Eddie Betts

What do you think of the AFC recruiting Eddie Betts?

• Yes, $500k is fine

Votes: 205 61.6%
  • Yes, but we're paying too much

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • No, not worth the money

Votes: 45 13.5%
  • No, just do not want at any price.

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really sorry to see Eddie leave Carlton. He has been a fan fave, have no doubt he will bring you much footy joy, he is fun to watch. A real good get for the Crows. Gonna miss those shorts

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
My view was that I was always happy for the crows to go after Betts as long as we didn't just throw money at him. I think the rumoured 4 years at $2m is about right. Its a good get and after the way David Noble explained it on the radio I am even more convinced its the right decision.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My view was that I was always happy for the crows to go after Betts as long as we didn't just throw money at him. I think the rumoured 4 years at $2m is about right. Its a good get and after the way David Noble explained it on the radio I am even more convinced its the right decision.
No offense but this post just shows you agree with whatever the club does. What Noble said is no different to what a lot of us have been saying.

Shamus75

Debutant
Aug 5, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Really tho, Love the move. Cant wait to watch him, just probably means Callinan will miss out. Unless....

Callinan Walker Betts

Callinan retires next year and Thomas comes in.

Oooooo.
Callinan for a development role with the ressies next year.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
What do you guys think of the betts deal , wanna know of you think it was money well spent , I understand your in a different position with the draft so just a question

I have morals and a political view of where this league is going, they both say we paid way to much for a guy from a consistently mediochre side that only left because he was offered a pay cut.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
You are the only one creating a fuss over this, and I'm not sure why.

Tine will tell Baccs and I put my expectations in writing.

If we only receive Eddie Betts in the entire trade period, it won't be good enough.

That's nothing against Betts as he is a very good pick up but collectively it won't be acceptable.

Campbell's Chunky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Sorry mate.

If he is so awesome, why are you trying so hard to convince us?

Actions speak louder than words and he will be judged on his actions over the next 2 weeks.

Yikes, trade week hasn't even started and you're already chastising him for not bringing anyone in. This'll be fun.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yikes, trade week hasn't even started and you're already chastising him for not bringing anyone in. This'll be fun.

If he can bring Betts (done), Polec and a second round pick fir the loss of Henderson, MacKay and smack he has archived his goal and would get an A grade.

If he does 2 of those 3 will be a pass.

Betts alone will be a fail.

And that is based on how much talk the club has done and set our expectations.

I'm very excited about Betts and that fail grade is nothing about him but we still need to find some more players or draft picks that we need.

Campbell's Chunky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
If he can bring Betts (done), Polec and a second round pick fir the loss of Henderson, MacKay and smack he has archived his goal and would get an A grade.

If he does 2 of those 3 will be a pass.

Betts alone will be a fail.

And that is based on how much talk the club has done and set our expectations.

I'm very excited about Betts and that fail grade is nothing about him but we still need to find some more players or draft picks that we need.

And it'll happen, settle the fek down. Just because David Noble hasn't personally walked from Etihad to your front door and delivered the news that he is enquiring about numerous players, doesn't mean that he's not over there busting his balls to get stuff done. It'll happen.

Last year we had our hands tied because the Tippett thing was not resolved by the close of trade and hence nothing really happened apart from Gus Graham which of course is a mistake and the club will admit that. Fair enough.

The year before I get very moist over and we're just starting to see the fruits of that period :)

#eddie14

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
And it'll happen, settle the fek down. Just because David Noble hasn't personally walked from Etihad to your front door and delivered the news that he is enquiring about numerous players, doesn't mean that he's not over there busting his balls to get stuff done. It'll happen.

Last year we had our hands tied because the Tippett thing was not resolved by the close of trade and hence nothing really happened apart from Gus Graham which of course is a mistake and the club will admit that. Fair enough.

The year before I get very moist over and we're just starting to see the fruits of that period :)

#eddie14

If you say so. Let's see what happens in 2 weeks time when the trade period is over.

However, I can only base my comments on that the stuff he has said and according to those comments, our only tradable commodity to gain a high draft pick or player trade is allegedly off the table. He is part of our 2014 defensive plans.

Smack won't get us Polec and Vince isn't getting traded and we won't use the PSD. So where are theses mystery deals coming from?

You say have faith but based on those comments he said yesterday, doesn't give me much faith.

Aug 12, 2004
Not in Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC, Arsenal
If you say so. Let's see what happens in 2 weeks time when the trade period is over.

However, I can only base my comments on that the stuff he has said and according to those comments, our only tradable commodity to gain a high draft pick or player trade is allegedly off the table. He is part of our 2014 defensive plans.

Smack won't get us Polec and Vince isn't getting traded and we won't use the PSD. So where are theses mystery deals coming from?

You say have faith but based on those comments he said yesterday, doesn't give me much faith.

When Noble says we are more interested in shoring up our existing list rather than bringing in anything new, I think you can only interpret that one way.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
When Noble says we are more interested in shoring up our existing list rather than bringing in anything new, I think you can only interpret that one way.

So why did Rob Chapman make comments about giving a direct instruction to the list management team to get us back into the first and second round and then Trigg make other comments that we will be active during this period?

Only fir very little to happen?

amer

Cancelled
Nov 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is a big management win for the club. To court and secure a player of his quality is an awesome reflection on Nobes and his coordinative work. Proud as a supporter of the job this man does, proven over a few years now.

We've gone and filled a need directly. First big free agency win. If only last year hadn't been engineered to put us over the barrel, trading last and this year would probably look a lot like the big wins of 2010 and 2011, and a coup like Betts would be the champagne moment to go with it all.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Most likely have, but the AFL need to go over the contracts etc before it is announced. So far only the Unrestricted FA signings have been announced this morning.
especially the Crow ones :oops:

and don't we have to wait 24 hours before it is announced to allow for Carlton to match?

Apr 28, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, West Adelaide

and don't we have to wait 24 hours before it is announced to allow for Carlton to match?

I think Carlton get 72 hours from the time it's announced. So it'll be announced we've lodged the paper work and then Carlton have 3 days to match it or not. At least that's what I remember them doing last year.

Campbell's Chunky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts

Theoretically but Carlton would know already if they will match or not and last year the clubs who didn't wish to match just announced it straight away.

I would imagine the Crows would like to fly Eddie over today, do a presser and get some good news out there going into the weekend.

Shamus75

Debutant
Aug 5, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

72 hours to match the offer but going on last year, clubs have been announcing they won't match pretty quickly and moving on.

Back