General Bombers Talk The NEC Hangar

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else who's feeling generous there was also this bit of info i found interesting in the article:

link
Critically unlike other clubs' tin rattling, Essendon's donations are not to retire debt but to build a specific sporting community asset and as such the donations are tax deductible through the Australian Sports Foundation. Someone making a $100,000 donation, for example, would receive $45,000 of that back.
link

Agree. What have we been doing whilst the other clubs have passed us by. :mad:

We have been trying to upgrade Windy Hill for YEARS but that didn't work out ( because of you-know-who... ), so plan B was to start again, build it bigger, build it better.

This is Plan B.

We have been trying to upgrade Windy Hill for YEARS but that didn't work out ( because of you-know-who... ), so plan B was to start again, build it bigger, build it better.

This is Plan B.

How many YEARS???

It was only last year that the bowls club knocked the upgrade on it's head wasn;t it.

Surely we weren't negotiating with them for a couple of years :confused:

High Performance Centre nears completion

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-09-05/high-performance-centre-nears-completion via Essendon_FC

Video is also on the website.

Was going to create another thread but I guess it is all tied in to the new place. The club has outsourced revenue raising to a company called AFL Support & Win. They are contacting 2013 members and hoping to sell raffle tickets to buy a 'high altitude machine'

Minimum a member pays is $200 for a raffle ticket, the more you buy, the more discount on cost for the tickets are. 1st prize is $30k. You can also win other things, can not remember what though but obviously they are club related prizes.

Back on topic, this new Tullamarine training place had 8 weeks till completely finished as of August 15th. That was 3 weeks ago, so now 5 weeks to go. Well in time by the time the players start coming back to pre-season training from 1st week of November.

This new training base looks absolutely fantastic. I am in absolute awe of the place. I hope to also visit the place (as it also has a cafe) twice before the christmas break.

What are other peoples thoughts of the new place?

Thread needs more Jetta

*Edit
Looks pretty good when is it done?

Looks like a few weeks away now.

That video was mid last month, they said 4 weeks, so anywhre from 2 to 4 weeks from now for the building, another few weeks for all the outdoor stuff. Ready for training in november it seems.

Yes, seems will all be totally finished within 5 or so weeks. I'm going to head down sometime in November.

When you start to realise the sheer scale of it.. scary.. and scary when compared to Windy Hill.. it has to add to performance on field when you see all the benefits.. full inside training area, the ovals, increasing gym space by 300% etc etc..

Really is such an exciting time for the club.. hopefully with the supplements stuff put away.. we can get on to rejoicing just how far our club has come in the last three years in reaching our goal to get back to the top of the AFL tree.

Finally feel like we are 'back'.. off field, on field.. just got that buzz again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez that place is impressive.

Doss, how you feel about emailing the club and quizzing them on getting a tour for some of the BF boys (when ready of course).

It looks bloody fantastic and that video really shows how impressive it is.

I have also received a couple of calls regarding that $200 raffle ticket. Really not a fan of how they are going about that to be honest.

Visited the site in Mid October 2012 - Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would take another 12 months to be ready.
If it means they've done a proper job of it as opposed to cheap and nasty, then the slow process is worth it.

I think the plan was always to have it fully operational by Pre-season this year/2014 so I think it is on track.

The ovals took a little longer than expected and they were 'hoping' some of the areas would be finished earlier.. but such is life. Still very happy with progress and it is expected to be done within weeks.

And I have no doubt this will help attract and retain talent.. it is an impressive facility.

If it means they've done a proper job of it as opposed to cheap and nasty, then the slow process is worth it.

It's a serious building with a lot of detail to go into it. For example they have tiled the pools instead of using concrete or something similar so that just shows the level of detail and quality they are going with.

It's a serious building with a lot of detail to go into it. For example they have tiled the pools instead of using concrete or something similar so that just shows the level of detail and quality they are going with.

I grew up with a tiled pool, and my neighbour, a concrete pool. I became a better man in every way, and took his place at his family dinners.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back