Team selection issues heading into the finals (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

AJ is getting LARS this time right (or has had it done) - perfectly happy to be corrected here.

What length of time does a LARS keep you out for?

Only thinking of it because if he had the LARS initially would he be back now - all things going well of course?
Has already had LARS and there saying he will be fine for round 1 next year , got even more time than usual due to the off season

Hawkins , Chappy , West will play in Finals so u can take out Walker , Caddy , Blicavs
Puopolo , Stratton , whitcross all played in the Finals last year
Silvagni wont play when Mcfarlin is back this week or will Neale with the likes of Pearce and Ibbotson back

Hawkins , Chappy , West will play in Finals so u can take out Walker , Caddy , Blicavs
Puopolo , Stratton , whitcross all played in the Finals last year
Silvagni wont play when Mcfarlin is back this week or will Neale with the likes of Pearce and Ibbotson back

Hawkins got massive back problem, cannot bend over, Chappy coming back from massively long injury break(old player with shoestring hammys now), and West -he was dropped for blicavs for a joke effort against north...

Puopolo- his 3 finals last year, 6, 6, 9 that's disposals

Stratton- his 3 finals last year, 9.10, 9 disposals

Whitecross- his one final yielded 1 disposal!:eek:

As for those 3 freo players- Ibbotson could've played but wasn't picked

Danyle Pearce- what experience does he bring?

and

Mcpharlin he's coming back from the old man calf injury(wont be easy manning tippett)

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves with selection still a few weeks to go before finals, I expect to see Jetta used as a super sub come finals, probably at the expense of Lamb or Rohan who will start. Just a gut feeling.

The Team sheet ATM I cant see winning the Premiership , will players like Lamb , Mitchell, Everitt , BJ , White , Rampe all stand up in presser games in September its a big ask for all of them to at once. The likes of Goodes , Jets , LRT , Reid have all proven they can its a massive ask if they don't play in Finals for us to win it , I just cant see it

Who says the players you name above will fall to water in finals?

Will the dockers as a whole stand up in september against the top sides?

Will motlop, christensen stand up, can hawkins move

Will lake help the hawks this year

You only question one top 4 sides potential and its the one you support

Who says the players you name above will fall to water in finals?

Will the dockers as a whole stand up in september against the top sides?

Will motlop, christensen stand up, can hawkins move

Will lake help the hawks this year

You only question one top 4 sides potential and its the one you support
Its just all off them standing up is a big ask not 1 in particular , and I think Freo can stand up they knocked out the Premiers last year and another year under Ross also I think they are in just as good as form as last year if not better

Its just all off them standing up is a big ask not 1 in particular , and I think Freo can stand up they knocked out the Premiers last year and another year under Ross also I think they are in just as good as form as last year if not better

All you did was repeat the view i said was frustrating, basically you see positives galore in every team but sydney,

All you did was repeat the view i said was frustrating, basically you see positives galore in every team but sydney,
Are u really counting on White to stand up in a big final , BJ as an 19 year old first year player , Mitchell , Lamb in there first years , Everitt to fill LRTs role ?

Really happy to make top 4 with Key players out never would have thought with them out top 4 was a chance. Wouldn't say Everitt has filled LRTs role just yet that's for sure , White still hasn't shown he can stand up in big games got the next 2 weeks to show , and Goodes is just Goodes no 1 can fill his shoes. BJ is no Jets just yet so im really hoping Rohan can get some form before Finals. If we didn't have injuries I would go out and say that we would be an unbelievable side forward and back , Goodes , Reid , Jets , Rohan , Tippett running around the forward line OMG try and stop that , AJ , LRT , now Rampe down back.

Rampe is the perfect example of how things change ... I'd suggest at the start of the season many of us, and you in particular, would've been lamenting the loss of Johnson and fearing Rampe was in over his head. Now, as you point out, Rampe has stepped up the mark ... and there's no reason to think, with the experience gained in big games in recent weeks and particularly the next two weeks, other lesser-rated players won't stand up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are u really counting on White to stand up in a big final , BJ as an 19 year old first year player , Mitchell , Lamb in there first years , Everitt to fill LRTs role ?

B jack- no i wouldnt pick him for a final, he is raw and not ready. But on the flip side he is yet to let us down but dont believe theres a spot for him even with current injuries

Mitchell- he is a superstar i dont care how long he has played for he is a special player, i dont hesitate to pick him even if the whole squad was fit

Lamb- im not sold he has his spot sealed but at the same time he is high draft pick and in his full games has showed poise and class. He is not overawed and he is highly efficient i have faith

Everitt- always had the tools and is having a great year, what has he done to suggest it wont cotinue, he also is not playing lrts role when did he go forward? Everitt plays everitts role

White- one that i still worry, but tippett brings out the best in this guy and when he doesnt have to ruck he has always been better confidence and performance are up, next 2 weeks are important to him

Why do i have to tell you why they can keep up form in finals?

You cant pick last years grand final side forever and a day, why isnt your default position excited to see the guys above shine in september not presume they collapse

Rampe is the perfect example of how things change ... I'd suggest at the start of the season many of us, and you in particular, would've been lamenting the loss of Johnson and fearing Rampe was in over his head. Now, as you point out, Rampe has stepped up the mark ... and there's no reason to think, with the experience gained in big games in recent weeks and particularly the next two weeks, other lesser-rated players won't stand up.

Exactly

The glass is half empty though, presumes they will let us down, maybe september is the chance for guys like an everitt and a white so make their careers, imagine if jesse kicks 3-4 week one of finals and has a great september he could make reids summer very interesting

Mitchell is made for september

But all punts see is the injury list, apparently the rest suck

It's now no wonder I was rarely reading our board this time last year. I can't imagine that your negativity would have been any less, even though we went on to win the flag. Fact is, we had to overcome a lot of adversity to win the flag last year, & it will be no less this year.

Jesse has 2 weeks to prove that he can contribute against top 4 teams. Everitt too. Remember last year? The hack Walsh was gonna be our main man to goal. WTH? Then the benchwarmer Morton came. We lost our Pop Up Sprinkler in Benny M. Reid was playing as s**t as a fringe player for the Melbourne Shemons.

Hard work can get us into the GF & a lot of things need to go right. Exactly like 2012. Just sayin'.

Exactly

The glass is half empty though, presumes they will let us down, maybe september is the chance for guys like an everitt and a white so make their careers, imagine if jesse kicks 3-4 week one of finals and has a great september he could make reids summer very interesting

Mitchell is made for september

But all punts see is the injury list, apparently the rest suck
If Jessie doesn't get a kick in the next 2 finals like games he wont be playing finals , Mitchell will be a gun but not gonna leave it up to a 20 year old kid in his first year bring us home in his first September

If Jessie doesn't get a kick in the next 2 finals like games he wont be playing finals , Mitchell will be a gun but not gonna leave it up to a 20 year old kid in his first year bring us home in his first September

Picking mitchell doesnt make it up to him though

And why presume white will falter?

It's now no wonder I was rarely reading our board this time last year. I can't imagine that your negativity would have been any less, even though we went on to win the flag. Fact is, we had to overcome a lot of adversity to win the flag last year, & it will be no less this year.

Jesse has 2 weeks to prove that he can contribute against top 4 teams. Everitt too. Remember last year? The hack Walsh was gonna be our main man to goal. WTH? Then the benchwarmer Morton came. We lost our Pop Up Sprinkler in Benny M. Reid was playing as s**t as a fringe player for the Melbourne Shemons.

Hard work can get us into the GF & a lot of things need to go right. Exactly like 2012. Just sayin'.

This time last year morton didnt look much chance of playing, great point

Port , Pies , Hawks this year been in and out this year , Reid can back Jessie went out

Hawks he played as the second ruck the whole side was poor but was he that bad, he wasnt the worst, but the ruck forward role isnt his bag and he had no confidence

Port i didnt see was in hospital so convenient i know, but cant comment but agan the side sucked and he wasnt established in the side,

Considering our low forward entires and poor performance v the pies i think white played a good game, if the pies is a poor performance for white than he is much improved. 13 possies, should of snagged the goal, solid effort.

Sam reid has never performed at the level white is now and sam reid is not fit and available

Hawks he played as the second ruck the whole side was poor but was he that bad, he wasnt the worst, but the ruck forward role isnt his bag and he had no confidence

Port i didnt see was in hospital so convenient i know, but cant comment but agan the side sucked and he wasnt established in the side,

Considering our low forward entires and poor performance v the pies i think white played a good game, if the pies is a poor performance for white than he is much improved. 13 possies, should of snagged the goal, solid effort.

Sam reid has never performed at the level white is now and sam reid is not fit and available
Will talk more after the weekend see how he goes against a strong Backline in the Cats , not holding my breath but

Remove this Banner Ad

Back