2013 Western Bulldogs Mock Draft

Melbourne Pick 36 - Eli Templeton

Surprise surprise, another midfielder for Melbourne. Draft starts to really thin out from here and Templeton while no certainty to make grade is probably the best placed despite having some flaws. He is a more longer term project that will take a few years with his slight build. Probably the best of the Tasmanians this year he has no trouble finding the ball and is another good decision maker and ball user to help improve Melbourne in this area. He is likely to have a role off back flank or as a winger at AFL level at his build as he is never likely to get to a big body but has enough smarts and skills to still make the grade at AFL level.

Snarling Bulldog

Ok, so for pick 38 I'm assuming the Bulldogs nabbed Crameri in the PSD, hence we still had pick 22 in the main draft :cool:
This means I wont need to select Mitch Thorp (and Jono Marsh is already ours anyway).

Pick 38 - Nicholas Burke

187cm, 79kgs
I've gone for a genuine run & carry type with good footskills, based as much on need as best available. Nick probably doesn't win as much of the ball as he should and will need time to add size, but genuine ball carriers who can use the ball well will pay off well if they work hard enough to make it. The sort of player who doesn't need 20+ disposals to make an impact on the game, and given we have super-smart Wallis & Hrovat types developing that find the ball at ease a more outside/wing type who just does what he has to with contested play will complement the list nicely.

Had a couple of others I wanted here but Bourke was the only genuine ball carrier so gets the nod, nice ability overhead as well.

Mike__

Pick 39

Mark Cisco

Club: Columbia University

D.O.B.: 17.7.91

Height: 207cm

Weight: 115kg

1016516_620713444614811_527113767_n.jpg

Potential ruckman from Columbia University with a basketball and American football background. An imposing athlete who has great appetite for the competition. Has a natural leap - (SVJ - 70cm, RVJ - 85cm) both impressive together with his absolute reach for a potential ruckman at 207cm. Has a double degree in political science and psychology.

Cisco comes from multi-sport backgrounds, including basketball and American football with the AFL looking to America to recruit athletes who can play in key position roles or the ruck.
Ciso will bolster the GCS ruck stocks with current ruckman Zac Smith.

Mark Cisco spend time in 2012 training with the Sydney Swans alongside other draft hopefull Jason Holmes

Dogs_r_barking

#40 – Isaiah Miller (VIC –Def/Mid)Height: 187cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 07/01/1995
Recruited from: Bendigo Pioneers
Style:
Player comparison:
Range: 20-60

Knightmare's write up:
Profile: Miller is an athletic defender who plays a good two way game. He reads it well behind the ball and get his share of intercept marks. Knows when to go 3rd man up. Wins his 1v1 contests. Miller has some linebreaking pace and can provide some drive from the back half with his run and carry. He’s also an excellent user of the footy as someone who can also by foot generate some real drive from the back half as a precise user of the footy. Miller has the ability to play a role either on a back flank or wing as an athletic tall who can do some damage and generate some drive.

texdog

Senior List
Oct 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester City, Oklahoma Thunder
What happens when someone takes to long?

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
What happens when someone takes to long?
Sorry, GTA has destroyed what little time I had in the first place. :p

Someone tag him again (can't tag on my phone) and if he doesn't pick by this time tomorrow we'll move on.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Sorry, tapatalk never gave me the tag notification.

Mitch Honeychurch.

Pick 43 - North Melbourne - Jarman Impey

Small forward/mid, very quick, great skills, and pretty much exactly what I think the North Melbourne forward line needs.

_M_16_

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Pick 44 - Essendon - Luke Reynolds

Position: Forward
Height: 188cm
Weight: 86kg
Plays For: Port Adelaide

The Bombers need some extra silk in their Midfield, but also need some more forward targets. With Crameri likely leaving for the Bulldogs, Reynolds could be seen as a potential replacement. He is a lead up forward, who can also take a strong overhead mark. Pretty accurate in front of goals and likes to unleash monster kicks from outside 50 with precision. Also has the ability to play up field, and take marks on the lead. His kicking over short and medium distances is rated, along with his football smarts and vision allows him to place pinpoint passes inside 50 low and fast to another forward, setting up some goals for his team mates as well. Not super athletic, but does have good pace and agility as well. Plays tall for his height, and can be used as a midfielder as well.

Not chewy caramel, so I won't respond :p

Pick 45 - Collingwood - Louis Herbert

Knightmare's write-up:
Tall utility who missed out last year through the draft but has come back a much improved player this year. Herbert last year was a strong marking medium forward who could really hit the scoreboard in a big way, but did so inconsistently with some big games but then some quiet games. This year Herbert has shifted up the field more onto a wing and the move has payed off and as a result he’s playing some consistently strong footy where he’s playing strong football every week and is doing damage with his touches. Herbert is more that outside linkup player but has some real class and hurt factor to him and a long penetrating kick to him. Athletically he’s excellent with a combination of pace, agility, endurance and a good leap on him. But being that tall who can really get forward and take some strong marks that’s where his real value comes in my view and makes him different to the next outside type giving him that extra bit of versatility.

Dannnnnnnnnn

What is creepy, is I am watching the Dark Knight Rises and am up to that scene as I was looking to see when this mock draft is over, thinking of who I would like already :D for any club

I know. I'm from the future, saw you were watching it, and was waiting for the right moment to post it so that you would see it while you were watching the Dark Knight Rises. Worth it.

texdog

Senior List
Oct 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sorry guys, haven't been able to get on a computer and can't be bothered doing some research/writing this up on my phone. I'll make my pick sometime later tonight.

Just don't pick who I want!!!! :p

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Pick 46 - Richmond - Darcy Cameron​
Darcy+Cameron+AFL+U18+Championship+Rd+5+tpRH8eKH3LGx.jpg
Height - 203cm​
Weight - 98kg​
Cameron is a fantastic young ruckman from Claremont in WA. He reads the ball brilliantly in the air and has an unparalleled vision for the contest, often setting up play easily with his taps. What sets him apart from the other ruckmen in the draft is his uncanny ability to follow up his tap work. While he doesn't run quite as hard as say, a Mumford type, he moves very well and can serve as a link man through the midfield as well as a tap ruckman, as well as going forward, taking some marks and having an impact on the scoreboard. He needs to continue to add size and work on his ground-level work, but he's likely to become one of the best ruckmen in the draft at AFL level.​
At Richmond he'll provide a promising young ruckman to play under Maric and allow Vickery to play a role in the forward line (or up the ground as a decoy) more often, giving Jack the opportunity to dominate the forward line rather than getting drawn up the ground. He's a mobile type that's very different to Maric, giving them some variety there.​

texdog

Senior List
Oct 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Pick 47-Carlton-Jared Jansen
I've set out to replace a few key players in Judd, Waite and Carrazo so I've selected Lewis Taylor, Cameron Conlon and Jared Jansen. Jared is a strong bodied mid who I've selected to become a big bodied tagger.

Back