2013 Western Bulldogs Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide: Pick 48
Ben Cavarra (VIC – Mid)
Height: 173cm, Weight: 69kg, DOB: 20/12/1995
Recruited from: Eastern Ranges
Ben-Cavarra.jpg

Profile: One of the best performed midfielders in this draft and has been dominant for some time now. Cavarra is one of the elite runners in the TAC and he never seems to run out of energy as one of those little energiser bunnies who seems to be at it all game long just running and running. Cavarra wins a combination of inside and outside ball and is an on field general barking out instructions and leading his team through his actions and words which is impressive for a young draft prospect.

GoDoggies Your Up!

Port Adelaide: Pick 48
Ben Cavarra (VIC – Mid)
Height: 173cm, Weight: 69kg, DOB: 20/12/1995
Recruited from: Eastern Ranges
Ben-Cavarra.jpg

Profile: One of the best performed midfielders in this draft and has been dominant for some time now. Cavarra is one of the elite runners in the TAC and he never seems to run out of energy as one of those little energiser bunnies who seems to be at it all game long just running and running. Cavarra wins a combination of inside and outside ball and is an on field general barking out instructions and leading his team through his actions and words which is impressive for a young draft prospect.

GoDoggies Your Up!
Came on here to see where he was rated - BOG in the TAC Cup :cool:

Pick 50 - Geelong

Ben Brown

Amazing contested mark, amazing athlete and a solid shot for goal that only seems to be improving, skys the limit. If he came to the bulldogs he would be my favorite player tied with Stringer.

hurry this up, I am anxious to start the next mock draft ;)

I offered you a place and you rejected it! You have no one to blame but yourself. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 53:

Jake Kolodjashnij (TAS – KPD/Util)
Height: 192cm, Weight: 88kg, DOB: 09/08/1995
Recruited from: Launceston
Style: Ryan Shoenmakers
Player comparison:
Range: 30-rookie
Profile: The brother of Kade, Jake is a completely different player. Jake is a defender with a strong body and the ability to shut down opposition forwards or play as a rebounder as required. What I like with Jake is his versatility and ability to play a number of roles either as a key defender or even as more of a rebounder off a back flank. But in saying that I’m not yet sold on him in any one role. As a key defender despite his size he can struggle 1v1 and also struggle when the ball hits the deck with that second effort not yet there.

StringyDog

Pick 54 Melbourne - Chris Cain

Not a lot left in draft so priority for Melbourne will be to have someone who can immediately boost their midfield. Cain is one of best performing VFL midfielders this year playing at Port Melbourne, has good speed and agility and is very good in tight in clearances and moving through congestion, is also able to hit scoreboard as a midfielder. At 26 is a little older than they would normally go for, but would hope he can bridge some gaps and take some heat off their new batch until they blossom.

Really just guessing at this point.

Pick 55- St Kilda: Dwayne Wilson

Knightmare says:

Dwayne Wilson (SA – Mid/Fwd)
Height: 178cm, Weight: 75kg, DOB: 17/01/1995
Recruited from: Sturt
Style: Danyle Pearce
Player comparison:
Range: 30-rookie
Profile: Wilson is a very damaging outside player who you just want the ball in the hands of. Has some genuine linebreaking pace and really takes the game on but then also has the damaging footskills to go with it. Has some penetration on his kick and on a wing any time he gets forward of centre he loves a goal and generally hits the scoreboard really doing some damage. He will need to get stronger and start winning his own ball more as he can really go quiet for stretches of games and lack consistency from game to game but when he’s up and going he can get his hands on it he’ll break games open.

Mofra

Pick 56 - Charlie Cameron
178cm, 68kgs

Yeah he's little, but he plays FP/BP and there's nothing wrong with a quick, agile kid who tackles. Hard. He's from a union background I believe, and really at this point I was looking for a kid that B-Mac would love. Probably pegged more as a rookie selection but attitude and ticker are all top notch and given report we're looking at Nahas (1) we clearly want another small goalsneak on the list.
Pace, attitude, goal sense - all tick. Forget trading for smalls - this kid has been playing against men in the WAFL and I'm far more comfortable taking this kid here.

Mike__

Remove this Banner Ad

Back