2013 Western Bulldogs Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

So when I worked this out yesterday I had it in my head that it was Friday night for some reason. :oops:

Everyone alright to start the draft a bit early? F/S bidding til Monday is a bit of a stretch. Start the draft Friday?

Friday is good

By the way the draft order is wrong.

Brisbane has picks 7, 25, 41, 59 & 77. They finished below North Melbourne.
So that means North Melbourne should have picks 8, 26, 43, 61, 79
In round 3 Adelaide should be at pick 42 above North Melbourne.
In round 4 West Coast should be at pick 58. Adelaide at pick 60
In round 5 West Coast should be at pick 76. Adelaide to pick 78

Friday is good

By the way the draft order is wrong.

Brisbane has picks 7, 25, 41, 59 & 77. They finished below North Melbourne.
So that means North Melbourne should have picks 8, 26, 43, 61, 79
In round 3 Adelaide should be at pick 42 above North Melbourne.
In round 4 West Coast should be at pick 58. Adelaide at pick 60
In round 5 West Coast should be at pick 66. Adelaide to pick 78
To be honest I stole the draft order from Knightmare as I couldn't be bothered figuring it out myself. :p

I'll get it fixed by Friday. Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry guys, had a few mates over last night and forgot.

The draft will officially begin whenever Minson 4 Brownlow! (can't tag on tapa - would be appreciated if someone could) makes his pick.

Try and give a little bit of info on the player you're choosing, and ideally a sentence or two explaining why you're taking him. If you don't know much about them or whatever then that's fine.

Sorry guys, had a few mates over last night and forgot.

The draft will officially begin whenever Minson 4 Brownlow! (can't tag on tapa - would be appreciated if someone could) makes his pick.

Try and give a little bit of info on the player you're choosing, and ideally a sentence or two explaining why you're taking him. If you don't know much about them or whatever then that's fine.
Putting your real life ahead of BF? Who are you and what have you done with Dannnnnnnn? :p

minson 4 brownlow! you're up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make sure to tag the next person as well, to keep it moving. The list of teams is in the OP if you need to check who to tag, as well as the draft order. StringyDog, you're up.

Melbourne Pick 2 - James Aish

Easily the best midfielder in this years draft and a class above most midfielders of last couple of years except Martin and O'Meara. It's hard to pick a fault really, exquisite skills on both sides of the body, excellent vision and awareness, fasntastic decision maker, good pace and endurance, wins it on inside and outside, and has already been playing senior footy with the big boys for a couple of years. I suppose only downside is his lightish build, but a few preseasons will fix that and no doubt he will become one of the stars of competition over next 10 years.

Snarling Bulldog

Pick 4 - Matt Scharenberg

190cm Utility, SA
DOB 18/9/95

Why: Best available
Style: Brendan Goddard

The top 4 are regarded as basically set in stone this year, Scharenberg arguably the most polarizing of the quartet. His fans regard him as the best player in the draft, a Brendan Goddard/Luke Hodge type who will fix holes all over the paddock - the kind of player the Bulldogs desperately need and one that give the coach plenty of flexibility. Others have described him as David Mundy Mk 2.
His detractors say he has no set position at AFL level (Everitt anyone?) and really needs to find a role at the next level.

At the u18 Championships he played predominately across halfback as a playmaker with the ability to cut off opposition attacks by reading the play - he will find it harder at AFL level with disciplined teams much more adept at splitting the defenders with aerial ability, however he will have 3-4 players playing "tall" ahead of him at the Bulldogs so gets the chance to play more of a rebounders role, and that's where he'd start his AFL career. Whether he transitions into the midfield may be a moot point - a playmaker off the HB line who uses the ball well and can go forward when need be is welcome in any side, and the Bulldogs would be happy to snap him up here.

Mike__

Pick 5

Jack Billings
Height: 184cm
Weight: 78kg

attacking midfielder

clean hands in the air or at ground level, multiple goal kick, very quick, super agile, clean skills, fantastic vision and awareness, racks up a lot of the ball, good leap, ability to move into the midfield, elite kick on either side, rare playmaking ability, always spots up a target inside 50

one of the most deadliest users of the footy in this year’s draft, Jack Billings is a rare and special talent who’s game nous, and weapon of a left foot hurts the opposition if given too much room. Billings has been lauded for his sticky hands, and is exceptional overhead and in the air. When the ball hits ground level, Billings has an uncanny ability to find his way through and out of traffic, setting up his team mates, or going the journey to kick a goal from close or long range.

An addition that will do well to improving the potency across the GC centre line feeding the delivery into the fw50

Dogs_r_barking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back