a fit Mitch Clark and suddenly its a top 8 side.
Sounds great. Just too good to be true, unfortunately.

Give pick 1 to GWS for pick 3 and Taylor Adams. They are probably losing Adams anyway, so they may bite.

Then use pick 2 on Aish and 3 on Sharenburg.

Otherwise offer pick 1 and Watts to the Bulldogs for pick 4 and Liberatore. Rumour has it that Libba is unhappy - and the Bulldogs would move heaven and earth for Boyd and Watts would be a bonus they won't expect.

Then use pick 2 on Aish and pick 4 on Sheed or Dunstan.

Use it on the best available player - Boyd.
Trade out excess tall forwards for picks or players ( mids )
If Boyd really is a generational type player surely we must take him, teamed up with Hogan we have a scary pair of KPF for the next decade.
I don't think we could afford to pass him up and if we did we would regret it for a long time.

Use it on the best available player - Boyd.
Trade out excess tall forwards for picks or players ( mids )
If Boyd really is a generational type player surely we must take him, teamed up with Hogan we have a scary pair of KPF for the next decade.
I don't think we could afford to pass him up and if we did we would regret it for a long time.

I pretty much agree with this. Just not sure which of the talls I'd want to jettison to make way for both Boyd and Hogan.

As much as i hate to say this , Hogan is no monty to stay (extend his contract ) .If by some chance we end up with pick 1 , (Don't think we will )we would have to consider Boyd in that light as well.

Crazy question but how is this a thread? GWS is unlikely to win another match so its so damn unlikely to happen

Should we get Brendon Goddard if he terminates his contract with Essendon? How would we draft him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should we get Brendon Goddard if he terminates his contract with Essendon? How would we draft him?

I doubt he has that power does he? If so... no haha Essendon has showed that he looked great in saints colours for whatever reason but is only a good player

I doubt he has that power does he? If so... no haha Essendon has showed that he looked great in saints colours for whatever reason but is only a good player

And we don't need those? :p

Back