Podcast 2013 - BigFooty NFL Podcast

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Hi -

I have had a go at pulling together a Bigfooty NFL podcast, after a few teething dramas here it is!!.

It is hosted by the very sharp Brasher (he of the famous weekly Brasher's musings!!), who does a wonderful job answering my inane questions and offering insights into the NFL games. The audio mixing is very rough, and all mistakes and technical stuff ups are my fault.

Once we got to yarning about the games from week 1 and 2, we went a bit longer than initially planned, so I've split it into two episodes, roughly covering the preseason roster cuts, week 1 and the start of week 2 (Episode 1) and then the rest of week 2 and a look ahead to week 3 (Episode 2).

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

We are very keen to have guests and other presenters - please PM me or post in here if you have ideas, are keen to join or want to see us cover a certain issue. All you need is access to Skype and a willingness to have a yabber with us about something NFL related!!

I am trying to upload to itunes but the process is a bit more involved than youtube, anyone who can help out and upload it while I am offline should feel free to do so...

Please let us know what you think, and hopefully you like the idea of having a yarn about NFL on bigfooty!!

BpG

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Aww what??? Have changed the settings, please hit refresh and see if it works this time.

I have been having all kinds of dramas trying to post it to youtube and iTunes - it works fine from a couple of different computers here, can others let me know if they can't access it and I will re-load tomorrow. Sorry for the stuff ups...

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I can do that, love the sound of my own voice. Might have to curb my language, I'd assume!

Yeah nah, I have multiple delay buttons and an iron fist (both figuratively and literally, hence the crappy heavy handed audio mixing) at the recording desk...

Seriously, great job Brasher - and Blacky fuey and anyone else that is interested - we would love to hear from you all, have a think what sort of segments you might like to do (pre-recorded by you or done via Skype) and get in touch via PM with me or Brasher .

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GG must make an appearance on this!

Have been chasing both GG and Woodson for ages to come on with me and the Brash-man - but both are more elusive than an Essendon fan at ASADA recruitment days...

Have been chasing both GG and Woodson for ages to come on with me and the Brash-man - but both are more elusive than an Essendon fan at ASADA recruitment days...
I have a feeling GG is a woman....and is keeping it a secret. Would explain his tipping and fantasy drafting. :D

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I have a feeling GG is a woman....and is keeping it a secret. Would explain his tipping and fantasy drafting. :D

I know lots of females that tip really well on NFL games. GG ain't one of them.

Maybe he is a martian??

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perhaps I'm just boring in person? And not as entertaining as I am via text? :(

Awww.... But you are a mod, mods are all knowing and all powerful awesome dudes (or dudettes...) :D

And you are always entertaining even when you are trying to be serious and scholarly...

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Btw, I'm finally home and will listen to the two podcast videos shortly, and will provide feedback asap.

No rush matey, not like there is a huge queue waiting to listen to us!! Seriously, welcome any feedback when you get the chance. Enjoy the Raiders sledging...

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
And now Episode 3 is up!!

With Brasher taping his sessions early, this week we have our first ever guest in Burningleviathan - who tells us all about why he is a Cowboys fan (was it God's choice??) - and also a Divisional review special segment, hosted by fuey

Keep the feedback coming in, and I look forward to more volunteers and great ideas for new segments - we will have lots more new stuff to trot out once I am back from the grand final weekend in Melbourne...

Until then, Go Freo!!

Back