NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

footy_tragic222

Debutant
Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
whatever happened to Shane Harris, the reigning competition best and fairest ?
We don't seem to hear about him these days.
hurt his knee earlier this season. i heard he was gonna have a reco but was playing ressies on the weekend so dunno? handy player to come back into finals side

NorWest

Debutant
Sep 28, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
hurt his knee earlier this season. i heard he was gonna have a reco but was playing ressies on the weekend so dunno? handy player to come back into finals side

^^ Correct. Been doing a lot of work off the track and had a run with the 2s on the weekend. Will be terrific if he can get up and running and into the NEAFL side for finals. We'll just have to see how he fares in the next week or 2.

footy_tragic222

Debutant
Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I know there's been a bit of carrying on about their soft draw but they have done well without a Mulroney medalist
for majority of the year. I'd be putting my house on j. Bennett winning the Mulroney
^^ Correct. Been doing a lot of work off the track and had a run with the 2s on the weekend. Will be terrific if he can get up and running and into the NEAFL side for finals. We'll just have to see how he fares in the next week or 2.

RivaReena

Draftee
Aug 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Whats the go with Jarjoura, signed for big $$$, doesn't even train, just comutes in to play...

Ainslie falling for the pitfalls of the past???

NorWest

Debutant
Sep 28, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
I know there's been a bit of carrying on about their soft draw but they have done well without a Mulroney medalist
for majority of the year. I'd be putting my house on j. Bennett winning the Mulroney

Not a bad bet. He would average close to 40 disposals a game and has hit the 50 mark on one or two occassions this year. Although the Mulroney is always tough to pick.

footy_tragic222

Debutant
Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
that's also true, especially when brabazon got 3 votes in a game where he got tagged an had 8 touches. but he is still my bet!
Not a bad bet. He would average close to 40 disposals a game and has hit the 50 mark on one or two occassions this year. Although the Mulroney is always tough to pick.
t

Mar 8, 2007
With My Mate Jack - Jack Daniel's
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, PAFC, QBN TIGERS & JD
NEXT WEEK - Round 22
Brisbane Lions v UWS
Ainslie v Eastlake
Qbn v Hills Eagles
Belconnen v Tuggeranong
Sydney Uni v Sydney Swans
Anyone can join in.....regular or occasional.
Bragging rights to the winner - no better prizes than that, sorry
my tips:-
Lions
Ainslie
Qbn
Belconnen
Swans

Lions
Ainslie
Qbn
Belco
Swans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
AFTER ROUND 22
...................................................ATTEMPTS .........NAILED............ PERCENTAGE
a bit high..................................................83.............63(5) ....................76%
14theroad................................................ 92.............65(4).....................71%
footytragic222.......................................... 66............ 45(4).....................68%
justabaraker............................................. 91............ 57(5).....................63%
collingwood08 ...........................................28............ 17(-).....................61%
tater19.....................................................10..............6(-).....................60%
Demonroo...................................................4...............2(-).....................50%
grimlock......................................................1.............. 0..........................0%

ABH wins !! Well done...go crazy with your bragging :thumbsu::)

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
I reckon we might have a tipping competition for the finals - mostly Eastern, but roll the dice on Northern finals as well if you want.
Same rules as we've had all year......none !

Wait til the NEAFL posts the fixture for next week and I'll get back to you all.

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
Finals Week 1

Qualifying Final Saturday 24 August Belconnen v Ainslie 2pm, Kippax Oval

Elimination Final Saturday 24 August Eastlake v UWS Giants 2pm, Dairy Farmers Oval

Show us ya tips !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone can enter - no prize except for bragging rights

My tips:-
Belconnen
Eastlake

footy_tragic222

Debutant
Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Finals Week 1

Qualifying Final Saturday 24 August Belconnen v Ainslie 2pm, Kippax Oval

Elimination Final Saturday 24 August Eastlake v UWS Giants 2pm, Dairy Farmers Oval

Show us ya tips !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone can enter - no prize except for bragging rights

My tips:-
Belconnen
Eastlake

ainslie uws

Mar 8, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Disappointing second half of the year for the tigers, what went wrong abh?

Never saw many games this season, but they were hit hard with serious injuries pretty much from the getgo and the playing depth did not reach as far down as it has done.

Last season they got that bit of luck you require to win a flag, this year they did not. Thats football.

Carlton Draught

Debutant
Jun 18, 2008
Dubbo
AFL Club
Sydney
Also heard that Belco players will not be getting paid for the finals. Budget has blown out due to Kippax cost.

Anyone else heard this?

Been away from Canberra for a few years, how things change....

Ive heard similar ABH - Was chatting to a Belco Support staff member who also mentioned they have been asked to forgo all of their payments for finals, or at least take a small % of their standard rate, and it was their understanding the players have been asked to do the same. Tough gig recruiting players/staff when the contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on....

Empty Ne$t.

What is the general consensus of footy in Canberra going forward? Will the 4 NEAFL teams survive. How can we fix the next tier - AFLCanberra?

Mar 8, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Reckon survival has to be tough for my beloved Tigers with only 1 club to provide funds. Chook and Co do a tremendous job with sponsorships but given the current climate and the need to continually think outside the square to generate income you wonder how long they can sustain the NEAFL status TBH.

Thebigissue

Rookie
Sep 7, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
My mail says belco hadn't budgeted on making the finals. Gee they do things very differently up there. Heard it hasn't sat all that well with a few of the troops. Not the kind of issues you would like to be dealing with this time of year

one 4 the road

All Australian
Aug 22, 2007
here there everywhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Marcos Ambrose
I'll keep going with the tips Justa:
Belco
Eastlake

Saw a fair bit of the Tigers this year and they would be kicking themselves at some of the loses.
The 2 against Uni were very disappointing.
At times they payed the type of footy that won it for them last year but the injuries/exits/retirements just were too much.
The back-line of last year was a very settled one. This year for a majority of the time the only constant was Klemke and Kirkwood, a 22 and 23 year old with both less than 100 senior games and not key position players. The loss of Roy, injury to Bryce and Swan hurt a lot and Quade ended up down there to cover.
The mid's were good, at best, with Stevens a standout all year. Griggs, Atkinson, Conroy, Jennings and Jolliffe had some outstanding games but were un-sighted in others. Dickinson out with a knee was big as well. Irwin has the heart of a lion but is just too small against the really big boys. Kerlin is just starting out and does do a lot of good things.
The forwards were hit the hardest with Kav out for a long period. Ben Klemke and Quade work hard but needed a lot better delivery. Fulford was a good pick up and again Stevens was probably our best forward all year and it will be interesting to see what happens with Kane in the off season.
Many debuts again (something the club has done really well under Kade) and the future is bright.
Will need to recruit a few for next year, with the changes to the comp it's going to be a lot tougher every week, which I personally can't wait for.

Good luck to all teams and as per usual, want anyone else but the Swans to go all the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back