General Bombers Talk The NEC Hangar

Jobe

All Australian
Apr 18, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Looks amazing, I'm not familiar with other clubs training facility's, but surely this has to put us with the top clubs.
Richmond & Collingwood?

Oh i received a few calls regarding the $200 raffle, was unexpected to say the least.
"Hello sir, have you enjoy your time as an Essendon member this year?" ...

Oh i received a few calls regarding the $200 raffle, was unexpected to say the least.
"Hello sir, have you enjoy your time as an Essendon member this year?" ...

LOL!!

Haven't received a call yet, they must know I'm a tight arse!

HPC is looking sensational. The second oval is taking awhile to come up, grass looks yellow in the video.

The Jet

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 25, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
1st-3rd year players will be starting pre-season there 1st week of November. I might head down there myself Melbourne Cup eve to take a look. They have a cafe there also, so surely i will have a bite to eat there.

I will take some photos and post them in this thread. Might even sneak a couple of photos with players myself if I see any there.

GandalfTheDon

T**ty Sprinkles
Essendon Player Sponsor 2017 Pokemon is Life Essendon Player Sponsor 2016 Essendon Player Sponsor 2014 Essendon Player Sponsor 2015
Aug 15, 2011
The Red and Black Havens
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United
Anyone have the link where you can see the progress of the HPF day by day?

The Jet

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 25, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Depending on the weather tomorrow, I'll be going to Tullamarine in the morning, hope the weather isn't as bad as they are suggesting. If I do go, I will be taking some photos which i will upload in this thread.

If weather is bad and i don't go, I will go the first chance of a nice weather day.

Geez that place is impressive.

Doss, how you feel about emailing the club and quizzing them on getting a tour for some of the BF boys (when ready of course).
Spoke to the club about this, they can't give a definitive answer at this point as they are still in the process of moving and what not.

They told me that early November will be when they will be able to give us a better idea as to the scope for this.

I got the impression I'm not the only one who has asked about this.

Spoke to the club about this, they can't give a definitive answer at this point as they are still in the process of moving and what not.

They told me that early November will be when they will be able to give us a better idea as to the scope for this.

I got the impression I'm not the only one who has asked about this.
I have the feeling somewhere on their site they have something about tours, so I'm guessing they have had a lot of people have asked too.

The Jet

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 25, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Took some photos from when I was there this morning. Not all completed but most of it is done. The 1-4 year players were training just as we left. Also included a few senior players. Dedication!

The Jet

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 25, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Looks like it is Media day at Essendons HPC. With the OFFICIAL opening of the new training center tonight.

h9wp.jpg

jgkf.jpg

ye5z.jpg

Watson says there's a lot of similarities in the game style that Bomber preaches & doesn't see it changing too much.

Watson: "The lessons that the club learnt and the loyalty that was displayed by our supporters is something we can certainly build on."

The Jet

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 25, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Watching BJ's tour of Bombers' new digs http://tinyurl.com/ls833x5

ESSENDON is hopeful its new state-of-the-art Tullamarine base will help energise the club as it looks to leave behind its disastrous 2013 season.

The Bombers' full playing list returned to training on Monday, when the club officially opened its new high performance centre.

Boasting an indoor training facility, a three-lane lap pool, a world-class gym, two ovals (one the size of the MCG, the other the size of Etihad Stadium) and two altitude rooms, the $27 million project has lifted spirits at the Bombers after their year in the spotlight.

Captain Jobe Watson, speaking on his first day of pre-season training, was confident that the teachings of 2013, along with the invigoration of a new home for the club, would breed optimism heading into next season.

"With being at the new facility, the lessons the club's learnt in 2013, the resilience the playing group's showed, the resilience the club showed and the loyalty we got from our supporters and fan - the club didn't break under enormous stress and the playing group didn't break and the fans didn't go away," Watson said.

"That's something the Essendon Football Club as a brand can build on."

Essendon has welcomed three additions to its list – Paul Chapman, Shaun Edwards and Kurt Aylett – and Watson said the recruits, coupled with the new furnishings, gave the players a boost.

"There's just excitement with the playing group and that happens this time every year. But with the new facility, and some new faces, you walk around and it's infectious, the excitement through the whole football club," Watson said.

Still, the shadow of 2013 may remain until the Bombers actually hit the field next year.

Watson said he had not used his post-season break to reflect much on how the last few months had unfolded, with the Dons being booted from the finals despite winning 14 games, the most it had won in a season since 2004.

He also said he could "understand" why he had become the target of opposition supporters during games last year, being vigorously booed throughout the second half of the season.

"It's never a nice experience," he said of copping the brunt of the abuse.

"And it's not something you really prepare yourself for. But I think you go back to 'What kind of person am I? What kind of person do I want to be? Whose opinions do I value? Who cares about me? What do I care about?'

"And I can understand the anger and the anguish from the football community. But I can't control or worry about what other people think and how they behave. They're entitled to do it and given the circumstances of the year, you can understand how people reacted that way.

"I wasn't going to dwell on it and I was able to move on."

Despite losing key forwards Scott Gumbleton and Stewart Crameri during the trade period, and with Michael Hurley seemingly headed to the backline, Watson said he was confident in the club's forward stocks.

"Obviously Joey's (Daniher) going into his second pre-season, Paddy (Ryder) can play forward, Tom Bellchambers played forward, we recruited Paul Chapman to play more of a forward role," Watson said.

"You never like to lose players like the ones that we've lost but that is the challenge and that is the nature of sport that someone else will fill the role."

Synth

I'm kind of a big deal
May 25, 2009
Bayside, Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb City, Man City, NY Giants
Not sure why the didn't build a media room so they didn't have to do interviews on the basketball court...

Back