Edgewater

Remove this Banner Ad

Financial report from last year says this:
The Club continues to work on the establishment of a new state-of-the-art venue in Edgewater Maribyrnong
to replace the Whitten Oval social venue. As such a large project, it has taken longer than originally forecast.
However, all Planning and Liquor approvals have now been received and we are working with the property
owner to bring this important development to completion. At this stage, we are envisaging end 2013 for the
opening of the Edgewater venue.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/s...ents/2012_WesternBulldogs_FinancialReport.pdf
Haven't seen anything since then

Apart from a site fence erected over a year ago it has not even started. No chance to finish this year.

Apart from a site fence erected over a year ago it has not even started. No chance to finish this year.
That's a bummer. One would imagine sitting on a block of land wouldn't be great. Hopefully it kicks off soon.

They'll have this customer when they open it. I'm sure many of us will travel that extra 5 or 10kms for a meal out or whatever when it's open.

It seems like a waste of money, because the poker machines are not being used and either is the social club for the members/supporters, they are losing revenue each day it blows out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so I've sent this.

To Whom it May Concern,

I am writing to get an update on the state of play from the Club Edgewater Development, There is growing unrest around the Supporter base on Different Fan Forums about the lack of Updates.

Things like:
Has Construction Started?
How long until it is completed?
If it hasn't started Why?
I'm happy to deliver the news via Fan Forums myself or if you would prefer to bring the news out yourself that's fine all we want is the latest because people are very keen to have a Social Club to ourselves.

Thank You
Regards

Blake Gramsbergen

IMO the club should have gone to plan B re this (contracts etc may have prevented) - since we have been going through these dramas three hotels with pokies have opened in point cook and one in tarniet. All seem to be doing well

Why doesn't Simon Garlick come clean on what is happening with Edgewater - it seems that this is a complete disaster and will not get off the ground. Also heard that the club and the developer are at loggerheads and currently in court.

Why doesn't Simon Garlick come clean on what is happening with Edgewater - it seems that this is a complete disaster and will not get off the ground. Also heard that the club and the developer are at loggerheads and currently in court.

I'll quote you when I speak to Garlick at the East West day next year.

I'll quote you when I speak to Garlick at the East West day next year.
Updates from Garlick and Gordon on the debacle which is EDGEWATER is deafening. When will the club be honest with the members and come out and be honest and admit that this much trumpeted project which was going to deliver so much $$$$$$$ to the club and be a social club for the members is dead and buried.

What has been the cost to the club and who is accountable for this disaster ????

Updates from Garlick and Gordon on the debacle which is EDGEWATER is deafening. When will the club be honest with the members and come out and be honest and admit that this much trumpeted project which was going to deliver so much $$$$$$$ to the club and be a social club for the members is dead and buried.

What has been the cost to the club and who is accountable for this disaster ????

We are only providing the pokies and the grog licences to the project the building itself has nothing to do with the club we will just run it if it ever happens agree not using our pokies would cost us a bomb in lost revenue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back