Win Prizes Avatar and Signature bets: Let it be known

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has entered into signature or Avatar bets with their Geelong counterparts, please advise here in advance of Friday nights game.

Let it be known that should the unthinkable happen in Friday night's prelim, and you've signed off on being adorned with Geelong colours and propaganda you will be removed from the Hawk board for that period of time.

If you choose not to report the bet you've undertaken and show up here in blue and white hoops, you'll cop the full wrath of @grizzlym's admin trident to your nether regions(and possibly a much longer ban).

yours,
the Mod team.

Dec 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man City, Box Hill Hawks
I usually do bet with the Geelong flogs but wont be on this occasion purely for this reason. I don't like posting here when everything I write is surrounded by Geelong crap. And it's unfair on others who shouldn't have to see those colours around here after a loss.

I'm sure the other Bay 13 Hawks will agree. In saying that, those who have already made bets have nothing to worry about as the Mighty's will be victorious on Friday night. :thumbsu:

B&GBlood

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
People who get upset about this stuff take the internet far too seriously.

Plus, we'll win.

I disagree, I do not take the internet too seriously, but I do take my footy far too seriously and the last thing I need is "cat s**t" in the Hawks nest when I am grieving.

And I also agree, we will win making the last 11 irrelevant!

I think people are being far too precious. If you view this board as a gathering of fans in a big room, or in a pub, and act accordingly, are the mods saying you would throw us out of the pub or ban us from the function room for making a bet with someone?

Seems Un-Australian to me.

[edit] but I wont be making any bets anyway, so I dont really care what the stupid rule is [/edit]

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
People who get upset about this stuff take the internet far too seriously.

Plus, we'll win.

It's not so much upset as annoyed. If I want to look at Geelong avatars and sigs I'll go to the Geelong board. I visit the Hawks board to indulge in all things Hawthorn and don't expect to see annoying Geelong colours everywhere after a defeat. It's confusing for new members too and seems to cause arguments and discord on the board. We're a happy team at Hawthorn, let's keep it that way :)

I usually do bet with the Geelong flogs but wont be on this occasion purely for this reason. I don't like posting here when everything I write is surrounded by Geelong crap. And it's unfair on others who shouldn't have to see those colours around here after a loss.

I'm sure the other Bay 13 Hawks will agree. In saying that, those who have already made bets have nothing to worry about as the Mighty's will be victorious on Friday night. :thumbsu:

Make your bets, Shepp, I'll just grant you administrative amnesty, and they can take it up with me.

Hoogmeister

All Australian
Nov 15, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Western United
I think people are being far too precious. If you view this board as a gathering of fans in a big room, or in a pub, and act accordingly, are the mods saying you would throw us out of the pub or ban us from the function room for making a bet with someone?

Seems Un-Australian to me.

[edit] but I wont be making any bets anyway, so I dont really care what the stupid rule is [/edit]

It is probably more like a gathering of fans in a big room or a pub, which is Hawthorn only, and you will be thrown out if you wear the colours of an opposition team, in this case, Geelong. If you appear as a Geelong supporter, you will be removed.

Won't make a difference come Friday night though.

It is probably more like a gathering of fans in a big room or a pub, which is Hawthorn only, and you will be thrown out if you wear the colours of an opposition team, in this case, Geelong. If you appear as a Geelong supporter, you will be removed.

Won't make a difference come Friday night though.

I dont think it will make a difference either, I just dont like censorship. :thumbsu:

Or mods playing favourites - "amnesty", really? :p

as an aside, I visited the Weagles post-game function in my Hawks colours after the 91 GF as I am mates with the family of an ex-player, and didn't get thrown out...

Again, some are being too precious with their internets...

Matt Stevic

Privileged White Cis Male Scumbag
Oct 29, 2012
Maryborough VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Parramatta Eels, Arsenal, The Exers
So how about those prizes?

Edit: What if we don't make a bet, just choose to support Geelong in the grand final if we don't make it? Because I'd rather Geelong win than $ydney or Ross Lyon.

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
Apr 17, 2008
Swimmin with bow legged women
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
I have a sig bet with Catatonic Shock. That's Senator Guesty's alias after he lost a bet and was banned by the bay.
Surprised that we'd be getting worried about it though. Don't see the need to throw at all these threats about coming onto this board with Geelong Av's and Sigs.
A little bit over the top modding if you ask me.

Books

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2005
On the Stairway to Heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NZ All-Blacks
If we lose, and Geelong flogs come on our board to rub it in, will they be banned?

For me, if I see a Hawk fan with opposition colors, I am annoyed but I know they were prepared to put their money where their mouth is, so to speak. I share the pain they must be feeing.
If I see a Cat fan on our board after we lose, I want to introduce his knee caps to my baseball bat. Then I want to insert the baseball bat as far as I can, wherever I can.

In other words, I can tolerate Cat colors from a fellow frustrated Hawk. But I cannot tolerate it from a stuck-up Cat or Welfare Swan Or Drug-cheat or whoever.

So I would rather we ban the opposition if they cross the line, and share the pain with our fellow Hawks.

Just my opinion.

ScottMaginness

All Australian
Oct 16, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
why don't you just bet a slab or a nice red ?

If Hawks lose Friday night I'll probably just tune out of the AFL completely for a weeks and start following EPL, looking for new batting gloves, anything... Don't think I could stand it

B&GBlood

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
why don't you just bet a slab or a nice red ?

If Hawks lose Friday night I'll probably just tune out of the AFL completely for a weeks and start following EPL, looking for new batting gloves, anything... Don't think I could stand it

Because betting your avatar actually costs you nothing. I could not consider the shame of having my colours changed to those cat colours, it is bad enough being forced to see them on Hawk bretheren.

I will bet with my money on the outcome, so apart from me and my family no-one else need share my loss of be affected by it.

I hate seeing cats avatars on our board belonging to our members. It's one thing to support your club and lay it on the line but for the most part this is usually done on the bay so by all rights it should stay on the bay and the rest of us shouldn't be subjected to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back