"No. You'll still be you."

Season 8 finale:

Screen-Shot-2013-09-23-at-10.20.23-AM-650x354.png
dexter_finale_3.jpg

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
To me the series was a psychological Frankenstein - the monster in this case trying so hard to claim humanity while still having to acknowledge, at least to himself, that he will never fully get there.

He admits it in the end - he destroys everything and everyone that he's tried to love. Harry, Debra, Rita, even Vogel. Plus all the other killers he tried to confide in or mentor along the way. He can't have a normal life. He's damaged, and always will be.

Felt sorry for Debra though. Her character deserved better.

I don't rate BB that highly (well no where near as highly as others do) but after watching it and comparing it with Dexter. Dexter's was amateur hour in comparison.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Urgh, wish I went through this read before I started watching the season, would of saved me from having to watch that s**t. Though I can't say I really watched the season either. And it's been like that for the last few seasons. The show's on, but I'm only half watching it.

Feel bad for Michael C Hall. Listened to him on the Nerdist podcast a while back, and came across really awesome, funny, and just a stand up dude. Writers really ****ed the show up. Though he is an exec producer and could of had a voice.

I'll maintain that I think season 1 is the best of the lot, and a contender as a HOFer. I think a lot of it's got to do with the fact that it had the source material to go on, and they could craft out a season perfectly.

spoiled it for someone on facebook accidentally (messaged her knowing she was a fan and would have seen it, but she hadn't).

She just laughed it off thinking it was a joke 'lol, no way would it end like that, going to watch it now'.

2 hours later she messages me 'you are such a c***'

pretty much sums up the ending really...

demon21

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2003
Tasmania
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
melbourne/Chargers
Well im different to alot of people then i didnt mind how it finished, it wasnt great but thought it was ok, I wanted Deb to die which she did.

And i didnt really want Dexter to have a happy ending so in saying that i was pretty pleased.

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
i dont hate it as much as most seem to. probably because i really stopped caring about the show some time ago and just continued to watch because i'd already invested so much time. the usual awful dialogue annoyed me more than the ending itself.

Though he is an exec producer and could of had a voice.
A lot of times they just give them the title like EP to put on their resume, or offer at is a carrot to except less money on their contract.

He may have an active role but I don't think he was an EP from the beginning which made me think they offered it to him to keep him happy & it was a hands off role.

In a interview with MCH he said he basically only became an exec producer the be a voice for the actors on set, kind of like a union rep. He said the only story line he killed off was Louis the intern becoming a copycat of dexter I cant remember why though.

I wonder if being a exec gives him a cut of dvd sales etc though.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
In a interview with MCH he said he basically only became an exec producer the be a voice for the actors on set, kind of like a union rep. He said the only story line he killed off was Louis the intern becoming a copycat of dexter I cant remember why though.

I wonder if being a exec gives him a cut of dvd sales etc though.
I guess so they could use another introduced character to play that role, aka Zach

Back